2018 University of Cincinnati SOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview today and they said only ~50 offers have been sent out and obviously not all have been accepted. So I wouldn't think so
I interviewed 1/31 too. What time did you interview? Have you heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have an updated list of people been accepted and confirmed their acceptance? The Facebook page only has 39 members so is that an updated list? Or have more people been accepted and confirmed their acceptance?

Interviewed 1/31, 3.1 GPA with a 81 PCAT and over 4 years of pharmacy experience and a lot of extracurricular and leadership experience. Anyone know if I should start looking else where or hold on a little longer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea on how many students have been accepted so far? It is the middle of march and I remember the coordinator said at the interview that if we don't hear anything by April, then we won't have much of chance anymore.

Does anyone have any idea on how many students have been accepted so far? It is the middle of march and I remember the coordinator said at the interview that if we don't hear anything by April, then we won't have much of chance anymore.

I dont know exactly how many people have been accepted so far, but the facebook group for the UC Pharmacy class of 2018 has 49 members. Im guessing that there are probably more people that have been accepted and haven't joined the facebook group for some reason, but i am also staying optimistic and saying that there are still a good amount of seats available.

I think I read in an email that all applicants will be notified of their decision by April 15, so if we don't hear back from UC until then, then im guessing we will probably be put on the waitlist or denied.

I was put on the waitlist last year at the very bottom and so it was practically denial. I think I bombed both of the interviews, last year and this year :(. Maybe Pharmacy is not meant for me. How did you guys do on your interviews?

I was put on the waitlist last year at the very bottom and so it was practically denial. I think I bombed both of the interviews, last year and this year :(. Maybe Pharmacy is not meant for me. How did you guys do on your interviews?
I think as far as the interview goes. it is hard to tell whether you had a good one or not just because it was so laid back. I am not even sure if I bombed it or not. If you guys dont get in this year, what are your plans next?

I know that I bombed them and screwed up my chances because I have very good GPA and PCAT score, and I do have some volunteer work in the field. I might go back to school to get a BS in Biology and forget about Pharmacy altogether. Even though I did good on PCAT, I don't want to take it again. It's too stressful studying for it.

Anyway, I want to ask you guys this. Last year when I requested Corrine to have a one on one meeting so that I could learn how to improve my chances for the next cycle, she replied that she would love to when I did not get in from the waitlist. But after school started, I contacted her again, I actually emailed her twice but she did not give me any response whatsoever and so I just gave up and tried to figure out myself. I actually feel like I was ignored and my genuine interest was not respected. I wonder if Corrine did not do her job well when she failed to offer prospective students admissions information. Is it one of her responsibilities to meet with students like me?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyway, I want to ask you guys this. Last year when I requested Corrine to have a one on one meeting so that I could learn how to improve my chances for the next cycle, she replied that she would love to when I did not get in from the waitlist. But after school started, I contacted her again, I actually emailed her twice but she did not give me any response whatsoever and so I just gave up and tried to figure out myself. I actually feel like I was ignored and my genuine interest was not respected. I wonder if Corrine did not do her job well when she failed to offer prospective students admissions information. Is it one of her responsibilities to meet with students like me?
She's been slacking

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that I bombed them and screwed up my chances because I have very good GPA and PCAT score, and I do have some volunteer work in the field. I might go back to school to get a BS in Biology and forget about Pharmacy altogether. Even though I did good on PCAT, I don't want to take it again. It's too stressful studying for it.
Did u have the same GPA and PCAT score last year you applied? If so, with your good stats and experience, I cannot think of a reason why they would not accept you. I don't think a bad interview would ruin your chance if your PCAT score and GPA are good and I don't think a good interview can save you if you don't do well in school and on the test. However, I did see someone on the forum few years ago got in with like a 3.4 GPA and a PCAT score in the 60s. That is what I don't get. I already think I won't get in because I don't have any experience in the field and my PCAT score was bad. So I am going to try to work in the pharmacy in the summer.

She should be able to help you. She has a lot to do and I would understand sometimes she might not get back to u soon enough. Try to give her a call and leave her message if you can. I know this process can be difficult and discouraging, but it will be worth it. If you did well in school and on the PCAT then obviously you have the potential for a pharmacist. Don't give up, nobody should care about your future more than u do. If u truly want to be a pharmacist, try again. I think I will be going through the same process in the future. Just keep trying...

Reactions: 1 user
Your PCAT score is usually good for a number of years, you wouldn't need to retake it. Keep your head up everyone, I did not have a good PCAT score, but I did have a decent GPA and good interview and was accepted. Try not to stress out!

Reactions: 1 users
I dont know exactly how many people have been accepted so far, but the facebook group for the UC Pharmacy class of 2018 has 49 members. Im guessing that there are probably more people that have been accepted and haven't joined the facebook group for some reason, but i am also staying optimistic and saying that there are still a good amount of seats available.

I think I read in an email that all applicants will be notified of their decision by April 15, so if we don't hear back from UC until then, then im guessing we will probably be put on the waitlist or denied.

I am super late on replying, but I was wait listed last year. I was number 29, and I found out April 15th. If you received an interview, you will not get denied. You will receive on email on April 15th telling you where on the wait list you are, if you have not been accepted by then. You will either get a number (maybe 1-40 or 50) or they will tell you that you are second tier wait list.

Corrine has always been very helpful with me. I met with her this year to discuss ways to better my chances of being accepted, and at first, I received an email that she was out of the office and to email Andrea Wall? I don't know if maybe the automated message malfunctioned for you. She was on maternity leave until almost October of 2013, so you might have just missed her. I know she is very busy, so maybe just try to call her?

Did u have the same GPA and PCAT score last year you applied? If so, with your good stats and experience, I cannot think of a reason why they would not accept you. I don't think a bad interview would ruin your chance if your PCAT score and GPA are good and I don't think a good interview can save you if you don't do well in school and on the test. However, I did see someone on the forum few years ago got in with like a 3.4 GPA and a PCAT score in the 60s. That is what I don't get. I already think I won't get in because I don't have any experience in the field and my PCAT score was bad. So I am going to try to work in the pharmacy in the summer.
I'm not in school right now and I did not retake PCAT and so yes my GPA and PCAT score are still the same. I'm a nontraditional student and have a family to take care of, therefore, I went through a lot to get where I am now. All I need is luck I guess. If you want to volunteer in the pharmacy somewhere, I would recommend Bethesda North hospital cause I have been volunteering there for almost 2 years now; and as far as I know they are in need of some volunteers now. People in there are very nice and appreciative.

Corrine has always been very helpful with me. I met with her this year to discuss ways to better my chances of being accepted, and at first, I received an email that she was out of the office and to email Andrea Wall? I don't know if maybe the automated message malfunctioned for you. She was on maternity leave until almost October of 2013, so you might have just missed her. I know she is very busy, so maybe just try to call her?
Oh, I had no idea that she was on maternity leave last year. I did receive the message and it said that she would be back after school started if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the info anyway.

Your PCAT score is usually good for a number of years, you wouldn't need to retake it. Keep your head up everyone, I did not have a good PCAT score, but I did have a decent GPA and good interview and was accepted. Try not to stress out!
They do not take scores prior to July 2012 for this cycle. I took the test in Sept. 2012 and so hopefully it will still be ok for the next cycle. Congrats to you anyway!

I'm not in school right now and I did not retake PCAT and so yes my GPA and PCAT score are still the same. I'm a nontraditional student and have a family to take care of, therefore, I went through a lot to get where I am now. All I need is luck I guess. If you want to volunteer in the pharmacy somewhere, I would recommend Bethesda North hospital cause I have been volunteering there for almost 2 years now; and as far as I know they are in need of some volunteers now. People in there are very nice and appreciative.
I am also a nontraditional student. My son is turning 4 this April and I have been to this country for 8 years now. I had to try much harder than other students to just be on the same level. Even then, my PCAT score is still low because my verbal and reading. I think at some point, it is really up to the interviewer to see the quality in you and understand your struggles. But if they dont, that's OK too. But dont yourself up on this, you will be OK. I am too still waiting. But I am not going to put my life on hold for this. Do what you need to do to better yourself in the mean time.

Did you have any experience in pharmacy? I really dont know what they really look for in a student. Obviously someone with good PCAT score and GPA and also experience, but how come some people with those qualities still have not been accepted yet?

I am also a nontraditional student. My son is turning 4 this April and I have been to this country for 8 years now. I had to try much harder than other students to just be on the same level. Even then, my PCAT score is still low because my verbal and reading. I think at some point, it is really up to the interviewer to see the quality in you and understand your struggles. But if they dont, that's OK too. But dont yourself up on this, you will be OK. I am too still waiting. But I am not going to put my life on hold for this. Do what you need to do to better yourself in the mean time.
We are on the same boat then. I have 2 little girls and been here in the US for almost 10 years now. You are right! No matter what, we need to keep on moving and trying. Thanks for your encouragement! It's just what I needed. Who knows.. We might be lucky. Good luck to you!

Same here. I also had to work hard with three kids

I want to ask anyone who is or had worked as a pharmacy tech, how did you find the job? I am literally calling 30 pharmacies and non of them are hiring. Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks.

I want to ask anyone who is or had worked as a pharmacy tech, how did you find the job? I am literally calling 30 pharmacies and non of them are hiring. Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks.
I just walked in and filled out an app. That was it

Oh, I had no idea that she was on maternity leave last year. I did receive the message and it said that she would be back after school started if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the info anyway.

Yes, she was back sometime in late September or early October. I had to email her again after I had gotten the message, so I just waited until school started because I had met Corrine and did not know Andrea Wall that well. Anyway, good luck to anyone who is still waiting and don't lose hope! I know people who were accepted right before the wait list came out last year!

I just walked in and filled out an app. That was it
How long did you have to wait before an interview? I really need a job before this summer so I can know if I am taking summer classes or not. So hard with all the day care and scheduling. :(

How long did you have to wait before an interview? I really need a job before this summer so I can know if I am taking summer classes or not. So hard with all the day care and scheduling. :(
It was like two years ago but I believe it was only like a week before I got an interview and shortly after I started.

Did you have any experience in pharmacy? I really dont know what they really look for in a student. Obviously someone with good PCAT score and GPA and also experience, but how come some people with those qualities still have not been accepted yet?

I work for a pharmaceutical manufacturing company but not a pharmacy/hospital itself...I think most people who were given an interview had a good GPA, PCAT and experience, which it ultimately comes down to how well the interview went and whether or not the people you interviewed with thought you would be a good fit for the program..Im sure the essays and reference letters were super important too

For people who are applying for UC for the second time. Do you know if my PCAT score ( taken in Sep,2013) will be good for next year? And do I need to submit another 3 recommendation letters and redo all my essays for pharm cas next year if I applied? Thank u.

I am super late on replying, but I was wait listed last year. I was number 29, and I found out April 15th. If you received an interview, you will not get denied. You will receive on email on April 15th telling you where on the wait list you are, if you have not been accepted by then. You will either get a number (maybe 1-40 or 50) or they will tell you that you are second tier wait list.
Hi. You said you were wait listed last year but you did have a good pcat score, gpa and work experience. Can I ask why do you think you were wait listed last year and what did u do differently this year that got u accepted?

Does anyone know the stats of how many are taken off the wait list from the last few years? I understand that it varies, but I would like to have a ballpark figure.

I think someone said only one person was taken off the wait list. The thing is only 56 people are members of the facebook page and there are a little over 100 people for the previous years. I am not sure if people just havent join yet.

Just found out that I'm at #11. Hopefully the situation will be different this year. I'm surprised that they are quite early this year in announcing the list. I had to wait till the very last day to learn of my "fate" last year.

Just found out that I'm at #11. Hopefully the situation will be different this year. I'm surprised that they are quite early this year in announcing the list. I had to wait till the very last day to learn of my "fate" last year.
I do really hope you get in. It has been a long journey for you.

For people who are applying for UC for the second time. Do you know if my PCAT score ( taken in Sep,2013) will be good for next year? And do I need to submit another 3 recommendation letters and redo all my essays for pharm cas next year if I applied? Thank u.
PCAT and essays will be fine to reuse but you'll have to get new rec. letters

I think someone said only one person was taken off the wait list. The thing is only 56 people are members of the facebook page and there are a little over 100 people for the previous years. I am not sure if people just havent join yet.
Yeah they either didn't join yet or don't have a Facebook account

I wonder if we can ask Corrine about the number of accepted students as of this point. Anyone think that's a good idea?

Reactions: 1 user
PCAT and essays will be fine to reuse but you'll have to get new rec. letters
Oh that sucks. I am going to be so embarrassed if I need to ask them for a third time if I dont get in next year.

Can u do that favor for all of us? :happy:
I'm kinda scared to find out though. Sometimes it's better not knowing. I'm afraid that they might have accepted more people then we might not have much chance.