This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tam Pham

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm currently an undergrad (going into 3rd year) at Temple University, PA. I don't know if this matter has been discussed or not but I have a HUGE concern on my undergrad science grades and GPA (see attachment). I know it doesn't look really good but should I retake Biology 1 and Physic 2 before applying to Temple Kornberg Dental School? It is so competitive now that the average GPA of that school is ~3.52. I don't know if I would stand a single chance. Please give me advice on this matter. Thank you so much!
Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 1.48.10 AM.png

Members don't see this ad.

At this rate you're going to need a post-bac/SMP before you apply if things don't change.

Reactions: 1 user
What program is that? Looks neat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering what website you did this on? I am trying to put my cumulative gpa together too! Thanks and best of luck

You can always use Google to find a "gpa calculator".

You can always use Google to find a "gpa calculator".

I did, the results didn't have ones as neat as this one lol.

Also what is this "Google" you are talking about.

As you implied, your sGPA is nowhere near competitive. Post-bacc may work more in your favor since SMPs don't affect undergrad GPA. Adcoms will see your numbers either way. This being said, work on bringing up your GPA and strengthening your application as a whole (clinical/non-clinical work, letters of rec, shadowing, etc.), and you should be fine for a good number of schools. Best of luck to you!

You can use this spread sheet that I created that keeps a running total of all of your GPA's, including Science and BCP. Just fill in the colored columns and the rest will automatically calculate. You must put an S in for a Science class in the appropriate column and BCP in the first column, if it relates to the class.

Attachments

• GPA Calculator.xls
    93 KB · Views: 61
I have a dumb question, what does SMP stand for?

special masters program geared towards medical/dental students wanting to improve their stats.