UMDNJ- Chances of Acceptance With Interview Post Dec. 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Just have a quick question for those out there with experience or friends that went through the same situation. I have an interview at UMDNJ the first week of December so I'm wondering what the chances of me getting accepted are since it's a post-December 1st interview. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting, they put me for an interview on January 4th today. When did you get your email?

*From the website
[SIZE=-1] "After December 1st admission to the New Jersey Dental School is on a rolling basis."[/SIZE]

Last edited:
I got an interview today scheduled for Dec 7th. our chances probably depend on how many people put in their deposits after they're accepted. good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite today for December 7th as well. I really hope I land a seat in the school. Did any of you do the Gateway Program by any chance?

got 1 in jan. as well. the chances are iffy, but you honestly never know. not to be a pessimist or anything, but a decent amount of people that ive met at UMDNJ turned down ivy league schools just for the sake of saving $$. it sucks, but you've gotta keep your head up, do well during the interview, and hope for the best.

Any way to find out statistics? Like the percentage of people interviewed after December 1st that enrolled? I'd love to be able to see figures on that kind of thing, but they probably don't exist.

well, if it'll help calm some nerves here are the numbers from the 2012 adea book....

In state applicants: 324; In state Interviews: 125; # enrolled: 58---->46.4% chance
Out of State: 1,595; OOS interviews: 159; # enrolled: 32--->20.1% chance

there is obviously more to it than this. there's no way of knowing how many people declined their acceptances...or how many acceptances were sent out in the first place, for that matter.

so at this point, UMDNJ interview slots are all booked til POST-DEC?

Received a Dec 7th interview as well. See you guys there!

I don't know but I just got notified 3 days ago for an interview Nov. 9
I guess they do them all in batches? I have no idea.
Best of luck!

Interesting, they put me for an interview on January 4th today. When did you get your email?

*From the website
[SIZE=-1] "After December 1st admission to the New Jersey Dental School is on a rolling basis."[/SIZE]

High five, jan 4th here too lol

Members don't see this ad :)
No way! You just got invited THIS WEEK for a November 9th interview date? And we got December 7th even though we received it a few days after you?

@PreDent: The 58 instate students that enrolled were the same amount that were accepted, 58. Those were out of the 125 in-state students that were interviewed. It's on the first few pages where it shows the in-state versus out of state numbers for each school. I don't think any in-staters declined their offer. It's really up to the out of state acceptances to really get us into the school :/

I was in the same boat as you for a while :/ I had given up hope actually on them. But patience! That's all I can say honestly. Thanks for the good wishes!

No way! You just got invited THIS WEEK for a November 9th interview date? And we got December 7th even though we received it a few days after you?

@PreDent: The 58 instate students that enrolled were the same amount that were accepted, 58. Those were out of the 125 in-state students that were interviewed. It's on the first few pages where it shows the in-state versus out of state numbers for each school. I don't think any in-staters declined their offer. It's really up to the out of state acceptances to really get us into the school :/

Some of us got an interview on the SAME DAY and got scheduled on january when some people got scheduled on december. period of a week can change a lot apparently lol

Yeah you're right. Anyone know people who got accepted to UMDNJ with an interview post December 1st?

No, just because 58 students enrolled doesn't mean they sent out only 58 acceptances. It just so happened that in the end (after considering waitlisted students, declined acceptances), 58 in state students were ultimately accepted. The number is prob higher, but obviously it can't be greater than 125.

No, it does mean 58 were accepted. The page in the ADEA book comparing in state versus out of state students shows how many students were ACCEPTED at the school versus how many enrolled. It's just strange that no one declined UMDNJ's acceptance offer, versus other schools where a great deal of students declined the offer. If you look at the other schools on that same page, it shows how many were accepted and how many actually enrolled.

It may be that I got Nov since my application has been sitting there just waiting on my scores.

I mean, my application has been sitting there completed for quite some time. Do you mind sharing your stats? Even in a private message.

With the amount of students that are accepted pre-Dec 1st, I wonder how many seats realistically would be left over after... Would enough students even turn down an acceptance for there to be any seats left over?

With the amount of students that are accepted pre-Dec 1st, I wonder how many seats realistically would be left over after... Would enough students even turn down an acceptance for there to be any seats left over?
Off topic but do you mind sharing how many interviews you have so far?

The number of acceptances with post-December interviews isn't on the spreadsheet right? Or am I missing something? I just see the number of post-December interviews. Ex. UMDNJ had 6 post December interviews.