UIC status check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doinmybest5840

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just looking on my status page for UIC and it says that they've received my secondary, fee, and LORs, and then under status it says "applicant in process." Is this the equivalent of being "complete," or am I technically not complete until they notify me in some way? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

"Application In Process" means you're complete and ready for the Admissions Committee to review. Sit back and be anxious like the rest of us. ...oh, and check that status page every now and again. :)

"Application In Process" means you're complete and ready for the Admissions Committee to review. Sit back and be anxious like the rest of us. ...oh, and check that status page every now and again. :)

Awesome, thanks! :) I love getting "complete" at the schools... I'm a nerd and I love updated my MDapps. hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
Since an interview offer will be posted on the Status Page, most check it daily, so they can call in and schedule it before the best times are taken. (Not that I want you to get neurotic about this process, or anything.)

This whole process is intended to make us all OCD if we weren't already. Love it.

Since an interview offer will be posted on the Status Page, most check it daily, so they can call in and schedule it before the best times are taken. (Not that I want you to get neurotic about this process, or anything.)

So they don't call you if they want to interview you? You just have to pray you check the site before your chance is gone? That's sorta crappy.

So they don't call you if they want to interview you? You just have to pray you check the site before your chance is gone?

That's sorta crappy.

Correct. But on the positive side, I know of someone who 'didn't notice' they'd been offered (per Status Page) an interview for three weeks, and they were still permitted to schedule at a later time (in June 2007).

Agree.

I don't think many schools actually call you.

Well, not even call, but at least an email should be sent. Don't they think we might have something better to do than check status pages for every school we applied to over and over again?

SO what about the schools that don't have an online portal for us to check out app status? They will call us right? or will they just email or snail mail?

Well, not even call, but at least an email should be sent. Don't they think we might have something better to do than check status pages for every school we applied to over and over again?

UIC communicates all decisions, interviews, acceptance, rejects, by snail mail so status page is not the only way to find out. The snail mail is just a little slower.

UIC communicates all decisions, interviews, acceptance, rejects, by snail mail so status page is not the only way to find out. The snail mail is just a little slower.

I'm glad you found UIC's communication via snail mail to be reliable.

However, while some are informed by snail mail eventually, a significant number (at least for interview offers) report no such communication, even after a long time goes by (see my 3:36 pm post of today for an example). The WTF...UIC thread for last year's cycle (still currently active for waitlisters) gives further witness to this unfortunate truth. It's best to check the Status Page often for best reliability.

It's been nine weeks since my status page offered me an interview and I have yet to receive a snail mail about the offer. I did get a letter telling me I was on the waitlist after the interview, though.

It's my understanding, that because it's so late in the cycle with the new class starting in 3 weeks, that we will be notified by telephone if we get off the waitlist. The rest of the year acceptances were notified by snail mail after a status page change that a final determination was made on your application and that you will be notified of the decision by mail within 2 weeks. You cannot call and find out what the decision was.