University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Acceptance/Non Acceptance Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tom Waits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here applied to UAMS, if so, have you recieved a letter yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, sure have.

You should give the admissions office a call, ask for Linda Dupey.

Letters were mailed 15 Dec, 15 Jan, 15 Feb.

check that.... thought you were referring to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
chrisjohn said:
check that.... thought you were referring to med school.

I assume that you are talking about uams college of pharmacy, and if so, yes I applied. I called Kathy Orear and she said they were mailed yesterday, April 20th. So any day now you should be hearing from them. Best of luck and let me know how it all turns out and if I get in maybe we'll both be there in the fall :)

Thank you. I will let you know how it goes, best of luck to you as well. I will now begin pacing around the office, anxiously waiting to get home to check the mail.

Tom Waits said:
Thank you. I will let you know how it goes, best of luck to you as well. I will now begin pacing around the office, anxiously waiting to get home to check the mail.

when did you interview and what did you think about the school?

I interviewed January 28th. I liked the school. I think UAMS in general is a very good school. I work in Little Rock, and have worked with a lot of people who have gotten their PhD from UAMS, and they all highly recommend it. I like the fact that their is a medical school, a hospital, and other many other colleges like the college of public health and the college of nursing all on campus. It opens up alot of oppurtunities to work with other professionals in the health and research fields, and to make some good contacts for later down the road. I am not sure what I want to do after graduating, but at least I will have great guidance and the oppurtunity to experience some different avenues while in school.

Congratulations RXbound! I am on the waiting list, guess I will continue the waiting game. Looking for people who have been accepted and are declining. Anyone out there?

Sorry to hear about that, but someone may give up their spot. :thumbup: