University of Arizona Pharmacy C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ohhh I see, that was with Midwestern! Hopefully it's not based off your appearance. I have my ears stretched (only to 00), a septum and tongue rings but of course those are more hidden haha But keep your head up!! You said as well you didn't practice general interview questions so hopefully you are now for your U of A interview!! good luck! don't let one rejection get you down. Like i said, things happen for a reason and if U of A is your top choice, then Midwestern wouldn't have mattered! Good luck with your process!!
Yeah you're right! Thanks a lot :) and yeah I'm practicing interview questions now I was even suggested to use techniques like the mocking technique but I would feel silly and probably awkward if they notice ha but even though I didn't study interview questions so much a Midwestern I still answered them all well, but I can do better now. Where do you currently reside?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah you're right! Thanks a lot :) and yeah I'm practicing interview questions now I was even suggested to use techniques like the mocking technique but I would feel silly and probably awkward if they notice ha but even though I didn't study interview questions so much a Midwestern I still answered them all well, but I can do better now. Where do you currently reside?
I'm in CA

Members don't see this ad :)
My status is still "Passed Initial Review" :/

Still waiting to get denied or interview I guess.

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? This will be my second time interviewing at U of A. I also got offered an interview to Midwestern which I scheduled for Feb 22, but I just pray that admittance results are out by then, so I don't have to interview at MW. Let's be honest... is Midwestern ever anyone's top choice?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? This will be my second time interviewing at U of A. I also got offered an interview to Midwestern which I scheduled for Feb 22, but I just pray that admittance results are out by then, so I don't have to interview at MW. Let's be honest... is Midwestern ever anyone's top choice?
I interview Saturday! And second time? How's the process? Or how was it? I'm super nervous. Work has been over working me I haven't had the time to study for it.

Anyone who already had the interview can you share with us how it went? I am super nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck tomorrow! And please keep us updated, if possible. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I made the mistake refreshing what I've learned while pursing my undergrad degree, but they didn't seem to care even though I was spitting fire ha (nothing but computational, medicinal and quantum chemsitry) and trying to relate to each interviewee, I thought I did wel,but I guess not... Maybe my appearance. I didn't get to study interview questions. It seems GPA and pcat scores don't influence acceptance so much anymore. I have a 91 composite on the PCAT and a 99 in chemistry on the PCAT a bachelor's degree in biochemistry a 3.35 science GPA and 3.47 culmative gpa, over 5 years tech experience and more and I didn't get into Midwestern. At u of a my cGPA is 3.81 and sGPA is 3.62 and overall 3.71 GPA. I have take graduate courses Medicinal chemistry and advanced organic chemistry and some tough under division courses probably 10 more science classes then I needed.

From what I understand your numbers show you're smart, the interview is to find out if you are a human and if you are professional. My PCAT score was an 89 with a similar cGPA and a 4.0 sGPA, but with a non-science bachelors, in pharmacy experience. I have not yet received an interview either. I am currently accepted at Midwestern.

If anyone wants to let us know the later dates invitations have been sent out and what the open slot days were that'd be lovely!

From what I understand your numbers show you're smart, the interview is to find out if you are a human and if you are professional. My PCAT score was an 89 with a similar cGPA and a 4.0 sGPA, but with a non-science bachelors, in pharmacy experience. I have not yet received an interview either. I am currently accepted at Midwestern.

If anyone wants to let us know the later dates invitations have been sent out and what the open slot days were that'd be lovely!
Thanks! Yeah I'll let you all know how it goes. And any advice on interviews since you've been accepted somewhere? I'm slowly learning why I didn't get in by watching videos. For starters, at the end of the interview they asked if I had any questions and I didn't ask any. I didn't even thank them for their time or shake their hands because I was so nervous. Also, I drew a blank when they asked why I wanted to go to this school I could of said anything. I could of said because of the 3 year program and option for dual degrees... Something. I just said because it's in state.

i'm out of state and got an interview email yesterday.

dates given: 1/29, 2/5, 2/12

anyone interviewed have any advice on the interview questions or essay?

anyone interviewed have any advice on the interview questions or essay?
Sorry, I'm barely getting on. I had my interview on Saturday and it was intense. At least mine was. But other than that I loved the school and everything else. I don't think I can reveal much about essay, but we were told that they were looking at our penmanship and ability to form coherent sentences or thoughts. Oh yeah and to answer exactly what the questions asks. We were also told they were going to interview about 160 people for 124 spots. So I hope I get it. I had a preceptor that interviewed me (no other relationship with the university) so I couldn't ask any questions about to school, curriculum, dual degree programs etc. He probably spoke more than I did I felt like I didn't get to shine. I was asked about 7 questions but 3 of them were basically the same thing. The essay I can't really say anything to help you be ready for it. It's either you can do it or not. They give you 3 topics to choose from. I was told they judge based on your entire application not just the interview so I hope I get it. If I had someone with a stronger background in chemistry or more affiliated with the school I would of been more confident and had a better experience, but I don't want to go to any other school even though I applied to a few others.

Sorry, I'm barely getting on. I had my interview on Saturday and it was intense. At least mine was. But other than that I loved the school and everything else. I don't think I can reveal much about essay, but we were told that they were looking at our penmanship and ability to form coherent sentences or thoughts. Oh yeah and to answer exactly what the questions asks. We were also told they were going to interview about 160 people for 124 spots. So I hope I get it. I had a preceptor that interviewed me (no other relationship with the university) so I couldn't ask any questions about to school, curriculum, dual degree programs etc. He probably spoke more than I did I felt like I didn't get to shine. I was asked about 7 questions but 3 of them were basically the same thing. The essay I can't really say anything to help you be ready for it. It's either you can do it or not. They give you 3 topics to choose from. I was told they judge based on your entire application not just the interview so I hope I get it. If I had someone with a stronger background in chemistry or more affiliated with the school I would of been more confident and had a better experience, but I don't want to go to any other school even though I applied to a few others.
THANK YOU!! i'm interviewing 2/12. Idk if this made me feel less stressed or more hahaha but they are giving a lot of spots to interviewers!!!

FOR ANYONE INTERVIEWING 2/5: i was originally signed up for that but when i looked for hotels they were either sooo expensive or sold out!! apparently they have a city wide event that weekend and lots of hotels are filling up and they jack up the prices.

THANK YOU!! i'm interviewing 2/12. Idk if this made me feel less stressed or more hahaha but they are giving a lot of spots to interviewers!!!

FOR ANYONE INTERVIEWING 2/5: i was originally signed up for that but when i looked for hotels they were either sooo expensive or sold out!! apparently they have a city wide event that weekend and lots of hotels are filling up and they jack up the prices.
You should be fine I just think it was the person that interviewed me, but yeah Marty said they're waiting on like 20 people to post their grades from last semester so they're might be less that 160 hopefully ha I really want to get in.

Finally got my interview invite! Excited to check it out!!

oh yeah i was wondering if people who already interviewed will know when acceptance letters are going to be sent out??

and also, what hotels are you guys staying at and do you recommend them?? (not to be a stalker)

Also received my invite yesterday. I am going on 2/5. There were still a couple spots open for this Friday (the 29th) when I registered, and around 10 left for the 5th and 12th. I do know people who have interviewed already and they say the acceptance should be done at the last week of February or first week of March, which is consistent with prior years message board postings.

I live down the road so can't recommend a hotel that close to campus. If you want to stay 10 minutes up the road from the interview and have cash/points there's a nicer Homewood suites on campbell and river. You can follow campbell straight down to the COP.

oh yeah i was wondering if people who already interviewed will know when acceptance letters are going to be sent out??

and also, what hotels are you guys staying at and do you recommend them?? (not to be a stalker)
I believe it is Feb 26 - Mar 2 something like that I have the sheet at home not with me. I stayed in the quality inn flamingo something ha but it was like 1300 n stone ave. I paid 80 buck including tax. I recommend this hotel, the outside may not look too nice but the interior is actually really nice for a smaller hotel. And its like a 5 min drive from the school and they have room service sort of. Their is a menu there, but its from a company down the street and they deliver it. I didn't have enough time for the free breakfast though :(

Putting this out there for people from out of town: FOOD. If you're looking for a Panera/Wildflower type thing go Beyond Bread. 'Sauce' for modern pizza type stuff. Lovin Spoonfulls for the vegans. There are tons of other cute playces on University next to the side of campus opposite the COP. These places are what I consider my kitchen.

Wow. Interviewed yesterday and had a great time at my interview. Enjoyed it immensely. They essay portion is intense because I wanted to write more than I possibly had the time for.

Wow. Interviewed yesterday and had a great time at my interview. Enjoyed it immensely. They essay portion is intense because I wanted to write more than I possibly had the time for.
i'm glad you had a great time! makes me look forward to it next week! any advice??

i'm glad you had a great time! makes me look forward to it next week! any advice??

Parking can be an issue so get there early but do not GO IN too early they are specific about not arriving more than 50 minutes before the interview time. You will get your picture taken, as they mentioned in the email. What they did not mention in the email is that if accepted that picture will follow you for 4 years, so look your best :)

The process is truly set up to help you interview the school and for the school to interview you. Be yourself. Have a strategy for your essay. There will be a large clock on a screen and known you have 25 minutes so allot X time for an outline, and finish with X time left for review.

I was not asked to address specific weaknesses in my application, but I do know that others were asked this. Be ready to take responsibility for and explain anything that they may ask regarding your application.

Reactions: 1 users
Parking can be an issue so get there early but do not GO IN too early they are specific about not arriving more than 50 minutes before the interview time. You will get your picture taken, as they mentioned in the email. What they did not mention in the email is that if accepted that picture will follow you for 4 years, so look your best :)

The process is truly set up to help you interview the school and for the school to interview you. Be yourself. Have a strategy for your essay. There will be a large clock on a screen and known you have 25 minutes so allot X time for an outline, and finish with X time left for review.

I was not asked to address specific weaknesses in my application, but I do know that others were asked this. Be ready to take responsibility for and explain anything that they may ask regarding your application.
thank you!!! so for the rest of the questions were they just standard interview questions? i can't imagine they could ask a lot in 20-25 minutes for the interview!

thank you!!! so for the rest of the questions were they just standard interview questions? i can't imagine they could ask a lot in 20-25 minutes for the interview!
My interview did go slightly longer than alloted, and we did cover more than in my interview with another school. I think the interviewer has some discretionary ability to adapt, so while others has more standard questions mine flowed from his first question more like a conversation that evolved from my experiences that led me to pharmacy and then into healthcare today. I'd be prepared.

Can anyone tell me what the P1 schedule is like at the U of Arizona? I am trying to see if I could maintain a part-time job during the program.
Do people go to class 8-12 on Mon-Fri? Or is it something similar to that? Thanks for the help in advance.

Can anyone tell me what the P1 schedule is like at the U of Arizona? I am trying to see if I could maintain a part-time job during the program.
Do people go to class 8-12 on Mon-Fri? Or is it something similar to that? Thanks for the help in advance.
I found the Class of 2019 curriculum from the UA website, take a look:
http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/curriculum-class-2019

Individual class schedule could be found from the link below. After clicking on "UA Main Campus", then choose the "Subject" course prefix, and enter the "Course Number", also uncheck the box "Show Open Classes Only" for preview purposes. UA only has Spring 2016 for viewing at this time, so enter Spring courses from the curriculum accordingly:
https://uaccess.schedule.arizona.ed...E/HRMS/c/SA_LEARNER_SERVICES.CLASS_SEARCH.GBL

I haven't heard anything yet, but at my interview they did hint that it may will likely be closer to the 1st than the 26th. I just hope they don't push it back any further.

I haven't heard anything yet, but at my interview they did hint that it may will likely be closer to the 1st than the 26th. I just hope they don't push it back any further.
Thanks!
Yeah I hope so too. From previous years it was always on a Friday. I actually thought it would be sooner this year since there was only 147 interviews and more seats.

Thanks!
Yeah I hope so too. From previous years it was always on a Friday. I actually thought it would be sooner this year since there was only 147 interviews and more seats.
It would be nice if they would give us a heads up on when they will let us know, I'm tired of checking my email and portal every 20 minutes haha

Reactions: 1 user
I know right! I hope someone on here says something when they find out. I'm tired of waiting. I want to know already!!!
It would be nice if they would give us a heads up on when they will let us know, I'm tired of checking my email and portal every 20 minutes haha

Decisions have been made! Finally!! I was accepted into the Phoenix campus :) I'm so excited. Maybe I'll be seeing some of you in the fall.

I just got mine a couple minutes ago!! Accepted to Phoenix campus! :)