Um... I wonder....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder though.....
When... Filling out an application...Or at the interview....

Do all people write what they talk?
Or
Do all people talk what they write?

Can the admission people reallllllyyyyyyy figure out the way a person talks from the way he/she writes or the opp???

Members don't see this ad.

Um.. I see,
No one has replied after my unique serious no point diaster Thread….

The thread had to be for fun and venting out…for writing and talking

But I was expecting something along these lines

“ Oh!! I talk better than what I write.”
“ I write better than what I talk.”
“yeah my writing comes out better because I have more seconds to think what I write than while talking I have to spit out the next second.”
“Where can I go brush up my accents?”

Sometimes your posts are just inscrutable. I sense a tinge of trying too hard to sound profound.

Members don't see this ad :)
themadchemist said:
Sometimes your posts are just inscrutable. I sense a tinge of trying too hard to sound profound.

Thanks For writing :D

JustR said:
Thanks For writing :D

Haha, no problem. Thanks for taking it in stride! I meant no offense, but it is hard to understand what you mean sometimes, as if you're trying to be mysterious on purpose. :p

themadchemist said:
Haha, no problem. Thanks for taking it in stride! I meant no offense, but it is hard to understand what you mean sometimes, as if you're trying to be mysterious on purpose. :p

Oh!!!
God!!!
I am not…
It’s just that I wonder
NO my writing wonders all over and No one can understand.
When I read the thread, IT occurred to me if people talk differently then what they write.

Or sometimes, they are better writers than speakers if it going to/will/ or have impacted on the admission process...

Or the vise versa…
So I just raised the questions but they are just too RANDOM and out there.

This morning… the computer froze, so I had to click twice when postin and new TWO thread appeared. SO I had to request a closer for the other one.

Stupid as I am sometimes to do stupid things, talk stupid stuff and/or write stupid words.

JustR said:
Oh!!!
God!!!
I am not…
It’s just that I wonder
NO my writing wonders all over and No one can understand.
When I read the thread, IT occurred to me if people talk differently then what they write.

Or sometimes, they are better writers than speakers if it going to/will/ or have impacted on the admission process...

Or the vise versa…
So I just raised the questions but they are just too RANDOM and out there.

This morning… the computer froze, so I had to click twice when postin and new TWO thread appeared. SO I had to request a closer for the other one.

Stupid as I am sometimes to do stupid things, talk stupid stuff and/or write stupid words.

Well, to answer your question...

I've been told I speak and write pretty well. I've done a lot of speeches and thus on occasion, my writing sounds like a speech. This is particularly true towards the end, because I'm fond of buildups. So more than one person said that the end of my AMCAS essay sounded just like a speech. And when I read through it, my heart began to race as it built. I really love to speak and I love putting emotion into it.

But my writing style has changed a whole lot. It used to be really grandiose, but lately, especially for these essays, I've tried to keep it simple and straightforward. In that way, it's probably not as dramatic as my speaking, but even that, over the years, has become a little less dramatic.

Really, I think an essay is like a speech. It's not like an interview at all, where there's back and forth and you're answering multiple questions and you don't have a lot of time. You have to bring something different there. People appreciate briefer answers, I think, in an interview setting, because it's hard to hold someone's attention for a longer answer unless you have a fun story to tell.

I really don't know if anything I just said is what you meant when you started this thread, but oh well.

UM,... The origin of the thread

There is that thread that called
“SO I have been stalked on pre-allo” it is on the next page right now.
If you read the page Six on that thread, you would understand that I am just wondering like a question or curious to know what people think ABOUT WRITING VS TALKING

And that has nothing to do with writing an essay or something.. like in general sense if people write the same the way they talk or differently.

But over looking at this, and while visiting the lounge….
I figure,,, the thread I have started are more related to lounge then Admission processes, and I feel so ignorant after having it posted this here.

JustR said:
I wonder though.....
When... Filling out an application...Or at the interview....

Do all people write what they talk?
Or
Do all people talk what they write?

Can the admission people reallllllyyyyyyy figure out the way a person talks from the way he/she writes or the opp???

i'm guessing that no, not all people write what they talk, and no, not all people talk what they write...cuz 1) people lie 2) liars **** up sometimes 3) some people think that writing and speaking are kinda like apples and oranges

and sure, why not? the people that get figured out would likely be the ones that don't fall under 3)

JustR said:
And that has nothing to do with writing an essay or something.. like in general sense if people write the same the way they talk or differently.

But over looking at this, and while visiting the lounge….
I figure,,, the thread I have started are more related to lounge then Admission processes, and I feel so ignorant after having it posted this here. .

how do YOU talk in real life?

anystream said:

I am very quite person. Not so much yapping… but I write more than what I talk… I don't talk unless necessary.

PS: the term necessary is defined by ME differently in different situations…

anystream said:

Yeah!!! I talk with my mouth,,, not by my legs or by hands etc,,,,and that's how i talk... :laugh:

VPDcurt said:
Your friends are liars.
Liars,... Um
only when they talk??
only when they write??
Or in both... liars in writing and talking...

it. said:
i'm guessing that no, not all people write what they talk, and no, not all people talk what they write...cuz 1) people lie 2) liars **** up sometimes 3) some people think that writing and speaking are kinda like apples and oranges

and sure, why not? the people that get figured out would likely be the ones that don't fall under 3)

Really great INDEED!!!
Apples and Oranges!!!
What would you prefer It??