UNC ASOD Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: UNC ASOD Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.51
DAT: 21.8AA, 21.4TS, 21.9PAT
Applied: 1,211
OOS: 872 Applied, 94 Interviewed, 42 Accepted
IS: 305 Applied, 153 Interviewed, 73 Accepted
International: 35 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 82
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.59
DAT: 22.5AA, 22.0TS, 21.5PAT
Applied: 1,382
OOS: 1,064 Applied, 46 Accepted
IS: 274 Applied, 70 Accepted
International: 44 Applied, 2 Accepted
# Enrolled: 82
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.97-4.00
Overall: 3.17-3.99

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I reached out to UNC 2 weeks ago and they said they would send out their supplemental app by the end of the month. I still haven't received it, has anyone else? Also, when do you think it would be appropriate to reach out again to ask? since I've already emailed once I don't want to be too annoying.

I reached out to UNC 2 weeks ago and they said they would send out their supplemental app by the end of the month. I still haven't received it, has anyone else? Also, when do you think it would be appropriate to reach out again to ask? since I've already emailed once I don't want to be too annoying.
Admissions can be weird with timing. Was told by some schools interviews would be sent in July/early august and didn’t get sent until September. So just gotta be patient, what they say isn’t always held firm. I’d wait another week and then follow up, given it was a holiday weekend at the end of June it’s fair to assume that admissions was on a brief hiatus

How are people answering the question at the end of the supplemental information section. It asks what other schools you are applying to and just says “specifics”. What does this mean?

I listed all of the schools by name. If they wanted to, they can access what schools you applied to. I think it's best to stay transparent, especially since it says "specifics."

Reactions: 1 users
Like you didn't include the schools? You just said you applied in the northeast, west coast, ect?
No. I just listed regions. I'm not particularly concerned about what other people list. Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, when schools asked, unless explicitly stated it I didn’t give specifics. I thought it was a disadvantage of my application to tell schools and it sorta sucks for them asking that bc I feel it puts you in a tough situation

How are people answering the question at the end of the supplemental information section. It asks what other schools you are applying to and just says “specifics”. What does this mean?
I listed the schools that I applied to

Members don't see this ad :)
I listed all of the schools by name. If they wanted to, they can access what schools you applied to. I think it's best to stay transparent, especially since it says "specifics."
how can they access what schools you applied to?? I am planning on listing them all but I am just curious.

how can they access what schools you applied to?? I am planning on listing them all but I am just curious.
Before this cycle opened, I met with an admissions committee member at two state schools. I was specifically told that they don't have access to that information.

For those of you who have submitted the supplemental app, does your AADSAS still say "None"?

I received an email with invitation to interview today around 3 PM - OOS. I have another interview conflict with the weekend they gave me, so I am in the process of trying to reschedule.

Last edited:
I received an email with invitation to interview today around 3 PM - OOS. I have another interview conflict with weekend they gave me, so I am in the process of trying to reschedule.
vcu conflict?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email with invitation to interview today around 3 PM - OOS. I have another interview conflict with weekend they gave me, so I am in the process of trying to reschedule.

congrats!! did you ever get an app complete email from them?

Interview
Notification date:
8/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.79; Overall: 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 23 TS, 23 PAT, 30RC, No
Method of interview: in person

you don't get an app complete email, after the supplemental you just gotta wait until the end of each month from Aug-Nov for an invite (last interview month is Jan for UNC usually).

Also for those trying to track/guess when they may hear back for an invite or are sad they didn't get one yet, don't lose hope! Doesn't matter when you submit, you could submit in June and get an invite in November, or submit in September and get an invite October. Just be patient and stay hopeful! It's not over until the 2nd round of acceptances in Feb, and even then you could hear back in March/April as waitlists move about.
So they generally release interview invites at the end of the month?

Congrats to y'all! Just want to triple-check, is it safe to assume UNC sends their batch of invites all at the same time then? Or is it lingering throughout the rest of the day?

when y’all filled out the survey for the interview did you get a confirmation email?

For those coming to the pizza party, are you wearing business casual? Also, are you bringing your family with you?

For those coming to the pizza party, are you wearing business casual? Also, are you bringing your family with you?

they said to dress comfortably so i’m wearing casual! and probably

Hi, I submitted my application in early august, and I have not received anything yet other than the supplemental application. Has anyone received an interview invitation who applied around the same timeframe? Do they send rejection letters? I am very concerned.

Hi, I submitted my application in early august, and I have not received anything yet other than the supplemental application. Has anyone received an interview invitation who applied around the same timeframe? Do they send rejection letters? I am very concerned.
I also applied around the same time frame, and have not heard anything. However, they historically have sent interview invites in late October and then early the next year. I don't think you should be very concerned, just patient and accept the process

Hi pre-dents, has anyone received any rejections or updates? I applied in August, and have not received an interview.

When is the right time to send a letter of interest if you haven't recieved an interview?