University of California San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg i got my letter! i didn't expect it so soon!
well, open it! lol good luck :) unless you are being a troll :p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW so soon! Good luck! :luck:

wow, that is really soon, but didn't someone mention that they finished interviews earlier this year? Feb 18 vs. Feb. 25th from last year?

Good luck.... I am really nervous.... :xf:

wow, that is really soon, but didn't someone mention that they finished interviews earlier this year? Feb 18 vs. Feb. 25th from last year?

Good luck.... I am really nervous.... :xf:

Last year they finished interviews on 2/19.

I got a financial aid info letter today...Almost got a heart attack thinking that it was a letter w/ their final decision.

Do you know when we are supposed to apply for fin aid by?

It doesn't say when the deadline is...I heard the earlier the better.
I filled out FAFSA a while ago, but I still have another form to fill out.
I am thinking to wait until I receive their final decision because they charge us for filling out that form (not for the FAFSA one but for the other one)...

It doesn't say when the deadline is...I heard the earlier the better.
I filled out FAFSA a while ago, but I still have another form to fill out.
I am thinking to wait until I receive their final decision because they charge us for filling out that form (not for the FAFSA one but for the other one)...
yeah, that's what i was thinking as well. i don't want to spend money on the css profile if i don't get in. stupid collegeboard still taking our money

yeah, that's what i was thinking as well. i don't want to spend money on the css profile if i don't get in. stupid collegeboard still taking our money

Tired of waiting, tired of waiting, tired of waiting...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too...
So for financial aid. Are we supposed to estimate our tax info? Did anyone complete it yet?

I filed FAFSA a while ago before I filed Tax for 2010.
They give you an option of updating it once you file them.

But at this point, you could file tax first and do the financial aid so that you don't have to do it twice. (IMO)

Last edited:
lol...i was expecting both the thank you letter and financial aid letter due to one of the pharmacy students mentioning this during my interview session. I was however going nuts waiting for my interview invitation back in jan. i suspect the same thing will happen to me when we get closer to the april 1st deadline or once other people start receiving their final decision letters. yikes! im glad i have work/school to keep me occupied...well for now at least....

lol...i was expecting both the thank you letter and financial aid letter due to one of the pharmacy students mentioning this during my interview session. I was however going nuts waiting for my interview invitation back in jan. i suspect the same thing will happen to me when we get closer to the april 1st deadline or once other people start receiving their final decision letters. yikes! im glad i have work/school to keep me occupied...well for now at least....
nothing to occupy my mind. lol i'm on break

those of you who already got accepted, what were your stats & extra curric like??

I know....the wait is driving me crazy. I received the thank you letter about a week and a half ago and I completely forgot that we would receive a financial aid letter....when I received it I almost flipped out. The stress of waiting is seriously taking years off my life :laugh:

those of you who already got accepted, what were your stats & extra curric like??
nobody has (yet) mentioned that they have gotten accepted on the forum. maybe you mean to be in the ucsf premed forum not the prepharm one?

I find it strange that no one has received any acceptances or denials yet... According to Last year's cycle, people received news on march 5th already. I'm just so nervous!! I hate waiting... -_-

I find it strange that no one has received any acceptances or denials yet... According to Last year's cycle, people received news on march 5th already. I'm just so nervous!! I hate waiting... -_-

got a fin aid letter today.....

yeah same! soooo impatient. especially since i should already be finding a place to live for midwestern cpg since it starts in June.

i got the finaid letter today.. i just want to start planning out my life, lol.

and another week of stalking the mailman begins...
Is it sad that I was kind of relieved yesterday because I knew there was no mail on Sundays? :p

I'm in SoCal and haven't received my financial aid letter yet. I'm expecting it to come sometime this week, but I'm kind of scared I'm going to assume it's the financial aid letter and open it up to find an acceptance/rejection. :laugh:

It's ok everyone! We can make it! :thumbup: Let's all take a page from this girl's book:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

:luck:

Received my financial aid mail today. Now to submit my financial information :)

i still haven't heard anything either. the thank you letter and fin aid letter both scared me! i hope we hear back sooner than april 1.

No mail in Nor Cal either.

Even if I am still in school, all I can think of is the LETTER! GRRRRR

Some of us should get to hear some news end of this week though.
Yea, its kinda weird how last year and a year before, people started to get notified the first week of March...Oh well

:xf:Fingers crossed! :luck:

Got a letter from UCSF today. Opened it to read the first words "Thank you for applying for admission to UCSF." andd....

it was the financial aid letter :annoyed:
Why would they start it like that????

well...at least i can be pretty sure the next letter i get from them will be a decision :xf:

Got a letter from UCSF today. Opened it to read the first words "Thank you for applying for admission to UCSF." andd....

it was the financial aid letter :annoyed:
Why would they start it like that????

well...at least i can be pretty sure the next letter i get from them will be a decision :xf:

I did the same thing! haha

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oumlYbwfAsI[/YOUTUBE]

though y'all might be interested in this video UCSF uploaded about their robotic pharmacy :)

If last year repeats itself, the first people should get their letters tomorrow!!

does anybody receive an email from this address [email protected] asking you to participate a criminal background check on this website http://www.applicationstation.com? It asks my SSN, that's why I think I need to be cautious. Should I believe this website?

Did you get into another school? When I was admitted to UOP, I got the same email, and we had to do the background check through that website. So I am pretty sure its okay to trust that website.

Apparently, if you do it once, it will go to all the schools that you get into if I remember it right.

Did you get into another school? When I was admitted to UOP, I got the same email, and we had to do the background check through that website. So I am pretty sure its okay to trust that website.

Apparently, if you do it once, it will go to all the schools that you get into if I remember it right.

Yes! UCSD! I guess that's why. Thanks :)

I was in the last interview and I'm so tired of waiting everyday for it. I can't imagine how it must be for those in the first interviews. I need to know now!!

Just saw this, looks like its time to start checking the mail!
http://pharmdadmissions.ucsf.edu/

Have you sent notification letters yet?
Not yet. But we will tomorrow. Both admission offers and non-offer letters (also known as "denial letters".)

Will you send all letters out at the same time?
No. Just some -- both offer letters and denial letters.

OMG. Thank you for posting this! I guess people will start getting their mails on Saturday! :)

I'm from socal and I've been getting all my letters a week after they've been sent. So if I get a letter, it won't be until next week!! AHHHH So scary!!! :eek:

Good luck everyone!! :luck:

Very interesting......

I just got an emergency email from UCSF about Tsunami warning in WestCoast... Hmmm....

When was ur interview if you don't mind me asking...Mine was 1/28... I am really really hoping to get their answer tomorrow!

My interview was 2/5. If I'm in this round of mail being sent out today, I probably won't get it until next week. All my letters have been arriving a week or more after the postmark date. :eek:

My interview was 2/5. If I'm in this round of mail being sent out today, I probably won't get it until next week. All my letters have been arriving a week or more after the postmark date. :eek:

ditto :( though for the interview invite I think I would've received it 3 days after the postmark if post offices hadn't been closed for Christmas. :)
I'm guessing earliest possible SoCal people will hear will be Monday so I'm just going to enjoy my weekend and the lovely sunshine. :hardy:

I wish that UCSF WarnMe e-mail would be some indication, but they probably just sent it out to everyone who's been in their e-mail system. Oh well, at least UCSF cares about their applicants enough to warn them about tsunamis? :hungover:

My guess is that all the applicants who have started the financial aid process got the email. When you start to fill out the stuff on their website you get assigned a UCSF ID, and the WarnMe system emails everyone with an active UCSF ID.

I started reading into it too but I think this would explain it.

My guess is that all the applicants who have started the financial aid process got the email. When you start to fill out the stuff on their website you get assigned a UCSF ID, and the WarnMe system emails everyone with an active UCSF ID.

I started reading into it too but I think this would explain it.

I haven't started the financial aid process but still received the Tsunami warning email.

Haha I don't blame you. I would've come up with the same theory had I started the financial aid application.

Actually, maybe your theory's correct. The UCSF letter offering the interview that was sent out in December never made it to my house, straight up got lost in the mail. Anyway, I received an email from Sammie in early January asking why I haven't accepted or declined the interview so maybe that's why I'm in their email list. All this speculation and waiting is killing me. haha