Univ. of Iowa Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it goes. I applied to U of Iowa, and they told me my application was completed in early September. I haven't heard any word about an interview, and I know some here have already had interview and/or acceptances already. I was wondering if it might be different because I'm out of state, or maybe that those already offered acceptances were EDP applicants? Let me know.

Joe

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. Out of state, app complete in July, though. not a word since then. I do know that they are interviewing and accepting out of state regular applicants. I think we're just in the "hold" pile to interview or reject later. Yay! ;)

I'm out of state, and have an interview scheduled for Dec 19. My app was complete in late November, received the invitation less than a week later. BUT, I think they may review applications before files are complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there,
No word from Iowa here either....someone recently posted their process. If you do a search for Iowa, you might find it. Good luck.

I'm out of state. Got an email notifying me of file complete on 9/17. Got interview invite on 10/5, and interviewed on 10/22. Got my acceptance on November 30 (dated Nov. 27).

I have no idea why I was invited to interview or was accepted! I'm starting to think it's all about who reads your file, who decides to pul for you, etc.

After my interview, I was pulled aside to meet with the director of admissions. There, I was told I was in the "recruitment pool" because "I presented a different profile than the average applicant, and could add to the diversity of the school."

Hmmm...I guess sometimes being a reformed f#ck-up has it's advantages!

Anybody got the acceptance nod from Iowa in Iowa's latest round of mailings? At least I think they had one-I heard that acceptances would be sent out mid-December.