UNC ASOD Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

UNC announced they will be having virtual interviews if that wasn’t already known to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please share what's on the supplementary application? And wondering how long did you write for the question of "Please describe your interest in choosing University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Adams School of Dentistry for your dental education" on AADSAS?

You probably have received it by now but, anyways.. A few of these you have choices on. I spent a very long time, several weeks, with probably several hundred hours of work lol probably a little overkill

We all have unique values, aspiration, and a sense of purpose that define who we are and how we live. What is your personal mission? Describe how your personal mission and professional goals align.

Accessing dental care, for a variety of reasons, is a challenge for many Americans. In your opinion, what role should dentists play in addressing this issue?

Describe a time when you have faced conflict. How did you work to resolve it?

Describe a time when you experienced failure. How did this change you?

Comment on your ability to work with a team, both as a leader and as a productive team member.

The dental patient population is becoming more diverse with time. Share your experiences working with diverse groups of people.

Communication is key in modern healthcare. Share your skill set, experiences, and strengths/weaknesses in communication. This may include experiences in expository writing, public speaking, drama/acting, debate, etc.

Comment on your college course performance.

Comment on your DAT performance:

What have you done to explore dentistry as a career?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else experiencing problems on the AADSAS website?
I tried to go to the website and it google chrome states "Your connection is not private" and attackers may be attempting to use this website.
I have tried both on my laptop with WiFi and on my phone when I am disconnected from WiFi.

Is anyone else experiencing problems on the AADSAS website?
I tried to go to the website and it google chrome states "Your connection is not private" and attackers may be attempting to use this website.
I have tried both on my laptop with WiFi and on my phone when I am disconnected from WiFi.
I can't access the app either

You probably have received it by now but, anyways.. A few of these you have choices on. I spent a very long time, several weeks, with probably several hundred hours of work lol probably a little overkill

We all have unique values, aspiration, and a sense of purpose that define who we are and how we live. What is your personal mission? Describe how your personal mission and professional goals align.

Accessing dental care, for a variety of reasons, is a challenge for many Americans. In your opinion, what role should dentists play in addressing this issue?

Comment on your ability to work with a team, both as a leader and as a productive team member.

The dental patient population is becoming more diverse with time. Share your experiences working with diverse groups of people.

Communication is key in modern healthcare. Share your skill set, experiences, and strengths/weaknesses in communication. This may include experiences in expository writing, public speaking, drama/acting, debate, etc.

What was the character/word limit for these?

What was the character/word limit for these?
I'm pretty sure it was 250 words for all but the last one. There may have been another that didn't have a word cap too, but I can't remember for sure.

Is anybody's application status on AADSAS still showing "none" even after submitting all materials?
Yeah, and I submitted over two weeks ago. I emailed them so if they get back I'll let you know what they say.

Reactions: 1 user
I checked today, and they've updated my status!
Yeah, same here! Yesterday it changed to "under review". Unfortunately, if it's like the other schools it's hardly an indication of how long it will be before they decide. Some of mine have been under review for a month, some still haven't changed.. all the timing of this seems pretty unpredictable.

I submitted my app back in June and it changed to "Under Review" and then back to "application complete" and hasn't changed since. Kind of strange no one has heard anything from UNC yet, but I'm an undergrad there right now and the administration for the school in general is kind of reeling right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 4.0 GPS with 25 AA, 23 TS, and 30 PAT and still no invite. I hope I can get an interview (I am OOS)

Did anyone's status go from "Under Review" then back to "Application Complete/Received?"

Also - this waiting game is tough since historically UNC has sent interview invites in early/mid august!

Did anyone's status go from "Under Review" then back to "Application Complete/Received?"

Also - this waiting game is tough since historically UNC has sent interview invites in early/mid august!
Mine did a few weeks back and has stayed at application complete/received since!

Yep, received it already. Thank you so much for sharing the prompts and best wishes to you!

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your AADSAS/Secondary application? Thanks!
I submitted my AADSAS application on the 16th of June the second it opened lol and then the secondary on June 22nd!

Interview #2
School:
UNC
Notification date: 9/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: North Carolina
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Application complete date: 7/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/20/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/19
Method of interview: Virtual

OOS interview to UNC!!! Literally screamed of surprise :arghh::arghh::arghh::eek::D So excited!!

Interview #2
School:
UNC
Notification date: 9/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: North Carolina
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Application complete date: 7/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/20/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/19
Method of interview: Virtual

Congrats! If you don't mind sharing, how did you study for your DAT?

Has anyone received a confirmation email after signing up for their interview date via the google form?

Kinda paranoid that they didn't get the google form response...?!! Just being worried for no reason probably

If you visit the link again it should say this:

2DF70BE6-9E3B-4581-A505-0AAE2830FA6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For those interviewing this saturday, have you received the zoom links yet?

Just got my interview slot/confirmation email

Is every other oos nervous???

I'm sure you'll all do great! Just be yourself; UNC is a very friendly place in general, and the dean is a very nice and cool guy. All the staff I've met are super nice. Good luck to all of you!

Don’t know what to do with myself right now, I feel like I’m all interview prepped-out.
Went on a two-hour bike ride to blow off steam, feeling amped and ready to take this interview on already!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sure you'll all do great! Just be yourself; UNC is a very friendly place in general, and the dean is a very nice and cool guy. All the staff I've met are super nice. Good luck to all of you!

I second this (I'm from NC)! A lot of people say that certain dental schools have a warm environment but this is seriously the case for UNC, everyone is so welcoming and makes you feel like you belong there :) Good luck to all of you interviewing tomorrow!

Reactions: 5 users