UNC ASOD Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

at the Jan 6 interview, they apparently told applicants that the next round of acceptances would be all/majority of people from that interview day, to give them all a fair shot of being considered. Anyone have any insight into that still being the case?
all would be kinda ridiculous

Members don't see this ad.

You know what. It is what it is at this point. Us stressing tf out of ourselves is not gonna change the decision that they’ve already made

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What? Seriously? That’s new! Cause we weren’t told anything like that last year. I had a post Dec interview last cycle
I have no idea. Not saying it’s true, i was asking for insight. Just what I heard from some people who interviewed then but it was probably misinterpreted by them. Wasn’t trying to stress anyone out sorry 😓

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You know what. It is what it is at this point. Us stressing tf out of ourselves is not gonna change the decision that they’ve already made
So true. I haven’t had much new insight and so this is my first comment in here but I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for all the work you’ve done to help us figure out what’s going on. I’m wishing everyone the absolute best of luck, we’ve all worked so hard, and if anyone gets a call please let us know!

Reactions: 6 users
I emailed Laura (Admission's office) yesterday and that's what she replied:
"No one has received phone calls yet. We are a bit behind schedule, but candidates who we are extending acceptances to should hear from us by the end of next week, I have been told."
So, I guess there should be another week of waiting ahead!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I emailed Laura (Admission's office) yesterday and that's what she replied:
"No one has received phone calls yet. We are a bit behind schedule, but candidates who we are extending acceptances to should hear from us by the end of next week, I have been told."
So, I guess there should be another week of waiting ahead!
Thanks for following up!

Do y’all think the letters of intent and updates matter / are read?
I think they mainly only wanted to see who was still considering the school as an option/who would enroll if they get in so they can just fill their class more efficiently than sending offers to people who already decided to attend somewhere else. Updates could matter some I guess but I doubt they matter much, I don't know for sure though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just curious to know if anyone that interviewed pre December got accepted because everyone I saw that got accepted interviewed in Jan

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder why they had us write a continued letter of interest if they said they were only considering Jan interviewees

They told us that only around half the seats had been filled in Jan. Hard to believe that only 2 out of the 30+ acceptances left are on SDN. Ig maybe it’s just not as popular as it used to be.

I wonder why they had us write a continued letter of interest if they said they were only considering Jan interviewees
they are trying to clean up the waitlist so that they can get answers quicker as the cycle moves on

i don't think you can take what someone thinks they heard at an interview as gospel

They told us that only around half the seats had been filled in Jan. Hard to believe that only 2 out of the 30+ acceptances left are on SDN. Ig maybe it’s just not as popular as it used to be.
yes, participation on sdn has dropped over the years...

I feel like they’re done I want to stay hopeful! Will try to stay hopeful until 6!

I feel like they’re done I want to stay hopeful! Will try to stay hopeful until 6!
I was reading past years messages and someone said they call while running their practice so there are commonly calls after 5 according to them.

Got accepted this morning at 9am! Interviewed in Jan

Congrats guys! So happy for you

Reactions: 1 users
Well, probably safe to say that’s it for today. Better luck next year I suppose ☹️

Do you guys think they’ll keep calling thru the end of the week or that they’re done?…

I would assume they are done unfortunately, they have always just done it on one day haven’t they?
Not sure. I mean, they’ve also never delayed sending out acceptances by multiple weeks…. I think anything is fair game at this point haha. Also something weird, I know numerous people who were previously interviewed and waitlisted in prior cycle(s) and find it odd that not a single one of them received a call today. Just my personal thoughts/questions 🤷🏻

Do you guys know who we reach out to for feedback on our application?

At this point no one will hear anything, unless someone turns down an acceptance

Mine also changed to invited to interview what the heck 😂
I interviewed in November, and my status got changed to "invited to interview" after a month, and still it is "invited for interview.