Univ. of the Sciences in Philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calrx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has information about this pharm school. I understand that its a direct-entry school but you can still apply as a transfer. I was talking to some people who knew others that went there and they said that they haven't accepted any transer students into the PY1 year in the last 2 years. When I called the admissions office to request to have an application sent to me, the lady said seating was "very limited." I'm confused because the school website is misleading. There is a ton of information on it for transfer students. I had my PCAT scores sent there before I had heard that they rarely accept transfers, so now I'm debating if I should bother applying at all. :smuggrin: Any information you guys have would be great. I really don't know what to do...

Members don't see this ad.

calrx said:
I was wondering if anyone has information about this pharm school. I understand that its a direct-entry school but you can still apply as a transfer. I was talking to some people who knew others that went there and they said that they haven't accepted any transer students into the PY1 year in the last 2 years. When I called the admissions office to request to have an application sent to me, the lady said seating was "very limited." I'm confused because the school website is misleading. There is a ton of information on it for transfer students. I had my PCAT scores sent there before I had heard that they rarely accept transfers, so now I'm debating if I should bother applying at all. :smuggrin: Any information you guys have would be great. I really don't know what to do...

I am also interested in University of the Sciences in Philadelphia and am discouraged by the same problems you are. I was told only a few seats if any would be available for transfer students. I also remember the secretary saying that my application wouldn't even be looked at until after they had given out all the seats they need for 6 year students. I decided to apply anyway since the school is very close to my home and it would be very convenient for me to go there. Plus, all the other schools in my immediate area seem super competitive so I figure I might as well give it a try, no matter how slim a chance I may have.

Good Luck with evreything!

Stephie said:
I am also interested in University of the Sciences in Philadelphia and am discouraged by the same problems you are. I was told only a few seats if any would be available for transfer students. I also remember the secretary saying that my application wouldn't even be looked at until after they had given out all the seats they need for 6 year students. I decided to apply anyway since the school is very close to my home and it would be very convenient for me to go there. Plus, all the other schools in my immediate area seem super competitive so I figure I might as well give it a try, no matter how slim a chance I may have.

Good Luck with evreything!

Yeah I love Philadelphia so I would love to be in that area too. I'm mad because I paid to have my PCAT score sent there but now I don't want to pay the extra $45 application fee. I know there might be a slim chance of getting a seat but I don't know if I'm willing to spend the money. One of my friends called the admissions office and was told that they haven't accepted any transfers in the last 2 years and only 1 the year before that. I really wish I knew this info before I sent my PCAT score there... what a waste! I guess I'd rather take the $45 and apply to a school that I know I have a greater chance of getting accepted to. I really wish that USP made it more clear on their website that they really don't have seats for transfers. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow just to be 100% sure but as of right now I don't think I'm going to bother applying. :smuggrin:

It isnt worth applying, unless if you have done awesome-ly in your undergrad. what counts as "awesome-ly"? well, a VERY high PCAT score, a VERY high GPA. they are just very anal and deeply skeptical of outside science courses and usually no ivy league person applies to USP for Pharmacy. So i dont know.