2025-2026 U Missouri - Columbia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 U Missouri - Columbia Secondary Essay Prompts:
Secondary Essay Questions:

1) Why are you interested in attending the University of Missouri School of Medicine? (1200 characters)

2) Is there anything that was not fully addressed in your application and/or any additional updates since submitting the AMCAS application?(2000 characters)
3) If you have applied to the University of Missouri School of Medicine before, how has your application improved since your last attempt? (3000 characters)


ADDITIONAL Questions for OOS Applicants:
1) Please provide us with information about your connection to Missouri (Must be completed by all applicants.)

2) I would like to be considered for admission to MU School of Medicine as an out-of-state resident because of the following factor(s): You must provide an explanation for each of the categories that apply to you.

i) MD/Ph.D. Candidiate
ii) Socioeconomically disadvantaged
iii) Non-traditional academic/career path
iv) Rural/Urban
v) First generation college attendee
vi) Military/Veteran
vii) Other unique experiences/attributes that would contribute to the overall class composition (specify)

Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For OOS applicants:
1) Please provide us with information about your connection to Missouri (Must be completed by all applicants.)
2) I would like to be considered for admission to MU School of Medicine as an out-of-state resident because of the following factor(s): You must provide an explanation for each of the categories that apply to you.
i) MD/Ph.D. Candidiate
ii) Socioeconomically disadvantaged
iii) Non-traditional academic/career path
iv) Rural/Urban
v) First generation college attendee
vi) Military/Veteran
vii) Other unique experiences/attributes that would contribute to the overall class composition (specify)

There's a text box for each of these categories if you wish to elaborate further. Good luck everybody!
 
For OOS applicants:
1) Please provide us with information about your connection to Missouri (Must be completed by all applicants.)
2) I would like to be considered for admission to MU School of Medicine as an out-of-state resident because of the following factor(s): You must provide an explanation for each of the categories that apply to you.
i) MD/Ph.D. Candidiate
ii) Socioeconomically disadvantaged
iii) Non-traditional academic/career path
iv) Rural/Urban
v) First generation college attendee
vi) Military/Veteran
vii) Other unique experiences/attributes that would contribute to the overall class composition (specify)

There's a text box for each of these categories if you wish to elaborate further. Good luck everybody!
@wysdoc
 
Hey everyone, has anyone else received a secondary yet? I was verified about 4 weeks ago and still have not received a secondary. I have completed about 20 others but have not received anything from Mizzou yet. This is far and away the school I am most interested in so I’m getting concerned. Hoping this is similar for others and not just me!
 
Hey everyone, has anyone else received a secondary yet? I was verified about 4 weeks ago and still have not received a secondary. I have completed about 20 others but have not received anything from Mizzou yet. This is far and away the school I am most interested in so I’m getting concerned. Hoping this is similar for others and not just me!
i haven't received one either, OOS with ties
 
How do the questions for IS applicants compare, @smartdumbperson21 ?
3 essay questions:
1) Why are you interested in attending the University of Missouri School of Medicine?
2) Is there anything that was not fully addressed in your application and/or any additional updates since submitting the AMCAS application?
3) If you have applied to the University of Missouri School of Medicine before, how has your application improved since your last attempt?
 
3 essay questions:
1) Why are you interested in attending the University of Missouri School of Medicine?
2) Is there anything that was not fully addressed in your application and/or any additional updates since submitting the AMCAS application?
3) If you have applied to the University of Missouri School of Medicine before, how has your application improved since your last attempt?
Thank you! Please what are the character or word count limits
 
Is anyone having trouble saving their secondaries? I write my secondaries, but don't see anywhere to save them, then once I leave the page, the essay disappears.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the Form denied/approved stuff? Is that for interview or just them being able to review? I submitted on August 7th IS and haven’t heard anything
 
What is the Form denied/approved stuff? Is that for interview or just them being able to review? I submitted on August 7th IS and haven’t heard anything
They mostly want Missouri residents or people from adjacent states or a connection to MO.
If you’re IS you should be fine. They want all IS and OOS to fill it out
 
Did anyone get a confirmation email after submitting? My application is showing submitted on the site but I didn’t get an email (IS applicant)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, an under consideration still-type update 🧐 any Rs come out from mizzou yet?
 
If they follow the trend from last year, there should be another update coming out next week before Christmas/New Years... hoping we all get some good news!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the committee waitlist or reject people post interview before March?
My understanding is that the committee will send monthly updates after you interview with three options: reject, accept, and "status unchanged." From past years, it seems like they accept only a small percentage of their overall class before March, so it's really not a bad sign to get the "status unchanged" post-II. In March they will either reject, accept, or WL.