univ of minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
fido! said:
so far....as per my knowledge goes....only 1 person has been accepted so far....!

who fido...when was he/she interviewed....Did it took long to send the acceptance letter....

Members don't see this ad.

Got a rejection from UMN today. :laugh:
Applied in 1st week of feb.

good luck to all who are waiting :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Docnids said:

hi docnids,
count me in too...........i got my R letter today

Docnids said:

hi docnids,
count me in too, i also got my R letter today.........now i am not gonna aplly anywhere unless i hav an over 90......i hate being rejected

godbless said:
hi docnids,
count me in too, i also got my R letter today.........now i am not gonna aplly anywhere unless i hav an over 90......i hate being rejected
Hi docnids and godbless I`m so sorry for your rejections.I aplied on first week of febr but nothing jet.How long it took till you got the letters?

hi guys
got my R letter today

cheers

Minnesota DOWN !
Got my rejection letter yesterday or the day before ... anyways, yeah ... they regret to inform me ! :(

Hey guys

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Keep on trying and don't lose hope or motivation.

cheer_up said:
Hey guys

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Keep on trying and don't lose hope or motivation.

Sorry for your rejections.You get a letter or an e-mail? what about the interwiev calls, letter or e-mails? :confused:

sorry abt that dude!dont worry ....keep ur fingers crossed and hope for the best!thatz what can i say...... tc!
NileBDS said:
Minnesota DOWN !
Got my rejection letter yesterday or the day before ... anyways, yeah ... they regret to inform me ! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
regarding interview calls....i got a fone call,e-mail and the papers via fed-ex!
Nevio said:
Sorry for your rejections.You get a letter or an e-mail? what about the interwiev calls, letter or e-mails? :confused:

fido! said:
regarding interview calls....i got a fone call,e-mail and the papers via fed-ex!

Thanks for your quick answer.Hope for the best for your interwiev at NY :)

NileBDS said:
Minnesota DOWN !

I am truly sorry to hear that, be strong sherif. And never stop trying.
the same goes for everyone,,, I got my rejection from Upenn..

Still nothing for me. So far the fingercrossing is working but I have a feeling that I'll be :thumbdown:
just checkin' in. :D
jojo

jojo-Z said:
Still nothing for me. So far the fingercrossing is working but I have a feeling that I'll be :thumbdown:
just checkin' in. :D
jojo

Hi jojo,
i m back from new york.just came to toronto.How r u

Rossu said:
Hi jojo,
Rossu..........that was awsome intro by you at NYU.....when you said "by the way......" and you know the rest.
By the way , I did not pay attention, I mean that time I didn't know that you are Rossu, who was your interviewer and how was it? IM me ok. There was somebody else from Toronto too, did you know ?
I hope you had a good flight back home. Keep in touch Miss R.
:D
jojo

Rossu said:
Hi jojo,
Jojo here again :clap:
Did you apply to Minnesota ? Maybe we meet eachother there, like I have met " Joultee "(I hope I got it right) at NYU, we were together on January 24th at UPENN. :thumbup: :D
jojo

oh wow!thatz cool!i never knew u guyz were there together for the upenn interview? :laugh: well good luck! :thumbup: :smuggrin:
jojo-Z said:
Jojo here again :clap:
Did you apply to Minnesota ? Maybe we meet eachother there, like I have met " Joultee "(I hope I got it right) at NYU, we were together on January 24th at UPENN. :thumbup: :D
jojo

fido! said:
oh wow!thatz cool!i never knew u guyz were there together for the upenn interview? :laugh: well good luck! :thumbup: :smuggrin:
Hey Fido......did you meet Joultee too at NYU ?
:rolleyes:
jojo

HIM0098 said:
I am truly sorry to hear that, be strong sherif. And never stop trying.
the same goes for everyone,,, I got my rejection from Upenn..
Hey Hibaq, thanks for the warm thought.
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but what's one more rejection letter, eih ?
Ok ... I'm pessimistic. :laugh:

fido! said:
hey jojo!who is joultee,btw? :confused:
Man...I don't know how to explain to u, if I say that nice lady first, when u walked in sitting right across the secretory desk, all black suit, long hair :D
I mean everybody was almost like that, right :laugh: .
Anywayz I don't know how to explain better, dude :rolleyes:
I came to think of it I think u guys exchanged emails, :D maybe.
jojo

hi guys,
i,m done with my interview at umn.the interview was pretty much same like upenn.basically three interviews.all the interviewers are very experienced people,who can read your mind.dr.berthold was awesome.he is so cool and nice and full of knowledge.they basically asked typical interview questions like why umn?how will you adjust to new environment?what makes you a suitable candidate for this school?e.t.c.4 people were called for interview.two of us were indians and one from pakistan and one from columbia..pretty much everybody has 90,s in nbde 1.one finished part 2.
they said they look for experience,score,strong sop.
school was very big and students are vvery happy.they have 350 chairs.weather was in 20,s.
thats all i can think of.now i,m waiting to hear from school.bye,prasad

QUOTE=jojo-Z]Man...I don't know how to explain to u, if I say that nice lady first, when u walked in sitting right across the secretory desk, all black suit, long hair :D
jojo[/QUOTE]

nprasad said:
hi guys,
i,m done with my interview at umn.the interview was pretty much same like upenn.basically three interviews.all the interviewers are very experienced people,who can read your mind.dr.berthold was awesome.he is so cool and nice and full of knowledge.they basically asked typical interview questions like why umn?how will you adjust to new environment?what makes you a suitable candidate for this school?e.t.c.4 people were called for interview.two of us were indians and one from pakistan and one from columbia..pretty much everybody has 90,s in nbde 1.one finished part 2.
school was very big and students are vvery happy.they have 350 chairs.weather was in 20,s.

thanks man for sharing your experience at the interwiev ,please if you can tell me how long after you aplied get a call for the interwiev. :) Hope you did well.

QUOTE=jojo-Z]Man...I don't know how to explain to u, if I say that nice lady first, when u walked in sitting right across the secretory desk, all black suit, long hair :D
jojo
[/QUOTE]

nprasad said:
hi guys,

Thank you nprasad. I have mine tom. I will post my intake here also, thats offcourse once my hands stoped shaking :D

HIM0098 said:
Thank you nprasad. I have mine tom. I will post my intake here also, thats offcourse once my hands stoped shaking :D

Hey HIM0098

Wish you all the best of luck tomorrow. Do let us know how your interview went. :luck:

Hey nprasad

Thanks for posting your interview experience. All the best to you. Hope you'll get good news from UMN soon. :)

great job, nprasad. we need more input about interview process like this. just wonder what type of experience they are looking for. I mean do they really care if it is dental related or not? From another thread about acceptance 2008/2009, I saw most people don't have much experience in dental practice. i am asking this question because i don't have much dental experience although i have been working for a long time after graduate from dental school. could you kindly throw some light on it based on your interview? thanks!

HIM0098 said:

I wish you the best for the interwiev and I`m waiting for a detailed description of that.
:)

Hello guys,
Dr.berthold actually said the experience doesn,t have to be a dental experience.AS long as it improves your communication skills it is ok even to work in a gas station things like that.they basically look for better communication skills.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow HIM.nothing to get tensed.very realaxing environment.

bye,prasad

Nevio said:
I wish you the best for the interwiev and I`m waiting for a detailed description of that.
:)

cheer_up said:
Hey nprasad

Thanks for posting your interview experience. All the best to you. Hope you'll get good news from UMN soon. :)

thankyou cheerup

jojo here :rolleyes:
Dude, I hope u'r making them overwhelmed there in Minnesota and WE are waiting for your feedback :D
jojo out

Well it is official , my first university interview is over. It was very lay back kinda interview.
I was interviewed by the Dean, the Associate Dean and of course Dr. Berthold and what a gentleman. All Q’s was personal, and since I represent the 3rd largest Immigrants group [ more than 100,000] that reside in Minnesota , most of my Q’s was Why Minnesota , one of the coldest state. Form horn of Africa to here why????

And since there is only 4-6 seats I asked the Dean “ I bet you’ve gotten lot’s of application” -
Dean: Yes, more than 250 but we will only interview 25 , which we choose 4 or 6 only. But none of them said if they had already filled any position, but as we know one seat is already filled by Treasure.

One more thing they don’t consider NBDE SCORE at all, since I got less than 84 I was expecting to be asked over and over again, why so low or why you didn’t repeat, they all asked about my military experience and my Out Reach Practice in Manila.

I always have a feeling when I get a thing or not, I didn’t feel it after the interviews so I think I am out. But whoever get in this year I will see you next year :D ..

Now let's hear it from Prady :clap:

hello hiba,
it was a pleasure meeting u!yes the interview was pretty laid-back!but i was a little disheartened when i came to know that they have 4-5 seats 4 the pass prog!well all the best!
HIM0098 said:
Well it is official , my first university interview is over. It was very lay back kinda interview.
I was interviewed by the Dean, the Associate Dean and of course Dr. Berthold and what a gentleman. All Q’s was personal, and since I represent the 3rd largest Immigrants group [ more than 100,000] that reside in Minnesota , most of my Q’s was Why Minnesota , one of the coldest state. Form horn of Africa to here why????

And since there is only 4-6 seats I asked the Dean “ I bet you’ve gotten lot’s of application” -
Dean: Yes, more than 250 but we will only interview 25 , which we choose 4 or 6 only. But none of them said if they had already filled any position, but as we know one seat is already filled by Treasure.

One more thing they don’t consider NBDE SCORE at all, since I got less than 84 I was expecting to be asked over and over again, why so low or why you didn’t repeat, they all asked about my military experience and my Out Reach Practice in Manila.

I always have a feeling when I get a thing or not, I didn’t feel it after the interviews so I think I am out. But whoever get in this year I will see you next year :D ..

HIM0098 said:

Thanks for sharing. All the best!!!

Somebody has started a new thread of UMN stating that he has interview on 16th Mach. Interview started in January as we all know and since then I guess every week they are calling 4 students. Then it is little bit confusing if they say they will call only 25 students for interview for 4 seats. :confused:

HIM0098 said:

Hey HIM0098

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with us. All the best with your admission. :luck: Don't speculate that you might have not gotten in until you receive something official from them. So hang in there. I hope you'll get in.

Your posts regarding UMN have always given me so much hope in UMN. First, it was your UMN interview call and now your interview experience and the info you provided. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate them :D

I would love to know how roughly how many they have and will interview so far so that I can gauge my chance of getting a call....after I apply for it, of course.

does anybody know how many people have been interviewed with UMN? sounds like a lot if they do pick four every week since Jan...

Hey fido

Don't feel too disheartened. It's just really, really hard to predict the result of one's interview. So hold on tight, and all the best to you. You never know, you might be just one of those 4 or 6 people. :D :luck:

yo jojo,wassup dude?nothing much from my side!i will call u up in a day or two!
jojo-Z said:
jojo here :rolleyes:
Dude, I hope u'r making them overwhelmed there in Minnesota and WE are waiting for your feedback :D
jojo out

akmount said:
Somebody has started a new thread of UMN stating that he has interview on 16th Mach. Interview started in January as we all know and since then I guess every week they are calling 4 students. Then it is little bit confusing if they say they will call only 25 students for interview for 4 seats. :confused:

Actually it started in November, the applicant that was interviewed with me, said that she applied & were asked for interview in November and because of her prior engagement( overseas trip) She reschedule the interview .

The way things have gone for the UMN program is very unfortunate I think. First they advertised that they have about 10 seats and now 4 to 6 ( they are still not sure about that), out of which one was awarded before the program got its recognition. Then they rejected people with 89 and 91 scores. I have been told that they have interviewed MN residents (not very sure) with scores in early 80s; they should have informed any such intentions before applications. If they are neither looking for scores nor dental exp. then what they are looking for Photographs??
I am glad that I cancelled my interview and saved money. I hope they have decided the curiculum and the most deserving candidates will get those 3 or 5 seats.

Fido; it is also a pleasure meeting u.. Don't feel bad about the low seats #, as you know this is a trial phase, so they want to make sure the success rate is high. And with lower seats they can achieve that. Good luck in with your Buffalo interview.

Cheer_up: thank you for always cheering me Up :laugh:
I realy don't like to speculate, but life events made me to be very practical person, and this new person says my chance of getting in is 25% :D

thanks and wish u all the best too!tc! :thumbup:
HIM0098 said:
Fido; it is also a pleasure meeting u.. Don't feel bad about the low seats #, as you know this is a trial phase, so they want to make sure the success rate is high. And with lower seats they can achieve that. Good luck in with your Buffalo interview.

Cheer_up: thank you for always cheering me Up :laugh:
I realy don't like to speculate, but life events made me to be very practical person, and this new person says my chance of getting in is 25% :D

;)
32 pearls said:
The way things have gone for the UMN program is very unfortunate I think. First they advertised that they have about 10 seats and now 4 to 6 ( they are still not sure about that), out of which one was awarded before the program got its recognition. Then they rejected people with 89 and 91 scores. I have been told that they have interviewed MN residents (not very sure) with scores in early 80s; they should have informed any such intentions before applications. If they are neither looking for scores nor dental exp. then what they are looking for Photographs??
I am glad that I cancelled my interview and saved money. I hope they have decided the curiculum and the most deserving candidates will get those 3 or 5 seats.