UM-Flint vs Water Crisis Thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dj2PT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I'm very interested in applying to the PT program in UM-Flint. But as you know they are going through the water crisis over there. I wanted your opinions on whether or not this is a smart choice. I especially want to hear from students that are currently going there or who have applied there this cycle.
 
I applied to UM-Flint this past cycle. They sent an email regarding the crisis, informing interested students that all of the water on the UM-Flint campus was clean. That being said, I would assume you would still need to deal with the contaminated water outside of campus (in your apartment).


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I applied to UM-Flint this past cycle. They sent an email regarding the crisis, informing interested students that all of the water on the UM-Flint campus was clean. That being said, I would assume you would still need to deal with the contaminated water outside of campus (in your apartment).


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So if you decide to go are you going to live on campus? How are you prepared to live there
 
I haven't thought much about it, however I would most likely just use bottled water. For showers, I've read that residents get a gym membership and shower there. There are a number of ways to get around the crisis. I am currently on the waitlist, and am unsure if I will go there if I am accepted (due to the water crisis).


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile