Uni of colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an iv invite from colorado today in the evening.
Hey congrats ONS

Can u tell me what date you have got the interview?

And also did you get formail mail package or just informal e-mail confirmation?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

How r u guys preparing for the interview and especially bench test?

Please do share your thoughts..

Hey guys,
can you help clarify my doubt!
i thought Colorado university do not have rolling admissions and they do not start the interviews until the deadline.The deadline is April 2nd.It says in their website that they will only start giving out interviews after the deadline. The following is from their application instruction

"All application, required documents and fee must be received by or post marked by April 2, 2010. Any documents post marked after this date will not be considered as part of the application. Once application is received, an email confirmation stating the status of the application will be sent out. Please note that admission process is not on a rolling-basis, therefore, applicants will receive notice of decision after the proposed deadline."

Please reply

Members don't see this ad :)
i got it on 12th march 2010 at 4:38 pm. They sent me email for the invite. They also mentioned that my package will be coming by the postal mail. I know one of my friend who also got the invite.
They have started sending invites from yesterday only (as mentioned in the email) and 1st may is my iv date.
My stats:
NBDE I/ II : 86 / not taken
ECE : 3.78
Experience : Lecturer in a Dental School back home, Lotssss of Volunteer activities.
IV : UOP ( accepted:D:D:D:D:D), UTHSCSA (alternate) ,NYU (declined by me:smuggrin:), UOC ( hopefully will decline it).

Good Luck to all.

Thanks a lot for your reply.All the best to you.

i got it on 12th march 2010 at 4:38 pm. They sent me email for the invite. They also mentioned that my package will be coming by the postal mail. I know one of my friend who also got the invite.
They have started sending invites from yesterday only (as mentioned in the email) and 1st may is my iv date.
My stats:
Experience : Lecturer in a Dental School back home, Lotssss of Volunteer activities.
IV : UOP ( accepted:D:D:D:D:D), UTHSCSA (alternate) ,NYU (declined by me:smuggrin:), UOC ( hopefully will decline it).

Good Luck to all.

Hi all, the website says that we can send :

original or notarized official ECE
original / notarized result of nbde part 1
original/notarized results of toefl

Can we send the xerox copies of the documents, after getting them notarised??

Only for the ece they say, original/notarized official ece?? what does this mean

Anyone please help.
Thanks

Hi all, the website says that we can send :

original or notarized official ECE
original / notarized result of nbde part 1
original/notarized results of toefl

Can we send the xerox copies of the documents, after getting them notarised??

Only for the ece they say, original/notarized official ece?? what does this mean

Anyone please help.
Thanks

Yes you can send the notarized copies of all the documents including the ECE.

@ ONS
congratsss on ur acceptance at UOP...
can u pls tell us wen did u apply to uni of colo n did u get a review email before an invite email...
thanks

the isp students will be filling a class action law suit against the school for racial discrimination. the aclu is on board as well. one isp student was assaulted last week. two professors were having sexual relationships with maried isp students. one got pregnant. THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all bloody bull-****
the isp students will be filling a class action law suit against the school for racial discrimination. the aclu is on board as well. one isp student was assaulted last week. two professors were having sexual relationships with maried isp students. one got pregnant. THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a relief! denver dental is finally banned! My thanks to the administrators.

People should be writing stuff that would inspire fellow students, colleagues and encourage them. Not write about some tabloid stuff that's all crap.

hey guys, if you think Colorado is for you, then go for it. Good luck!

My stats:

Good Luck to all.

To ONS,

hey congrats for UOP..i have heard they have excellent program..can u pls tell me what has been mentioned that what they will ask in the bench test along with details? If details not possible then atleast which exercise ( suppose class 2 MO on #30)

It will be really helpful..thanks..

Members don't see this ad :)
what a relief! denver dental is finally banned! My thanks to the administrators.

People should be writing stuff that would inspire fellow students, colleagues and encourage them. Not write about some tabloid stuff that's all crap.

hey guys, if you think Colorado is for you, then go for it. Good luck!

I totally agree with you.I am happy that, that episode is over.It was so annoying to see those weird posts.It puts doubts in peoples minds and was so disturbing.Thank God!

To ONS,

hey congrats for UOP..i have heard they have excellent program..can u pls tell me what has been mentioned that what they will ask in the bench test along with details? If details not possible then atleast which exercise ( suppose class 2 MO on #30)

It will be really helpful..thanks..

For UOC, they have not mention anything as such in the email....

The bench test consists of preparing 2 teeth for restoration on a typodont. We use electrical handpieces, and standard plastic teeth. If you have not practiced on plastic teeth in a while, you may find that it takes a little practice to get used to them again, so I would encourage you to practice if you are able. More detailed information will follow in the hard copy letter....

Right now i am travelling out of US so i dont know what is there in the package also....sorry

For UOC, they have not mention anything as such in the email....

The bench test consists of preparing 2 teeth for restoration on a typodont. We use electrical handpieces, and standard plastic teeth. If you have not practiced on plastic teeth in a while, you may find that it takes a little practice to get used to them again, so I would encourage you to practice if you are able. More detailed information will follow in the hard copy letter....

Right now i am travelling out of US so i dont know what is there in the package also....sorry

Hey ONS

Thanks for prompt reply..Yes i think they send all the specification - their expectation, which tooth, and other thngs on day of interview through formal post..

Can u please specify more on plastic teeth? Do u mean the ivorian typodonts or is it some other specific type of teeth? It wud b great if you can explain a bit more..Do we have to purchase them online? I was thinking to buy from a dental store..

thanks again..good luck..

all bloody bull-****

Hey,

Can u pls tell what is usual exercise they ask in bench test? I understand that it is different every year but like are they likely to ask PFM on anterior/ PFM on posterior/Full gold crown? I think Class 2 and wax exercise is certainly there.. I want to know which kind of crown cutting they usually ask out of three i mentioned?

Thanks a lot..

Hi everyone.
I am a current student in CU, and I have talked to the program director of the ISP program today and i have the permission to post that CU will invite 150 most promissing applicants for interviews, and the class size will NOT be less than 36 students, interviews will start on May 2nd, and there are three interview dates during May.
Best luck, and God Bless

Thank you DFBund, that's really reassuring.
I have a question for everyone visiting this thread. Has anyone's check been cashed (application fee) so far?

I received an email yesterday afternoon from a Dr.Beth Towne for an interview on the 1st of May.
They said they will be sending out a packet through mail.Good luck to everyone

Hi everyone.
I am a current student in CU, and I have talked to the program director of the ISP program today and i have the permission to post that CU will invite 150 most promissing applicants for interviews, and the class size will NOT be less than 36 students, interviews will start on May 2nd, and there are three interview dates during May.
Best luck, and God Bless

Hey DFBund

Thanks a lot for sharing this information..I just had a quick question..What kind of typodonts are usually used at CU? Is it columbia or Kilgore? It will be great if you can tell that..

Thanks..

I received an email yesterday afternoon from a Dr.Beth Towne for an interview on the 1st of May.

Hi!
Can you please share your stats with us and when did you put in your application?Thanks.

Hi tamer,

could you please tell us if you recieved any e-mail previously telling you of 'application complete' or 'under review' kind of stuff. Please let us know, because, I sent my application in September and haven't recieved any confirmation e-mails from them.
Thank you.

I received an email about 5 or 6 days ago from Jane Miller that my application was under review.Then received the invitation yesterday.I sent my application at the end of February.
My stats are very modest compared to most-so to everyone, there's hope.
Part 1 -86
Part 2-80
Toefl-111
GPA-2.76
worked as DA,RDH for yrs here in the US

Good luck to everyone

Last edited:
Hey DFBund

Thanks a lot for sharing this information..I just had a quick question..What kind of typodonts are usually used at CU? Is it columbia or Kilgore? It will be great if you can tell that..

I too received the email today about the practise test ..
Can you please mail me your id so that we could discuss about the practise test ..
my email is [email protected]

Hey

Congrats everyone..Did u just receive an e-mail or also got formal mail telling everything about the interview day?

If anyone has got pls do share details what kind of preparations they are going to ask for the bench test.

thanks.

Hi everyone.
Best luck, and God Bless

Thanks for giving us the information...
Are u aware of the dates of the interviews?

i got the interview call and was asked to confirm whether i 'll be attending the interview.I send them a email saying that i will be attending.But never got any reply back.How did you guys go about with confirming attending the interview.Did you guys call them directly and confirmed or emailed?If you emailed did you get a reply back?Please help.Thankyou.

i had emailed them to confirm my interview date and i did get their reply by email too...

Yeah even i got a confirmation mail for interview today.

Can you guys please tell me how many days after can i expect the confirmation mail.'Coz its been like three days now ans still havent got the confirmation mail.Thanks a lot.

Hi I got my confirmation mail from them 3-4 days after i sent the acceptance mail...

I will let you know more about it

Last edited:
please give me the detail of price and what instrument you have

hi I got interview call too, but I am going to decline as I already got seat in another school so one more candidate will get opportunity
I have some instruments to practice for bench test if anyone intrested to buy them see classified section or just do pm

I will let you know more about it

Can you tell me about the price and whats included in the instruments. Please send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks

Hi,
I hope someone can please help me with this.I applied for the ISP at colorado but I am going to get one recommendation letter next week only.If I send it separately and after the dead line,will they consider it & my application as well? I tried calling to ask about this,but no help.
Please give me a quick reply.Thank You:(:(

Hi,
I hope someone can please help me with this.I applied for the ISP at colorado but I am going to get one recommendation letter next week only.If I send it separately and after the dead line,will they consider it & my application as well? I tried calling to ask about this,but no help.
Please give me a quick reply.Thank You:(:(

yes they will,as far asi knw..watever u send b4 12th april(deadline),they will consider it.and dont waste time askin jst do it,bcus anyways u r left with no othr option..they`ll accept oterwise:thumbup:

yes they will,as far asi knw..watever u send b4 12th april(deadline),they will consider it.and dont waste time askin jst do it,bcus anyways u r left with no othr option..they`ll accept oterwise:thumbup:

Thanks tania suri for your quick reply:).The problem is their deadline is tomorrow[april 2nd].I am sending the rec.letter next week only[that is the only possible way for me].I really hope they do consider it!!:(:confused:

Can anyone pls tell me which would be a good place to buy the greeen stick wax for the bench test .... Any dental supplier close to Dallas ?

Can anyone pls tell me which would be a good place to buy the greeen stick wax for the bench test .... Any dental supplier close to Dallas ?

you can buy it online., there are tons of dental supply sites on the internet.

hello,
do you have any idea what is this wax excersie all about?
Kindly share yr views , i haven't received their mail yet.

Hi!
i am trying to do crown cuttings and i've become an expert at this.Wow! at making sure that i nick the adjacent tooth and at making absolute crates on the intended tooth.Its like as if a meteor fell on it or something.Oh! God not to mention the holes that i drill on it.And...and the undercuts.Its like a window sill where i can put one small little wild flower to decorate and camoflage that undercut.In short,i am in bad shape.Well! Good night! everyone.Happy practicing!

Hi!
i am trying to do crown cuttings and i've become an expert at this.Wow! at making sure that i nick the adjacent tooth and at making absolute crates on the intended tooth.Its like as if a meteor fell on it or something.Oh! God not to mention the holes that i drill on it.And...and the undercuts.Its like a window sill where i can put one small little wild flower to decorate and camoflage that undercut.In short,i am in bad shape.Well! Good night! everyone.Happy practicing!

Hey Twinklestar,

I finally got the magic call for the 8th of May. I am all tense and mudlled up now as to where to start. I have a question for everyone, which is:
Can we use a matrix band in between the teeth when we make a class 2 in order to prevent nicking the adjacent tooth?? I know some schools allow that, like UMDNJ, but does anyone have an idea if CU allows that????