You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNC ASOD Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by zToothinator
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Predentingwpk
Full Member
Finished the supplemental 8/25, waiting to hear back! Good luck guys.
Hi guys! I'm an OOS applicant from NY, I submitted my app 6/16, and the supplemental app on 6/29. From what I have seen UNC interviews the majority of OOS applicants in September. Would it be safe to say that if I didn't receive an interview invite for the September date I most likely won't for the next interview days? Thank you so much!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! Last year I interviewed in October and there were plenty of OOS folks, don’t lose hope!Hi guys! I'm an OOS applicant from NY, I submitted my app 6/16, and the supplemental app on 6/29. From what I have seen UNC interviews the majority of OOS applicants in September. Would it be safe to say that if I didn't receive an interview invite for the September date I most likely won't for the next interview days? Thank you so much!!!!
dentaldays1
Full Member
For those that interviewed, did your status change?
Yes, it used to say "Invited for Interview" but now it says "Received/Application Complete".For those that interviewed, did your status change?
OOS from NY just received an interview invitation for October 3!!
ToothBoy600
New Member
In State student received interview invitation for October 3rd. Submitted ADEA 6/29 and UNC supplemental on 9/1. Stats below
GPA: 3.93 | S-GPA: 3.97 | DAT: (AA: 24, TS: 23, PA: 18)
GPA: 3.93 | S-GPA: 3.97 | DAT: (AA: 24, TS: 23, PA: 18)
Tooth Hero
Full Member
OOS from NY just received an interview invitation for October 3!!
Do you mind sharing your stats?
sGPA: 3.75, cGPA: 3.74, DAT: 24AA/TSDo you mind sharing your stats?
Congrats to all who have gotten an interview so far. I submitted my secondary app on June 28th and I have not heard from UNC yet. This is my second time applying (I did not get an interview last year). Is this a bad sign that I have not heard from them yet since I applied so early this round? Also, I am in-state if that matters.
Predentingwpk
Full Member
I don’t think it’s a bad sign. It’s just a long process and a waiting game until you hear back! I’m sure your app is stronger and better so we just have to wait to hear back. Good luck !Congrats to all who have gotten an interview so far. I submitted my secondary app on June 28th and I have not heard from UNC yet. This is my second time applying (I did not get an interview last year). Is this a bad sign that I have not heard from them yet since I applied so early this round? Also, I am in-state if that matters.
Thank you for giving me hope! Best of luck to you too!I don’t think it’s a bad sign. It’s just a long process and a waiting game until you hear back! I’m sure your app is stronger and better so we just have to wait to hear back. Good luck !
For those who have already interviewed, do you mind sharing what the process was like? I’m having a hard time picturing how these virtual interviews really work. I appreciate your feedback!
You call in, they check your ID and then place you in a zoom meeting with all the other applicants. Then they give you a presentation on the school. You leave that meeting and call in to your interviews. Literally just a video call. FaceTime. Skype. Zoom. Whatever. You have 3 of those and then you join another room with all of the applicants and a few current students and ask any questions you have. Basically the equivalent of being in a large auditorium with a panel of students at the front. Then it’s done.For those who have already interviewed, do you mind sharing what the process was like? I’m having a hard time picturing how these virtual interviews really work. I appreciate your feedback!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I interviewed there were about 80 people in the zoom callIs UNC still only doing limited interviews with 80 interviewees or have they changed that?
When I interviewed there were about 80 people in the zoom call
Did you have one 1:1 or multiple? How long is the interview itself?
Three 1:1 interviews. Each was 25 minutes. 2 faculty 1 student. When you get an invite they’ll send you the interview day schedule with all of the infoDid you have one 1:1 or multiple? How long is the interview itself?
Since the second round of interviews were this past weekend, should we expect the next round of invites to go out in about two-three weeks from now? B/c the September invites were sent on Sept. 4 and the October invites were sent on the 24th.
YesDid anyone else's status change to Received/Application Complete after the interview?
dentaldays1
Full Member
I would give anything to get a call on December 15th... Anyone else's top school UNC?
toothache200
Full Member
Same!!!I would give anything to get a call on December 15th... Anyone else's top school UNC?
Yep! I graduated from there and am doing research in one of the buildings right across from the dental school, it’s the best motivation I could ask for lolI would give anything to get a call on December 15th... Anyone else's top school UNC?
Congrats!!Just received an invite! I am OOS but attend a school in NC.
Correct me if I’m wrong but, all of the interview invites for a certain date are sent out at the same time, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not entirely sure. I believe it is different for each schoolCorrect me if I’m wrong but, all of the interview invites for a certain date are sent out at the same time, right?
Welp, now just hoping that they’ll be doing a January session again :/I am not entirely sure. I believe it is different for each school
aspiringtoothartist
Full Member
From what I understood they will be. Don't lose hope!Welp, now just hoping that they’ll be doing a January session again :/
My interview is the 24th of October, so still plenty of time for predecember.Welp, now just hoping that they’ll be doing a January session again :/
aspiringtoothartist
Full Member
So they’re having two October interviews this year? I thought it was the first Saturday of every month (sept, oct, nov, jan)! That’s awesome, congratulations and best of luck to you!!My interview is the 24th of October, so still plenty of time for predecember.
Same! I am a VA resident as well.Just got an interview yesterday for the 24th virtual. VA resident
Congrats!!!Same! I am a VA resident as well.
knbrad12
Full Member
Interview #5
School: UNC
Notification date: 10/16/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 08/06 (took DAT 07/24 but it took them that long to verify scores)
GPA (overall, science): 3.59 / 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/24/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual
Guys I feel like my stats are sooo low to be getting an interview with UNC, but I'm super excited!! My LOR was from a dentist who went there, so maybe that helped, but I'm stoked!
School: UNC
Notification date: 10/16/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 08/06 (took DAT 07/24 but it took them that long to verify scores)
GPA (overall, science): 3.59 / 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/24/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual
Guys I feel like my stats are sooo low to be getting an interview with UNC, but I'm super excited!! My LOR was from a dentist who went there, so maybe that helped, but I'm stoked!
toothache200
Full Member
So on their website it says the only interview dates will be September, October, and November, but on the app where it has the description, questions, and prerequisites it lists January as well. Which do we think is right? I’ve already gotten an interview, just hoping my friend who hasn’t heard anything has a chance!!!
So on their website it says the only interview dates will be September, October, and November, but on the app where it has the description, questions, and prerequisites it lists January as well. Which do we think is right? I’ve already gotten an interview, just hoping my friend who hasn’t heard anything has a chance!!!
Definitely January too. Not all spots are going to be filled by December, so they're probs going to hold a Jan interview.
knbrad12
Full Member
Just got an interview yesterday for the 24th virtual. VA resident
First off, congrats on your interview. Secondly, you have a spongebob quote in your signature and I like you already. Hahaha! See you on interview day! 🙂
Haha yes!! I instantly become friends with anyone who gets my Spongebob referencesFirst off, congrats on your interview. Secondly, you have a spongebob quote in your signature and I like you already. Hahaha! See you on interview day! 🙂
Good luck to everyone interviewing on Saturday, y'all got this!

Ivanna B Adentist
Full Member
For those that interviewed today, did they mention if there would be another pre-December interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
don't quote me but wouldn't there probably be a November one? Idk just a guess based on previous yearsFor those that interviewed today, did they mention if there would be another pre-December interview?
Hey! How did you study for the DAT? Congrats on your score btw.Thanks! I'll send you a private message!
Honestly on the same boat as you, I was waitlisted last year and haven’t heard anything yet, despite only adding good things to my app. My guess is that this year’s candidates are that much better, which is fine, and awesome for them! But it is disappointing, hopefully an invite for November or January is in our future though!! Stay strong!Hi guys! I hope everyone is doing well!! I have a quick question. Last year, I applied to unc and interviewed yet was waitlisted (I was actually one of the few people who was sent an acceptance on accident and then it was revoked ha ha). My father is a dentist who went to unc, and after being accepted I met with unc in person and followed all their advice for this cycle. Yet I have heard nothing. I am sooo excited and proud of you all who have received interviews!! It’s an amazing accomplishment- congratulations!!! But- I have received 4 interviews thus far and nothing from unc. Why could this be? I was just waitlisted? I followed all their advice.... feel free to be brutal, I am just confused!
toothache200
Full Member
Does anyone know if unc makes you find your own patients?
Honestly on the same boat as you, I was waitlisted last year and haven’t heard anything yet, despite only adding good things to my app. My guess is that this year’s candidates are that much better, which is fine, and awesome for them! But it is disappointing, hopefully an invite for November or January is in our future though!! Stay strong!
I think it's feasible the applicants are more competitive (as they do seem to get more so every year), but it may also just be the nature of this cycle. Everything seems to be thrown off the traditional timeline. I got an unc interview, yet, I haven't heard from any of my backup schools (traditionally easy ones to get into) which doesn't make sense (there's a lot of things that don't make sense this cycle haha). I can't promise that everything will work out going to unc because it's really is tough, but, don't lose hope because there's still time. And ultimately if it's about becoming a dentist to serve others, even if you don't get into the ideal school, getting into any school is an accomplishment and will make you a dentist.. so hopefully that's a little encouraging? Everything will be just fine 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 101
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K