UNC ASOD Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I emailed Laura (Admission's office) yesterday and that's what she replied:
"No one has received phone calls yet. We are a bit behind schedule, but candidates who we are extending acceptances to should hear from us by the end of next week, I have been told."
So, I guess there should be another week of waiting ahead!
 
Last edited:
I emailed Laura (Admission's office) yesterday and that's what she replied:
"No one has received phone calls yet. We are a bit behind schedule, but candidates who we are extending acceptances to should hear from us by the end of next week, I have been told."
So, I guess there should be another week of waiting ahead!
Thanks for following up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y’all think the letters of intent and updates matter / are read?
I think they mainly only wanted to see who was still considering the school as an option/who would enroll if they get in so they can just fill their class more efficiently than sending offers to people who already decided to attend somewhere else. Updates could matter some I guess but I doubt they matter much, I don't know for sure though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They told us that only around half the seats had been filled in Jan. Hard to believe that only 2 out of the 30+ acceptances left are on SDN. Ig maybe it’s just not as popular as it used to be.
 
I wonder why they had us write a continued letter of interest if they said they were only considering Jan interviewees
they are trying to clean up the waitlist so that they can get answers quicker as the cycle moves on

i don't think you can take what someone thinks they heard at an interview as gospel
 
They told us that only around half the seats had been filled in Jan. Hard to believe that only 2 out of the 30+ acceptances left are on SDN. Ig maybe it’s just not as popular as it used to be.
yes, participation on sdn has dropped over the years...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would assume they are done unfortunately, they have always just done it on one day haven’t they?
Not sure. I mean, they’ve also never delayed sending out acceptances by multiple weeks…. I think anything is fair game at this point haha. Also something weird, I know numerous people who were previously interviewed and waitlisted in prior cycle(s) and find it odd that not a single one of them received a call today. Just my personal thoughts/questions 🤷🏻
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know this for a fact or is it an assumption?
I emailed my interviewer and he said I should set up a meeting with him or reside to go over my application. So given that he didn’t say “oh don’t worry the second half of the second wave isn’t out yet” I figure it all went out on the same day as usual
 
I know the process is difficult and not hearing back is heartbreaking. This was my third attempt applying and I finally got in this time. So please don’t loose hope and please don’t get discouraged if you didn’t hear anything back. Been there done that and one thing I can say for certain is that your time will come for sure. Let me be living proof of that. Keep working hard and become the candidate that they just can’t say no to.