This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

learnerforlife!

WCUCOM ‘26
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have no prior research experience. I am currently a sophomore majoring in Biology. I am so glad to have the opportunity to have an interview with with a hematologist, oncologist physician and researcher.

I am really worried about the interview (I tend to get anxious and concerned). I like to prepare for the interview beforehand so I am confident with what I can possibly say (or at least have a guideline).

My question is, what are possible questions my PI can ask me? I know he might ask me tell me about yourself or why do you want to do undergraduate clinical research. However, I am sure there are more questions that he may ask.

I really appreciate your feedback, advice, and help! Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Generally the most important ones are why are you interested in [insert science here], why are you interested in research, and what about my research interests you.

Reactions: 1 user
Should have answers to:

1. Why this lab over any other?
2. Why do you think you'd fit?
3. Why you over someone else?

Reactions: 1 users
Go look up the PI pervious pubs and have an idea what his lab does. Be able to intelligently explain why that subject interests you

Beyond that, just be ready to work. The response that got me all my premed jobs was "Im happy make coffee, shine shoes, or do Whatever else you need. Just happy to be involved"