Uni of colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krishna99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys!!
I want to know about uni of colorado, I got acceptace at BU...
but I have applied to colorado before I got acceptance at BU, so do I need to focus for the upcoming interview at colorado?
I want to know that which dental school is good
plz put yr input and help me
thanx in advance

Members don't see this ad.

BU class starts this year,2010.

Univ of Colorado, if you get accepted this year, will start program in 2011.

As far as i know, Boston U tuition is the cheaper than Univ of Colorado and what's good about the state is that there's some kind of financial aid (on top of anything else) given if you are enrolled in a school that's in Massachusetts and it's only applicable there.You can research on that further..

Univ of Colorado is also cheaper compared to other universities except BU; it's a "state of the art" school and if you have time to spare and if you think you are certain that you're gonna get in, then....

good luck!

thanx for yr reply , can you tell me something about the financial aid you mentioned
who is eligible for that? For that do we need to be permanent residents or citizen?
plz if you have some idea let me know
thanx once again

BU class starts this year,2010.

Univ of Colorado, if you get accepted this year, will start program in 2011.

As far as i know, Boston U tuition is the cheaper than Univ of Colorado and what's good about the state is that there's some kind of financial aid (on top of anything else) given if you are enrolled in a school that's in Massachusetts and it's only applicable there.You can research on that further..

Univ of Colorado is also cheaper compared to other universities except BU; it's a "state of the art" school and if you have time to spare and if you think you are certain that you're gonna get in, then....

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi krishna99,
If you want to start at BU then the session will start in August 2010 and in University of Colorado the session will start in First week of January 2011. University of Colorado is cheaper than BU and have lot more patients and has state of the art facility.
Rest all depends upon your choice but if you haven't heard anything from University of Colorado so far then I would say go with BU because you have already been accepted there or atleast pay the deposit and if later on you get accepeted at University of Colorado then you can decied which school you want to get in. Good luck.
hi guys!!
I want to know about uni of colorado, I got acceptace at BU...
but I have applied to colorado before I got acceptance at BU, so do I need to focus for the upcoming interview at colorado?
I want to know that which dental school is good
plz put yr input and help me
thanx in advance

hi krishna99,
If you want to start at BU then the session will start in August 2010 and in University of Colorado the session will start in First week of January 2011. University of Colorado is cheaper than BU and have lot more patients and has state of the art facility.
Rest all depends upon your choice but if you haven't heard anything from University of Colorado so far then I would say go with BU because you have already been accepted there or atleast pay the deposit and if later on you get accepeted at University of Colorado then you can decied which school you want to get in. Good luck.

thanx for ur advice , I was thinking that if I go to BU it will save 6 months
even if I want to go to colorado then I have to wait till june , to confirm wether I got acceptance from there or not and by the time I have to plan to pay the tution fees in BU
that means I have to decide where I want to go

thanx buddy!!!!

hi how many spots does university of colorado have??
have they started sending i/v

I too want to know.. when do Colorado starts sending iv calls..

I too want to know.. when do Colorado starts sending iv calls..
Last year they sent us interview invitations in April and the first batch of interview was May,02. They accepted 36 candidates last year.

But wy they r ignoring so much, i applied in august, have called/ emailed them to know if my application is complete, but they don't care to reply. If anybody in same situation?

But wy they r ignoring so much, i applied in august, have called/ emailed them to know if my application is complete, but they don't care to reply. If anybody in same situation?

Same here. I have called again and again with no reply.

One lady does ALL the processing hence the hold up.

Anyone who interviewed in colorado dental school can please tell whether they will have our previous year application during the time of interview.
reason I am asking this is because my sop was different last year and iam reapplicant.
please reply soon.
thanks a lot

I have a quest regarding colorado application. can we submit the toefl score like after 2nd of april (which is the dead line for application), as my results will reach my home address at that time only, i am taking my toefl test on 6th march and no dates r available before that in the area where i reside. so my quest is if my toefl score reachese the school around 5th of april, will they consider my application??? as on the web site " application received after 12th april can not be considered for class of 2010.
i hope i get some response. it will be highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
to the best of my knowledge they would not consider your application complete if it reaches after april 12..i would advice you to call up n ask or talk or inform n if you hear positive reply then mention in cover letter that you send with your application

guys there is one person in colorado who does all the processing work. their deadline is april. if ur application is complete they wil send u an application complete e mail.
last year they started calling for interviews about a week after the deadline. they had 3 batches of interviews with bench test and there were a total of around 150 candidates interviewed. They have 36 slots.

@rkd
i think your application has to be complete by april 1. so ur toefl scores also have to reach before that. u can always call and check with the admissions there they are the best people to help u out.

@vihakar
as long as u have updated ur application they wil consider ur fresh SOP and all other details. but i suggest u cross check with admissions and tel them that u are a reapplicant and want to clarify if ur new documents have reached and ask them if they have updated ur file. as far as i know once u update ur file they wil only consider ur new documents and not use the old ones.

Last year they sent us interview invitations in April and the first batch of interview was May,02. They accepted 36 candidates last year.
dear fren
it is written that Each component of the nbde1examination must be successfully passed in their website,how much is the passing mark for each subject,
plizz help

maiya,

it was according to old exam pattern...now individul subjects do not matter its just the total of your score n passing the exam

maiya,

it was according to old exam pattern...now individul subjects do not matter its just the total of your score n passing the exam

dear fren.,thanx a lot for clearing my doubt.all the best for your future
maiya

Hi Benny:

I sent my application 2 weeks ago. I know that my apllication arrived on February 10. But I haven't received any message from CO about whether if they got my package or not.
Did they reply to you about receiving your package? email? phone? mail?

Hi Teru,
I applied in august, after so many emails/calls to know if my application is complete, I still don't know anything about my application, same like u:(

Hi Benny:

I sent my application 2 weeks ago. I know that my apllication arrived on February 10. But I haven't received any message from CO about whether if they got my package or not.
Did they reply to you about receiving your package? email? phone? mail?

hi all. i wana apply too, but my toefl score is 92 and their requiremnt is 95. so i was just wondering if anyone can help me n guide me, wat should i do. their deadline is april 2nd, so it ll b hard for me to take toefl test again and get the score before 2nd april. wat should i do... plz guide me. thanks

@smile13

if their requirement is 95 then i guess it is mandatory for u to get that score for ur application to qualify. i have read a lot of posts of people who got less than the required scores and their application was considered, but i am not really sure of that.
i suggest you apply and retake the toefl exam and update ur score to them at the earliest and also notify them regarding the same.

But did they at least let you know if they got your application? I'm not talking whether is it complete or not, just if they got it.
Since I sent them money order, I don't know if they cashed the money either. :confused:

Hi Teru,
I applied in august, after so many emails/calls to know if my application is complete, I still don't know anything about my application, same like u:(

I don't know even that if they received my application.

But did they at least let you know if they got your application? I'm not talking whether is it complete or not, just if they got it.
Since I sent them money order, I don't know if they cashed the money either. :confused:

I don't know even that if they received my application.

Wow, and you sent your application in August ?? I think they should at least let us know that they got our application. :scared:
I guess I will keep trying in calling them.

I also sent my application in august or possibly september and i never heard anything back if my application was complete, until I FINALLY got someone on the phone. I forgot her name but she is in charge of taking care of everything in that department. She was quite rude, and i told her all i needed to know was if my application was complete. I don't even think she bothered to look because the moment i asked her she said "yes it is, i'll call you if anything if missing" and then she hung up on me. So i'm assuming if she doesn't get back to you then your application is complete. I hope that's the case!
Good luck to all of us!!

Yeah, same thing with me, she took the phone(her name is jane miller) and she said its busiest time of yr and if I ever emailed her? i said many times and by saying that she will call back if she has my application, but its been 12 days, no call, no response of email.

I also sent my application in august or possibly september and i never heard anything back if my application was complete, until I FINALLY got someone on the phone. I forgot her name but she is in charge of taking care of everything in that department. She was quite rude, and i told her all i needed to know was if my application was complete. I don't even think she bothered to look because the moment i asked her she said "yes it is, i'll call you if anything if missing" and then she hung up on me. So i'm assuming if she doesn't get back to you then your application is complete. I hope that's the case!
Good luck to all of us!!

Last edited:
i didn't receive any appli' completion confirmation.they don't even reply to yr general queries.but i think appli' completion confirmation is not important as long as u send e'thing they have asked for

i didn't receive any appli' completion confirmation.they don't even reply to yr general queries.but i think appli' completion confirmation is not important as long as u send e'thing they have asked for

Hi,
I wouldn't be so sure of that, because the concerned person misplaced my documents last year and she actually lost my recommendation letters. And she told me that very coolly when I happened to finally get her on the phone, which was almost last minute; and there was nothing I could do to send them again, as they were letters from dentists I had worked with in the US in two different places.
The school maybe good, but the response and the coordination of the school is the worst I have seen so far. The silly excuse is 'there is just one lady'. Why don't they have a helper at least in the peak application seasons???

hi i have 83 in part 1.....does anyone knw wat scores do uni of colo call for i/v's...

Can somebody please tell me if it is rolling admissions or not in Colorado University?Next month is the deadline and wondering if i should go ahead with it.

Can somebody please tell me if it is rolling admissions or not in Colorado University?Next month is the deadline and wondering if i should go ahead with it.

you can apply right now, there is no rolling admission, they look on all the applications received, after the deadline, so, all applications are considered equally regardless of the time they were received. Hopefully, interviews will starts in First or second week of May. Good luck everybody and be positive.

i applied to colorado about a month ago and i still have not received any kind of feed back from them.
no one seems to be replying to the emails and from reading this thread i don't think calling will help either ! what are we to do ?

Can somebody tell me what to write in the dental experince page, As my cv will not fit in that. Or we write the dental experience in that pageof form and send cv separately

Thanks

i applied to colorado about a month ago and i still have not received any kind of feed back from them.
no one seems to be replying to the emails and from reading this thread i don't think calling will help either ! what are we to do ?

anyone could you please suggest me with the application of Colorado.Should we send ECE, NBDE, TOEFL reports directly from the concerned organizations or can we send unopened official envelopes in the application packet directly from us???Which way is preferrable and which one you have chosen??

PLeaseeeeeeeee respond
Thanks in advance

anyone could you please suggest me with the application of Colorado.Should we send ECE, NBDE, TOEFL reports directly from the concerned organizations or can we send unopened official envelopes in the application packet directly from us???Which way is preferrable and which one you have chosen??

PLeaseeeeeeeee respond
Thanks in advance

Hi,
you can send unopened official documents in the application packet directly to the School. In fact it is better that way if you have all the concerned documents (from personal experience). I know some universities want it sent directly, but for CU, you can send them.

Hi,
How many menbers do the univ. of colorado accept every year?

thanks

What all is there in Bench test at colorado?

Do they give you any manual when they invite for interview stating that this and this is what you need to do with the details? (Like some CA schools do this)

What all is there in Bench test at colorado?

Do they give you any manual when they invite for interview stating that this and this is what you need to do with the details? (Like some CA schools do this)

From the previous posts this is what i understand that they give you a manual stating what needs to be done for the bench test when they invite you for interview.It seems like there will be a class II MO preparation and a full gold crown preparation and a wax exercise also.Think they give you three hours time.My understanding so far is that they provide you with instruments.You are free to carry your own instruments.Not too sure about the hand piece.
I tried calling tem today but coudlnt get thro'.Anyone else has better info...please help.

im calling uni of colo to knw the status of my application...and nobody is picking up the call...:confused:

Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know that today I received an email from Jane. She said that my application is under review and so far they don't need any other documents. I hope you also received a confirmation email. I sent my application on Feb 8.

I got under review too.

I got an iv invite from colorado today in the evening.