University of Cincinnati c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. I'm pretty sure they still have interviews going. I think there was at least one person on here that had an interview this weekend. They told me in the interview that it would be late March.

I just had my interview on 03/07 and they said that they were in the "tail end" of their interviews. Im guessing that this past weekend or next weekend is the last of the interviews and my interviewer told me that we should hear from them in about 3-4 weeks with with either a acceptance, rejection, or a waitlist position.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for all the updates everyone. Guess I should just buckle down and focus on my exams since I probably won't be hearing anything until after spring break.

This has easily been the longest quarter of school I have ever had.

I just had my interview on 03/07 and they said that they were in the "tail end" of their interviews. Im guessing that this past weekend or next weekend is the last of the interviews and my interviewer told me that we should hear from them in about 3-4 weeks with with either a acceptance, rejection, or a waitlist position.

That would put us in the end of March, beginning of April...........I feel like a broken recorder. "No, haven't heard anything, check back with me in April. I may not even know that much then......"

That would put us in the end of March, beginning of April...........I feel like a broken recorder. "No, haven't heard anything, check back with me in April. I may not even know that much then......"

Lol yeah. Every time I talk to someone I haven't seen in a few days, it's "have you heard anything from Cincinnati?" and I keep saying, "nope, I probably won't find out til the end of March."

Im pretty sure there is 96 spots available for this upcoming class because when I took my tour I notice that the max capacity for the P1 room is 99. I already know one person that got accepted so I guess there are 95 left.

so I called Emmy last week to get an update. She said this past weekend was their last weekend of interviewing... so thoes should be done by now! She also said that we would prob hear sometime in March. (I kinda assumed like next week, since inteviews are done-- but if they told ppl 3-4wk... thats a looooooooooong wait still).

hopefully we hear soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard of a few people getting rejection letters recently, but none of them had been invited to interview.

Got an email today saying my file is under review and that everyone should hear from them by the end of march.

Got an email today saying my file is under review and that everyone should hear from them by the end of march.

Did you send an email to them first asking about your current status, or was it just a random email?

Same here. It was a random email that I just got. It asks for Winter Quarter grades... too bad they won't be out until the end of March. Doesn't seem like it will help much with a decision.

Same here. It was a random email that I just got. It asks for Winter Quarter grades... too bad they won't be out until the end of March. Doesn't seem like it will help much with a decision.

I wonder if it's a good or a bad thing to have not received that email yet...

Wow, some actual activity.

I received the same email saying my file is under review and that if I have any updates (Grades, activities, extra curricular) that I should turn them in at this time. Even though grades won't be posted, I am fairly sure of what I'm going to get in calc and will know ochem by next wednesday (Already at a guaranteed C before the final, will probably end up with a B because NMR spectra killed me this quarter, but a lot of people risk failing this quarter so am clueless on that one for sure!). I think a brief update letter would be appropriate since I do have an update on the ec front that I totally skipped out on in my application.

On a scary note, I may have to have knee surgery so I kind of hope the decision comes soon because I will have to make my plans around my future (I may have to change jobs if I get in, so vacation time and insurance is a big issue)........

I forgot, there was a "rejected letter" post in the Rejected thread, so some of those are starting to come out.

My heart almost stopped today when I saw a U of C letter in my mailbox, then I realized it was from the Raymond Walters campus so I knew it was about the online class I'm taking this quarter (well half online, half class time)

On a scary note, I may have to have knee surgery so I kind of hope the decision comes soon because I will have to make my plans around my future (I may have to change jobs if I get in, so vacation time and insurance is a big issue)........

Good Luck on your surgery....Hope your potential acceptance letter can speed up the recovery.

Thanks.....it sounds crazy, but with a potential job switch if I get in, its a major concern.

I forgot, there was a "rejected letter" post in the Rejected thread, so some of those are starting to come out.

My heart almost stopped today when I saw a U of C letter in my mailbox, then I realized it was from the Raymond Walters campus so I knew it was about the online class I'm taking this quarter (well half online, half class time)

If I don't make it this year I'll probably be taking some summer classes at RWC, might run into you then. Hopefully we'll both meet in September though, as well as the rest of you. Good luck with that surgery btw.

Hoping for a status update email today :xf:

Sooooo its not a guarantee that everyone received that update email? And is anyone going to give them anything, I have actually done nothing this past quarter except for the stuff I have been doing for the past 2yrs so I have nothing new to turn in. Does anyone have anything new to turn in?

Sooooo its not a guarantee that everyone received that update email? And is anyone going to give them anything, I have actually done nothing this past quarter except for the stuff I have been doing for the past 2yrs so I have nothing new to turn in. Does anyone have anything new to turn in?

I haven't received the update email yet. I'd be interested in hearing from those who have gone through this process before whether or not this email is important...they way I see it it could mean a few things if you have not received it yet:

1.) They are going through applications every day and when they look at one and want more information they send out the email.
2.) Maybe it means you've been rejected...
3.) Maybe you are outright accepted and they don't need to send you the email.

Just speculation....

I would not have anything new to report to them except I have been reading some books on leadership, but I don't think that counts.

I wish i knew y? i havent recieved an update letter.....I just really want to be accepted.

It appears that involvement in any sort of school activity, specifically track, orchestra, etc, gets you an automatic in. Again, just rumor mill, but apparently someone had a ~2.7 GPA, mediocre PCAT ~50, and is a member of the UC orchestra got in early decision.

A few others I know personally who have decent GPAs and mediocre PCAT scores, are members of the track team, got in early decision.

It appears that involvement in any sort of school activity, specifically track, orchestra, etc, gets you an automatic in. Again, just rumor mill, but apparently someone had a ~2.7 GPA, mediocre PCAT ~50, and is a member of the UC orchestra got in early decision.

A few others I know personally who have decent GPAs and mediocre PCAT scores, are members of the track team, got in early decision.

I never knew that UC had an early decision. Are you sure that is enitrely accurate.

Well, hope it is just rumor mill. I worked too hard to be beat by somebody only because they run track...

I just asked Emmy if the process would still be underway when UC winter quarter grades come out. This is her reply:

We will be making decisions after UC has posted final Winter grades, so we will access your grades before we make a decision. No need to submit them to us.

As far as the track people, someone I know made a comment saying "you're in as long as you run track" and this was before I had ever mentioned anything. Could be a coincidence but it may be more true that some of us want to believe.

Vale, thanks for the update from Emmy's email. From what I am understanding, the email update request is a good thing..........A friend of mine thats in the pharmacy school was going to ask around and see what she could find out. Her gut feeling is that its a good sign. Its mine as well since at the bottom it stated that if you aren't considering uc, to let her know (probably so she can send out another set of status emails!!!!!)

Guess when I need a study break I'll be working on my update!!!

so i guess its a bad thing that i didnt receive a status letter

Hey Guys! I just want to wish you all a good break (if you're on break) =) I'm assuming we'll find out their decisions soon-ish....so we might as well enjoy our break and hope for the best!

Last edited:
Got my acceptance today I'm so excited. Didn't receive a status letter guess it was a good thing

wahoo :) Congrats everyone! I'm excited to be classmates.

I also got my acceptance letter today :). I'm really happy but I have to figure out where I will be going, UC or UK

Congrats to everyone who got letters.............I'll just have to wait to see what kind of letter I get! Guess it won't be an acceptance....:(

Congrats to everyone who got letters.............I'll just have to wait to see what kind of letter I get! Guess it won't be an acceptance....:(

I wouldn't get down so soon. To everyone who got acceptance letters: Where do you live? The mail will take a day or two longer to reach those of us who live further away from Cinci

I wouldn't get down so soon. To everyone who got acceptance letters: Where do you live? The mail will take a day or two longer to reach those of us who live further away from Cinci

I live in eastern kenetucky, and my acceptance was mailed on the 13th...