Univ of Missouri Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mutterkuchen

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone has interviewed at the University of Missouri in the last couple of years, can you complete the interview feedback form on SDN. There are no valid feedback forms for this school and I have an interview coming up.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview/interview_enter.asp

Members don't see this ad.

JBJ,

When was your file at Mizzou complete? When did they notify you for an interview? I interviewed in 1994, I doubt my comments would help much. I can't remember much about it, but I know one interviewer asked some pretty standard ethical questions, and I think they often used to ask about the biggest problem facing health care, and whether everyone had a right to health care. That kind of stuff. Mizzou's one of my top choices. Let me know how it goes.

My file was complete around October 1 and I received an interview invite a few days later by email. I consider Mizzou one of my top choices and wish it was not my first (and only, to date) interview. I will post feedback when it is finished.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't interviewed yet, but I read some interview feedbacks last year. So stuff I remember from last year's applicant responses:

They are big into health care problems. Some interviewers seem to want an in depth solution to the problems. So know some problems and have some suggestions.

They are big into primary care. They won't necessarily reject you outright if you say you want to do something else, but it probably won't help you, either. Some people seemed to think you should avoid talking about any undergrad research you have, unless they bring it up, because they don't want researchers.

They are big into rural medicine. You don't have to say you want to work in a rural area, but implying "there's no way on earth I would ever want to practice in a small town" is a bad idea.

Sorry, this is not real helpful. But that's all I remember.

weird...even after refreshing several times, this is still showing up on page 2, and shows JBJ as the last to reply. Hopefully this jumps it up....