Uni of colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi!
i am trying to do crown cuttings and i've become an expert at this.Wow! at making sure that i nick the adjacent tooth and at making absolute crates on the intended tooth.Its like as if a meteor fell on it or something.Oh! God not to mention the holes that i drill on it.And...and the undercuts.Its like a window sill where i can put one small little wild flower to decorate and camoflage that undercut.In short,i am in bad shape.Well! Good night! everyone.Happy practicing!

Hey Twinklestar..

Even i am in the same boat... Dont know what to do... Anyways good luck with your practice...

Members don't see this ad.

hello,

if anybody want to talk about preparation about bench test and stay in colorado send me your contact detail if you are interested , it will be more convenient throug e-mail or phone. we can discuss about crown prep and class 2 prep.

Last edited:
Hey Twinklestar,

I finally got the magic call for the 8th of May. I am all tense and mudlled up now as to where to start. I have a question for everyone, which is:
Can we use a matrix band in between the teeth when we make a class 2 in order to prevent nicking the adjacent tooth?? I know some schools allow that, like UMDNJ, but does anyone have an idea if CU allows that????
Hi! Pandu,
yeah! sure they let you use a matrix band.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Twinklestar..

Even i am in the same boat... Dont know what to do... Anyways good luck with your practice...

Hi! Anky,
so hows practicing going on?I guess if we keep at it that should help.

Hey Twinklestar,

I finally got the magic call for the 8th of May. I am all tense and mudlled up now as to where to start. I have a question for everyone, which is:
Can we use a matrix band in between the teeth when we make a class 2 in order to prevent nicking the adjacent tooth?? I know some schools allow that, like UMDNJ, but does anyone have an idea if CU allows that????

Hey Pandu,

Congrats for the call!!! Can you please tell me when did you apply to CU...because I applied very early but still no response from them.....

Thanks in advance

i got i/v call for may 8th. i don't know where to start. somebody help me where to gt typodont teeth and how all of u r practicing for bench exam?

Last edited:
how do they let you know...do they actually give a phone call...or is it just an email

they email you about interview invite and I wanted to ask do we have to take out own matrix band and wedges or do they provide there.
thank you

Hey Pandu,

Congrats for the call!!! Can you please tell me when did you apply to CU...because I applied very early but still no response from them.....

Thanks in advance

Hi bdsgirl,
Thank you. I applied in September 2009 (probably mid-late September). I believe there will be one more round after the May 8th round. So, keep your fingers:xf:.

HI!

Is there any fees for the colorado bench exam? anyone having info plz share...

HI!

Is there any fees for the colorado bench exam? anyone having info plz share...

UC Denver is the State University, so it doesn't have any fee for the interview for sure. In addition I had a conversation with the program director of the ISP and she said that they are going to provide all necessary equipment and appliance at the bench test.
just relax and keep practicing.
good luck to all of us.:D:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys ...i need to read up on crown preps for gold and pfm crown...its been so long!..what material do i read and where do i get it..plz help im so confused with all of this!!!!!!!!!!!

hi guys ...i need to read up on crown preps for gold and pfm crown...its been so long!..what material do i read and where do i get it..plz help im so confused with all of this!!!!!!!!!!!

find a friend from any school and burrow books for operative and prostho..work become lot easier.

hey guys I was called for an i/v for the 1st of may but had to reschedule due to some personal reasons and the next date which was given to me was the 24th of may. I still havent got a snail mail from them but jane miller had emailed me back saying that 24th will suite me more. So people they are still giving out dates.

Can anybody shed some light on Duggans classes?Whether it is worth spending that kind of money or not? Did anybody who did his course get into CU?

Hi, any female out there willing to share accomodation for may 8th interview at colorado denver?...pm me

Hey any male wants to share accomodation for colorado for 1st may.

hey does any body know that whether dental loupes are allowed for the bench test??

hey does any body know that whether dental loupes are allowed for the bench test??

I think that as long as you want to use them you can; at least that's how it is at other universities. I am not sure about CU though.

they are using kilgore in Colorado!!

Hi everyone,

1) Has anyone from the 8th May batch got the examination packet which they said we would be getting by mail and e-mail?

2) Also does anyone have any idea about the actual interview on that day (other than the practical exam)?

3) Do they ask any clinical questions in the interview?

Kindly respond to these questions and please add anythingelse that may be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

1) Has anyone from the 8th May batch got the examination packet which they said we would be getting by mail and e-mail?

2) Also does anyone have any idea about the actual interview on that day (other than the practical exam)?

3) Do they ask any clinical questions in the interview?

Kindly respond to these questions and please add anythingelse that may be helpful.

Thanks.
you should be prepared for that as they know you are dentist...you should be expecting some...

R they still sending i/v calls? i don't know about my application status, nobody pick phone, should i ask by email? pls advice

you should be prepared for that as they know you are dentist...you should be expecting some...

Thank you,
that's the answer to my third question; what about the other questions?
And, let me tell you that though we are dentists and they know it too, not all schools are interested in asking you clinical questions in an interview; especially when the bench exam and interview are on the same day. So I wanted to know if someone had any prior experience with the interview.

Thank you,
And, let me tell you that though we are dentists and they know it too, not all schools are interested in asking you clinical questions in an interview; especially when the bench exam and interview are on the same day. So I wanted to know if someone had any prior experience with the interview.

UC Denver will not ask any clinical questions. just know everything about your SOP. They might ask some psychological questions. but mostly they want to know you. well, be relax. But i heared that bench test is very important for them, so be well prepared.
good luck to all of us.

UC Denver will not ask any clinical questions. just know everything about your SOP. They might ask some psychological questions. but mostly they want to know you. well, be relax. But i heared that bench test is very important for them, so be well prepared.
good luck to all of us.

Thank you very much Zaichik. That's what I wanted to know.

I got interview call for May 8th. Any female FTD interested to share accomodation and other expenses, please e mail me at [email protected]. Thank you.

Hey.. nebody got interview packet from them yet? They said tht they r goin to send some packet,,it has not reached me yet...I got an email for 1st of May interview on 1st of april,,I hope they didnt make me april fool...:laugh:

Thank you,

answer to your 2nd question:interview is for 30-45 min
there will be 2 batches one giving interview n other giving bench exam n after lunch they interchange.
regarding 3rd question:it really depends where n in which direction your interview goes...for clinical questions..! for instance, if you mention some where in your conversation complete denture..they can come up with questions like how is it done in your country,do you like doing them how many patients have you done...n like wise
so it depends on how you take your conversation, they will obviously not go into technical stuff like why this n why do you do that...

Hi!
i am trying to do crown cuttings and i've become an expert at this.Wow! at making sure that i nick the adjacent tooth and at making absolute crates on the intended tooth.Its like as if a meteor fell on it or something.Oh! God not to mention the holes that i drill on it.And...and the undercuts.Its like a window sill where i can put one small little wild flower to decorate and camoflage that undercut.In short,i am in bad shape.Well! Good night! everyone.Happy practicing!

dear fren,
I got magic call after a long wait,I don;t have any idea,about the bench test,plizz guide me where can I buy the instruments,
what to practice?
how to practice for iv?
Plizz help me
this is my first iv call and am really scared.
hope you will help me
maiya

answer to your 2nd question:interview is for 30-45 min
there will be 2 batches one giving interview n other giving bench exam n after lunch they interchange.
regarding 3rd question:it really depends where n in which direction your interview goes...for clinical questions..! for instance, if you mention some where in your conversation complete denture..they can come up with questions like how is it done in your country,do you like doing them how many patients have you done...n like wise
so it depends on how you take your conversation, they will obviously not go into technical stuff like why this n why do you do that...

Dear ansa,
First of all thanx for helping everybody answering questions.You are doing a great job.
I got magic call today for may 1st.
I have no idea about iv questions and bench test
hope you will help me
actually they send me mail on april 6th,but I didnot get it,my badluck
so they forwardedthat mail today and I confirmed date for may 1st as theu have called me on that day
I have very short time to prepare
plizz guide me howto start
I am really hopeful to get in to this college
hope Everything will be fine
waiting to hear from you soon
Regards
maiya

hello people,
i had posted this before but guess no one noticed it so posting this thread again, there are couple of more threads in this which will give you details abt the bench exam, it helped me a lot.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=615384

@maiya..
2 weeks is enough time just plan n get organized order for teeth n burs,if you have to, by the time you get it say by next week prepare for interview.n practice well for your cavity preps n crown preps over next whole week.
my two cents...no point in thinking abt what happened from this point utilize all the time you have..and you will be good to go.
good luck!

hey I would like to tell you that dental loupe are helpful to magnify the vision and see the perp clearly, I have used it
no uni will tell not to use, infact they encourage to use it, when I got int call from different uni they put special note at the bottom that you can bring yr own dental loupe for yr convinence

I hope this will help
all the best for yr interview

yes but when i ask other people they said if you have not used it before than do not try it because it takes lot of time to adjust your hand skills according to that vision and it is very limited time now so don know weather to take a risk or no..

And bythe way does anybody received the package from colorado??? when they are going to send that?

yup...dental loupe strained your eyes,,if u keep it on ur eyes for more time..ofcourse I use lense before I put them up...I would like to discuss the specificatn for class 2 and pfm and gold crown.

For class 2 :-1.5 mm pulpal depth
-1.5mm/2mm wide (I tried to make tht much wide but cavity looks very wide)
-0.5 clearance with adjacent tooth.
I have practised on columbia first so on killgore I feel tht contact points are placed too buccaly so my box extension becum towards buccal plus occlusogingival contact is very small and even my gingival seat donot come very well as was in columbia teeth.

About gold crown :- 1 mm reduction over all
1mm on non functional cusp and 1.5 to functional cusp.

About pfm :- 1mm on lingual side and 1.5-2 on buccal side.
2mm on buccal cusp and 1.5mm on lingual side.

I get a transition line on my axial wall prep when i go from buccal side to lingual side due to variation in my reduction on buccal and lingual side..please correct me if I am doin smthin wrong and your feedbacks are impotant.

yup...dental loupe strained your eyes,,if u keep it on ur eyes for more time..ofcourse I use lense before I put them up...I would like to discuss the specificatn for class 2 and pfm and gold crown.

I have practised on columbia first so on killgore I feel tht contact points are placed too buccaly so my box extension becum towards buccal plus occlusogingival contact is very small and even my gingival seat donot come very well as was in columbia teeth.

I get a transition line on my axial wall prep when i go from buccal side to lingual side due to variation in my reduction on buccal and lingual side..please correct me if I am doin smthin wrong and your feedbacks are impotant.[/QUO]

I'm practising on columbia dentoform[as i don't have the kilgore one].so do u think there is much of a difference in terms of hardness etc [except for the other things that u just mentioned]
for class 2 they have also specified the axial wall ht. to be 1.5mm.This sounds strange because this will depend upon the contact area and the required clearance that one is seeking.Like u said kilgore teeth have shallow contacts may be 1.5mm axial wall ht. can be achieved easily.Please pin point any other differences that u might have noticed betwen kilgore n columbia teeth.

I get a transition line on my axial wall prep when i go from buccal side to lingual side due to variation in my reduction on buccal and lingual side..please correct me if I am doin smthin wrong and your feedbacks are impotant.

hey
you are doing good...you will get transition line in PFM thats perfect n kilgore has contacts more buccally placed, so you will have to extend little more to break the contact.

Got a call for May 8th. but I am ditching it.
So somebody is going to get my spot.

hey
you are doing good...you will get transition line in PFM thats perfect n kilgore has contacts more buccally placed, so you will have to extend little more to break the contact.

Thanks for ur comment....plus as written above..1.5mm axial height is difficult to get in killgore teeth as contact point is placed very occlusal so after gettin a pulpal depth of 1.5,,to put gingival seat below by 1.5mm is difficult...wht u guys wud suggest?

I get a transition line on my axial wall prep when i go from buccal side to lingual side due to variation in my reduction on buccal and lingual side..please correct me if I am doin smthin wrong and your feedbacks are impotant.[/QUO]

I'm practising on columbia dentoform[as i don't have the kilgore one].so do u think there is much of a difference in terms of hardness etc [except for the other things that u just mentioned]
for class 2 they have also specified the axial wall ht. to be 1.5mm.This sounds strange because this will depend upon the contact area and the required clearance that one is seeking.Like u said kilgore teeth have shallow contacts may be 1.5mm axial wall ht. can be achieved easily.Please pin point any other differences that u might have noticed betwen kilgore n columbia teeth.
I found killgore more brittle than columbia,,so if u r not well controlled with ur hand instrument,,u might break or nick the gingival seat so be extra cautious while using ur hand instrument.

hello people,
i had posted this before but guess no one noticed it so posting this thread again, there are couple of more threads in this which will give you details abt the bench exam, it helped me a lot.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=615384

@maiya..
2 weeks is enough time just plan n get organized order for teeth n burs,if you have to, by the time you get it say by next week prepare for interview.n practice well for your cavity preps n crown preps over next whole week.
my two cents...no point in thinking abt what happened from this point utilize all the time you have..and you will be good to go.
good luck!

dear fren
thanx for answering my questions.I will try my best in remaining days.hope I will make it
thanx a lot
maiya

as they have written in the email that they will provide electrical handpieces in the bench test so i want to ask how different are they from the regular 4-hole high speed handpiece,
any input will be greatly appreciated.
sis

I found killgore more brittle than columbia,,so if u r not well controlled with ur hand instrument,,u might break or nick the gingival seat so be extra cautious while using ur hand instrument.
i totally agree with you, we have to be extra cautious while using hand instruments as well as while preparing gingival seat. i end up clearing more than 0.5 mm clearance specially lingually.
how much should be the width of gingival seat for the molar.is it 1.4 or 1.5 which is quite difficult to achieve?

Hi
I got acceptance at nyu. I also got interview call from colorado.
can anyone suggest wat to do. Which univ. is good.
will the tuition fee be refundable from nyu coz deadline is in early may.
please help me

hi
if i were to b in ur position , i will go with nyu even though its expensive and its for 3 yrs ,jus my opinoin

Hi All,

What is the dress code for the interview and can we take our instruments for the practical exmas ?

Thanks

Hey..Just wanted to know (not hoping the same for anyone though) has anyone received any rejection/denial calls..saying the application is declined or so..
Yet good luck to all those (including me) awaiting their magic calls :)