University of Cincinnati c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I live in eastern kenetucky, and my acceptance was mailed on the 13th...

Yea mail here in Bowlling Green is stupid. It has to be sent to Louisville to be processed or something. It can easily take an extra 3-4 days for me to receive something.
For example: I trade cards online. Just last week someone in AZ and I traded cards and they were postmarked the same day but it took his cards an extra 3 days to reach me. It can be kinda frustrating when I'm waiting from something important!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

Were all of your letters postmarked on the 13th? And did any of you get the academic update email??

and congrats again!!!

Were all of your letters postmarked on the 13th? And did any of you get the academic update email??

and congrats again!!!

im not sure if all were postmarked then but no i did not get the academic update email......and i thank you star for your congrats

Members don't see this ad :)

and congrats again!!!

Mine was postmarked the 13th, and no, I did not receive the update email.

And thanks. Good luck to everybody who is still waiting, I look forward to meeting everyone :)

my letter was marked for march 11! so, anyone know why they want to go to uc?? i wasn't exactly impressed with the pharmacy school facilities, but one of the big reasons for me choosing the school was chldren's hospital and how it was a med school and nursing school close by. also, pharmaceutical companies. and such...

anyone know about the inside scoop of the school? and what's there to do in cincinnati? it def seemed like a nice city, but i still didn't know too much about it.

my letter was marked for march 11! so, anyone know why they want to go to uc?? i wasn't exactly impressed with the pharmacy school facilities, but one of the big reasons for me choosing the school was chldren's hospital and how it was a med school and nursing school close by. also, pharmaceutical companies. and such...

anyone know about the inside scoop of the school? and what's there to do in cincinnati? it def seemed like a nice city, but i still didn't know too much about it.

There's quite a bit to do in Cincinnati. Well, I guess that's relative to where you are now.

I'll agree with what ValeUC said. Cincinnati has really grown on me. There are alot of hidden gems to explore and discover.

As far as the school..There are much bigger reasons to choose UC. I'd suggest you spend some time reading some old threads and exploring UC's website. The wide availability of hospitals for rotations is a big plus and their alumni network is extremely tight knit.

I'll agree with what ValeUC said. Cincinnati has really grown on me. There are alot of hidden gems to explore and discover.

As far as the school..There are much bigger reasons to choose UC. I'd suggest you spend some time reading some old threads and exploring UC's website. The wide availability of hospitals for rotations is a big plus and their alumni network is extremely tight knit.

I like Mt. Adams.

Well I just sent my email update today. I wanted to wait to see what my ochem grade was before I submitted it. I have decided not to wait to schedule my surgery.... my knee is in bad shape. I figured I'd use the time off from work to study for Ochem. I got an A-, which I'm not going to be upset with at all......I survived and am showing that I can survive. Hope the Adcom sees it the same way.

Anyone who has sent there update, have you heard anything yet?

Well I just sent my email update today. I wanted to wait to see what my ochem grade was before I submitted it. I have decided not to wait to schedule my surgery.... my knee is in bad shape. I figured I'd use the time off from work to study for Ochem. I got an A-, which I'm not going to be upset with at all......I survived and am showing that I can survive. Hope the Adcom sees it the same way.

Anyone who has sent there update, have you heard anything yet?

I wish our ochem grades would get submitted. I'm still waiting. My scores have been on Blackboard for like four days, but nothing on the Registrar's website. I hate when they wait til the absolute deadline to submit grades.

Yeah me too..... I have tuition reimbursement to submit and I want to get that done tomorrow so it will process this week. My grade has been on BB since last Wednesday, the Calculus was added this morning. I figure she will be putting them on today or tomorrow. I'm more worried about it being "official" for my tuition reimbursement than for the pharmacy school. I did put a *note, Organic Chem grade not official on One Stop yet, but confirmed with professor* on my update.

Unfortunately I have to miss recitation week two of class for surgery. Awwwwww shucks:smuggrin: My first drop grade of the quarter!

Yup, got that after I got the confirmation email that my update had been added to my file. My new phrase is, hopefully I know something by the time I have my surgery (2 weeks from tomorrow).

I told my husband that the mail is very very important to me the next few weeks, between waiting on fmla forms and an admissions decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we shall find out soon.....either way, this week should give some of us answers.... or next week depending on the snail mail.

i hope u all get in....I know how big of a relief it is to know where i will be next fall....I hope to meet all of you....

Today sounds like it may be the day for some of you. Good luck you guys!

Well no news is good news....Just a junk mail day.....I wonder how long it will take to mail them out if they are meeting today. Friday?

Yeah, my mail tends to run late as well. must be a Cincinnati thing. When I replied earlier my mail had just run. They got here a little early today. Course it usually doesn't matter when it runs as long as its here when I get off from work. I just hope to hear something before next Thursday. It would stink for the info to come that day when I was put under that morning. :smuggrin:

Just checked mail, no news again

so my understanding was that they would sent out news on the first, now we are just waiting for the mail to arrive? Is that how everyone else understood the last update email?

ps this wait is driving me CRAZY!

The email said they would be making their decisions "on or around April 1st" so they may not have made their decisions yet. Could have been today or possibly tomorrow... maybe even some time next week.

Cincinnati mail is crazy slow. My acceptance letter was dated the Tuesday of the week and I didn't receive the letter til Saturday.

Same old song and dance......no news. I don't even know if they have mailed them out yet....but oh well, I shall stalk the mail man until I see something with UC logo on it.

This is driving me batty:eek: Nothing in the mail today!

I got mine today. Waitlisted, rank #18. It confuses me, really. I got into a top 5 school on the first round... but waitlisted #18 at Cincinnati? I am truly vexed by their entire admissions process.

interviews and admissions are subjective things. every school has their idea of what fits best. we got pretty deep into that when i was interviewing at NEOUCOP since they have you pretty much in medical school your 1st year. UC's process was a little more limited with interactions and learning more about them..

plus 18 isnt bad right? What was the stat from last year...180 invites to fill 96 seats?

interviews and admissions are subjective things. every school has their idea of what fits best. we got pretty deep into that when i was interviewing at NEOUCOP since they have you pretty much in medical school your 1st year. UC's process was a little more limited with interactions and learning more about them..

plus 18 isnt bad right? What was the stat from last year...180 invites to fill 96 seats?

Well, I'm certainly not waiting for 18 people to turn down UC to start my planning process to move to Lexington. UK was my "dream school" that I thought I had no chance of getting in, UC is my convenience school. It's close and cheap. If, by some miracle, all of these individuals drop within the next two to three weeks, my plans MAY change but anything after that, oh well.

Hello everyone I got placed third on the alternate list..what did everyone else get? anyone who is the number one or two spot?

hey all... i live in wisconsin... since you guys got your letters yesterday... I will be stalking the mailman today! But anyone get acceptance?? Denial? Or did everyone just get a wait list number?

and congrats #3! I bet you'll be in!

I still have no news.....nothing in the mail....I don't know what any of this means :scared: Guess I need to start planning for fall classes of Anatomy & Physiology as well as Public Speaking and an economics class so I can apply to more schools. The main thing I'm worried about is having to start over an undergrad degree due to "expiration" of credits.

I still have no news.....nothing in the mail....I don't know what any of this means :scared: Guess I need to start planning for fall classes of Anatomy & Physiology as well as Public Speaking and an economics class so I can apply to more schools. The main thing I'm worried about is having to start over an undergrad degree due to "expiration" of credits.

I can't believe you still haven't received your letter yet. I was sure you'd have gotten in by now.

I still haven't gotten mine either. The mail in my town is really slow but I mean I only live like 4 hours away. I'm expecting it to come in today. If it doesn't I may very well just call and tell them I'm having issues with my mail and ask if they can just email me my response.

I still don't have a letter today. I'm tempted to email them, but by the time I would get a response I wouldn't be coherent enough to understand it (surgery in the morning). Wonder if that means instead of a waitlist number if I'm in or out (remember the status emails!) Oh well, no sense worrying about it tonight.....It's not like I could have a midnight Ben and Jerry's moment even if I wanted too:laugh:

bokenkotterr I just found out i am #2! i will be sure to post if i hear anything... do you know if they are going to call or email if we get a spot??

bokenkotterr I just found out i am #2! i will be sure to post if i hear anything... do you know if they are going to call or email if we get a spot??

congratulations! be sure to let me know when you hear so i can know im next! my sister was 13 and she got in a few years ago. i hear they normally go to at least number 20, but idk i think they would call us cause thats what they did with my sister.

congratulations! be sure to let me know when you hear so i can know im next! my sister was 13 and she got in a few years ago. i hear they normally go to at least number 20, but idk i think they would call us cause thats what they did with my sister.

How long before your sister found out she got in? Did a lot of the waitlisters find out when the deposits were due?

How long before your sister found out she got in? Did a lot of the waitlisters find out when the deposits were due?

she found out like a month after she found out where she was on the waiting list. i think they have amonth to put their deposits down so it sounds like she heard after they were do.

boken, star, I don't think you all have much to worry about at all. so many people apply to so many places and can only go to one. I know several that are planning to accept this year, so I doubt there will be nearly as many offers as there were last year, but I'd say the first 20 is a safe guesstimate. The ones at the top may know sooner since some won't wait the full month to turn down the offer.

Vale, I really don't know how to take the lack of a response. Hopefully I will find out soon enough. I figured we would all get our letters around the same time. Mail should run here in an hour or two. As my friends say, its not a no, until I see the no!

As a surgery update, I am home, propped up on the recliner, and fairly coherent. All went well and I should be crutchless within 2 weeks:) I'm glad I got it done now, I'm looking forward to lots of study time!

Wonder if that means instead of a waitlist number if I'm in or out (remember the status emails!)

I am in the same boat. I have not heard anything from them. I gut is telling me that I am either going to be accepted or rejected and the waitlist letters have already been sent out.

:bang: So mail comes, and its not our mail, its our neighbors!!!!!! So I have no clue about anything now.....my mom is going over to the neighbors to see if any of them has our mail....I just sent an email, hopefully I'll have some clue on Monday.

Got waitlisted, #26, im giving up my spot.