Unbelievable! I'm off 1 pre-interview hold!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momgracea

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Miracle of miracles.... I walked in the door tonight after a long and weary day of work/school and behold! There sat a package from LECOM - Bradenton! I opened... hesitantly... as I have also heard of rejections coming in large packages, but instead I found an invitation to interview! :D (No snickering Inviz!)

I'm scheduled for Friday, March 2. Anyone joining me?

Members don't see this ad.

Miracle of miracles.... I walked in the door tonight after a long and weary day of work/school and behold! There sat a package from LECOM - Bradenton! I opened... hesitantly... as I have also heard of rejections coming in large packages, but instead I found an invitation to interview! :D (No snickering Inviz!)

congrats! you deserve it. Now nail that interview and get yourself an acceptance in sunny Florida.:luck:

yeay!!!
congrats!
I guess you will need to be dethroned;) :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
dethrone momgracea!!!!

congrats!

Congrats!!!:thumbup: :clap: :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck!!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

oooOOoooo congratulations!!! break a leg with the interview!! :luck:

Congrats and good luck!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

congrats and goodluck!:luck:

have 'em ... congrats.

If it cant be me I am glad it is you!!! Good Luck, I know you can get in.

Y'all are so sweet... I sure don't mind being dethroned!! Heck.. I am now thinking I might just get IN somewhere this year! :D Bradenton will make 4 interviews (2 completed, 2 scheduled) ... doesn't that just about beat the law of averages for med school admission??

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all are so sweet... I sure don't mind being dethroned!! Heck.. I am now thinking I might just get IN somewhere this year! :D Bradenton will make 4 interviews (2 completed, 2 scheduled) ... doesn't that just about beat the law of averages for med school admission??

where are u on aim.

You definately should be able to get an acceptance this year with 4 interviews. Just don't talk as much as you do in class. :smuggrin: ;) j/k

Btw, how long were you complete at Bradenton before hearing?

Good luck!!

You definately should be able to get an acceptance this year with 4 interviews. Just don't talk as much as you do in class. :smuggrin: ;) j/k

talking in class must be a non-trad thing ... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think it is. We just have toooo much life experience and want to share with everyone. :laugh: And unlike the young 'uns that spatter off at the mouth, we actually know what we're talking about. :smuggrin: :laugh: :D

Yeah, I think it is. We just have toooo much life experience and want to share with everyone. :laugh: And unlike the young 'uns that spatter off at the mouth, we actually know what we're talking about. :smuggrin: :laugh: :D

really? often times the professors are watchin the clocks when the non-trads open their mouths and start relating everything to their lives ...

yeah, about those non-trads, i think we ALL start watching the clocks for them. you know the ones- those long-winded talkers. the ones that cause the class to last the full length instead of getting out early. i'm referring to the ones that talk a little. :D short and to the point.

Good luck!!

Ha! Telling all my secrets eh?? :D Maybe y'all were just too quiet!! I was complete the beginning of December, then put on hold the beginning of Janaury. I was actually kind of surprised I got the interview because they also told me they wanted a copy of my CLEP scores, which I haven't sent yet.

Ha! Telling all my secrets eh?? :D Maybe y'all were just too quiet!! I was complete the beginning of December, then put on hold the beginning of Janaury. I was actually kind of surprised I got the interview because they also told me they wanted a copy of my CLEP scores, which I haven't sent yet.

hah,i havent heard back from 'em ... outta sight and outta mind.

Ah, so I have some time to wait. I was probably only complete a couple of weeks ago.

Let us know how the interview goes. Good luck

Congratulations first of all! I'm sure you will be happy to hear, I just got accepted to LECOM-Bradenton....but I will be letting them know shortly that I am attending PCOM. Another spot open for you!! A word of advice for the interview....i honestly didnt think i would be accepted bc my stats arent that hot, but that school is ALL about how well you can communicate (because of their PBL system) so in the interview i was very enthusiastic, talkative, and made sure to let them know i study well in groups. Be confident and i am sure that you will do fantastic :thumbup:

momgracea what other schools did you/will you interview at? I know you said UT Houston. And where did you get accepted?

momgracea what other schools did you/will you interview at? I know you said UT Houston. And where did you get accepted?

Interviewed/accepted at DCOM and have interviews at LECOM-Br and NSU the last week of February. I am still trying to figure out if it makes sense to continue interviewing with DCOM in the bag. Probably... I am that type of person who always likes to keep her options open! :rolleyes:

Interviewed/accepted at DCOM and have interviews at LECOM-Br and NSU the last week of February. I am still trying to figure out if it makes sense to continue interviewing with DCOM in the bag. Probably... I am that type of person who always likes to keep her options open! :rolleyes:

despite havin dcom in bag, id likely go to nsu if i were u ... even if u dont do lecom-br ...

I was wondering because I knew that you had quite a few pre-interview holds but didn't know you had an acceptance yet. Belated congrats! I think it's a good idea to keep your options open so I would still interview at NSU and LECOM-Br if I were you. You might end up having to choose between schools. I went to undergrad in Knoxville (not UT) so I know the area is beautiful. I you haven't gone already I would recommend going to Gatlinburg, especially the Ripley's Aquarium, and Cades Cove is really nice too. That is if you end up going to DCOM. :)

momgracea, I live in Bradenton so if you need any kind of assistance, please let me know.

Krisss17