University of California Postbacc program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulOne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two questions regarding the University of California Postbacc programs.
1.) If I want to start next Summer 2009 or Fall 2009, when do I have to turn in my application?
2.) LORs are required, so I was wondering if my med school LORs will work for these postbacc programs. Or, is this a separate LOR?

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the University of California Postbacc programs.
1.) If I want to start next Summer 2009 or Fall 2009, when do I have to turn in my application?
2.) LORs are required, so I was wondering if my med school LORs will work for these postbacc programs. Or, is this a separate LOR?

Thank you so much.

Wassup HopefulOne, I am in the UC Davis postbacc right now. If you wanted to start next year then you would turn in your app around April of 09. You would interview in late may to early june and start in the summer of 09. You can use your med school LOR's, I know I did. I might be good to have an extra one saying why the postbacc is good for you and why you are good for the postbacc. Hope this helps. If you have any questions you can pm me anytime. God bless.

actually, turn it in asap. i think earliest you can turn it in is february. maybe janulary. i turned mine in this year early feb, and have already interviewed at one of the programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also know that some don't accept you if you haven't applied and been denied (some require you to have gotten to the interview stage) and some have first time applicant programs. I would look through all the requirements now to cover your bases and apply early in Jan/Feb 09 (whenever it opens the application up). Most programs start with a summer program. If you want to know more about the UCLA program PM me.

Just wondering if anyone out there applied for any of the programs this application season? Have you guys heard back from any of them? I applied to all of em except for UCR. Just anxiously waiting to hear back...... :eek:

I only got an email from Ms. Kirk saying that they'll continue to process my application once they receive all the required documents (tax forms, picture, set of transcripts), but other than that, nothing from the other UCs.
I checked off UCSF, UCD, UCI, and UCSD on my app.

I wish they'd post some more information about their timelines. UCD's site says they'll start considering applications on 4/15, UCSD's site says they're interviewing from 3/17-5/23 and acceptance notifications shouldn't run past June 1. Doesn't look like UCI or UCSF include that information, but my guess is it'll probably be the same as the other UCs :confused: