UNC ASOD Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they will do another interview date in January after the one on the 9th? I interviewed there last year and was waitlisted last cycle too, but I have not heard anything this year. Congrats to everyone on their acceptances today!
 
Does anyone know if they will do another interview date in January after the one on the 9th? I interviewed there last year and was waitlisted last cycle too, but I have not heard anything this year. Congrats to everyone on their acceptances today!
I'm not an official source but I doubt it.
 
Has anyone who didn’t receive a phone call on Tuesday heard anything? Last year they sent me an email the following day saying I was still being considered
 
Did anyone else who wasn't offered a spot on Dec 15 just get the email from Carolyn Oakes? I was never formally put on the waitlist but that email made it sound like I was. I guess they are re-evaluating after the January interview date.
 
Did anyone else who wasn't offered a spot on Dec 15 just get the email from Carolyn Oakes? I was never formally put on the waitlist but that email made it sound like I was. I guess they are re-evaluating after the January interview date.
No, I think you still have a fair shot at an acceptance after the final January interview and then they will officially put you on the waitlist if you don’t get an acceptance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I think you still have a fair shot at an acceptance after the final January interview and then they will officially put you on the waitlist if you don’t get an acceptance.
Are you sure? I was under the assumption that they filled most of the class and now we're seeing if we make the waitlist or not.
 
What did the email say exactly? Last year they sent an email that told ppl they were still being considered and that they would reconvene in January to fill the rest of the class
Email says that following the January interview the committee will meet to finalize the class and that all candidates will be evaluated. There is also a mention that their waitlist, which they mention is unranked, will also be discussed then. The email is a little unclear whether they have a waitlist or if one will be created after the committee meets. One thing that is clear is that everyone who has interviewed will still be considered.
 
Email says that following the January interview the committee will meet to finalize the class and that all candidates will be evaluated. There is also a mention that their waitlist, which they mention is unranked, will also be discussed then. The email is a little unclear whether they have a waitlist or if one will be created after the committee meets. One thing that is clear is that everyone who has interviewed will still be considered.
What I got from the email was that the waitlist hasn’t been created yet but will be once the January interview is over.
 
What I got from the email was that the waitlist hasn’t been created yet but will be once the January interview is over.
Ya that’s what I also thought. So technically they haven’t made the waitlist yet but if you don’t get an acceptance in January then your on the waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I did and then I haven't heard anything from them at all. No interview, rejection, etc. Just feels weird since I was waitlisted there last year
Man that sucks, I would email them just to make sure they got all the components of your app, b/c sometimes schools somehow don’t get supplemental or evals for whatever reasons and they may not say anything. And sadly I’m speaking from experience, though everything worked out fine in the end