University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
even i got it , and it means , that our sweet jane miller has sent out 38 interview letters to those who have got selected for the may 19 interview and she will be sending the remaining letter in a couple of days. she will be sending it only by post no emails i have conformed this from her .... so people wait for the postman....:):)

Members don't see this ad.

Me too got the same mail. yeah its not clear whether she has sent the mails to everyone or just to the ones who's names r not in the frist 38 .Any way i guess have to wait n see. keeping my fingers crossed .

good luck to everyone here waiting for colorado interview!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

do you mind to post you stat so we could see who do they invite ?

mine:
part I - 84
part II - 84
Toefl iBT- 105
GPA - 3.41

We are all a curious lot.. aren't we.
It is sent to all. Relax.. I am guessing it would be USPS and not UPS or FedEx. And she won't be putting them in mail box herself.. it has to go through the school mailing service and who knows when they will be actually in a mail box.

Hi every body
Jane told me she will email interviewees after sending out letters

even i got this mail i thought few of u must have got interview call but everybody i think has got same mail i dunno wat that means.......lets keep r fingers crossed ...has anybody got any mail other than this :confused:

part 1 : 92
part 2 : not given
toefl : 297
gpa : 3.95

Does any body get any news for interviews?

hi everyone, i don't post too much but because everybody is so frustrated i just wanted to say jane emailed me and said she had send me the interview letter on friday. i haven't received the letter yet. so probebly some of you would get the same email soon. goodluck to all of us we all need that:luck:

congratulations dido79, can u plz post ur stats

congratulations on the interview call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi dido79,
congratulations for interview call.Can u tell me what was written in the email u recieved from jane miller..........

hi guys, long time no talk. i have been studying to retake part i and ii and it has been crazy
anyways i got interview letter on tuesday and i spoke with jane miller yesterday. she said the emails we are getting are sent out to every applicant with complete files. here is the clarification for those who are confused-she mailed out 38 interview letters friday, because that is the only names she received from the admission committee. the rest is going out this week i guess so everyone needs to wait for their mailman. my interview letter just had the date and that follow up package will be sent upon confirmation. i can post the bench exam information if anyone would liek to see it. well. take care. for now. bye.

Jane's email at 11 AM today.
---------
Finally, the list is out and the interview letters are being printed as I am drafting this email~
All interview letters will be out by 3 pm today, and the rest will go out no later than tomorrow…
For clarification, please note the interview letters are official letters that will be delivered by postal services…
Unfortunately, for security purposes under University policy, I cannot send these letters via email or give out status information over the phone/email…

Once again, I would like to thank you for all your patience and understanding.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me for further questions or concerns.
---------
Good luck to everyone.

hi and thanks for your congrats. well my stats are :
nbde part 1 95, toefl ibt 113, gpa 3.72 and 1 year of working experiance.
jane emaild me to see if i confirm the interview and also she send some information on the practical exam of last year. she said this year's will be the same. may be a little different. they expect us to prepare a gold crown and an amalgam class 2 and a wax up but she said tooth no. may differ this year last year it was 3 and 19. hope thats helpful :luck:

Anybody received interview invitation by post so far?????

Hello All,
I am an ISP student who will be graduating this year. Jane wanted me to post the last year hand skills guidelines. She said that there may be few changes but she is not sure. She authorised to post this message and again this is just a guideline from last year.
Dr. Harvan's philosophy of letting the candidate know the guidelines before the hand skills interview is that.. if you can prepare well for the exam, do well and get selected ,,you will be a good candidate to learn at school. The guidelines are as follows:

International Student Program
Handskills Examination 2007

Requirements: We will supply materials needed, except if you have a favorite bur or waxing instrument, you may bring it so. If you wear loupes, please bring them to the exam.

Materials Provided

1. Electric hand piece

Note: we only have electric handpieces mounted at the Sim Lab station and there are no adaptors available for air driven handpieces. You will not be able to use your own handpiece.

2. Burs
a. Diamonds

i. 856-018 Chamfer bur
ii. 856-021Chamfer bur
iii. 379-023 football bur
b. Carbides

i. 330 pear shaped
ii. 556 cylinder shaped
iii. 2 round bur

3. waxing instrument

a. Hatch Carver – has one side heat element and the other a carver.
b. Wax

4. Mirror & explorer - # 5 both

Clinical and Radiographic Conditions: (tooth numbers to be announced on the day of the exam)

Amalgam preparation

This tooth shows caries in the mesial, central, and distal pits extending to the DEJ radiographically. Between the pits, a carious fissure exists with evidence of enamel undermining all along with caries to the DEJ in these areas also. The buccal, lingual and distobuccal fissures are carious up to a point half way between the central fissures and the adjacent cusp ridges. The grooves of the mesial and distal triangular fossa are undermined by caries in the adjacent pits necessitating slight extension to remove all undermined enamel and to remove all caries.
There is decay on the mesial proximal surface just gingival to the contact. There is cavitation and the caries has penetrated to the DEJ with slight spread of caries into the dentin. The caries is as wide buccal to lingual as is the contact. The caries is located directly inline and just gingival to the contact. The amount of cavitation requires surgical intervention and restoration with amalgam.

Full Gold Crown Preparation

This patient is in need of a full gold crown due to extensive caries that have been removed and restored with a pin retained foundation amalgam restoration

Preparation guidelines for the International Student Program hand-skills exercise.

Criteria for Amalgam Preparation

1. The preparation should be approximately 1.5 mm. deep at the pulpal floor.
2. The preparation should be approximately 1.5 mm. deep at the mesial axial wall.
3. The buccal, lingual, and gingival extensions of the mesial box must be free of contact with the adjacent tooth.
4. The cavosurface margins should be near 90°, with no unsupported enamel.
5. The walls should be near parallel or slightly undercut in order to provide mechanical retention for the alloy
6. Retention grooves may be optionally placed in the buccal and lingual walls at the bucco-axial and linguo-axial line angles.
7. Extensions of the occlusal outline are as described in the clinical conditions.

Criteria for the Full Cast Crown preparation

1. The occlusal reduction should provide for 1.5-2 mm. of clearance from the opposing occlusal surfaces.
2. The occlusal reduction should generally preserve the occlusal anatomy of the tooth, providing for uniform reduction.
3. The axial walls should be free from undercuts and tapered approximately 8-10 degrees from the long axis of the tooth.
4. The finish line should be a chamfer profile, equal in diameter to 1/2 the diameter of the largest chamfer diamond that you are provided.
5. The finish line should be between 0.5 mm. and 1.0 mm. coronal to the free gingival margin and follow the contour of the free gingival margin.

Infection Control

1. Gloves, masks, and protective eyewear must be worn at all times when working with the simulated patient. It is not necessary to sterilize instruments in order to complete this exercise.
All participants will be assigned an identification number that the applicant will place on each project. Only the Director will have access to the name associated with the number. If the identification number is not entered on each project, you will not get credit for the examination.

Practical Examination - The session will be devoted to assessing your skills in Restorative Dentistry. The purpose of the examination is to allow you the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of and ability to perform basic restorative dentistry procedures. There will be two parts to this examination; the first part will be the preparation of selected teeth, the second part will be a waxing exercise.

Your examination will be the preparation of a proximo-occlusal Class II cavity and a full gold crown preparation. The teeth to be used will be provided on the day of the examination and the exam will be performed on a school owned dentoform that will be mounted in the simulator. The School uses Kilgore model 200 dentoforms. The exam will be conducted as follows:

1. You will have 3 hours for this examination.

2. This exam is to be conducted with the dentoform properly mounted in the simulator and in the correct operating position at all times. Working on teeth out of the simulator and/or dentoform will result in immediate failure of the examination.

3. When you have completed all the preparations to your satisfaction, return the dentoform to the front of the room and you will be free to proceed to the waxing exercise.

4. Waxing exercise will consist of two projects that will be detailed at the morning orientation.

5. After completing the waxing exercise to your satisfaction the project will be turned in to the examination proctor and you may leave.

6. Please remember you will have 3 hours to complete this examination.

Hope this helps.

Till now only two students have written about getting interview letter what about rest 28...........

Amdock
Thank you for posting the guidelines. I am preparing well for the Exam.

How many of you got interview letter so far????????

I am away for weekend so I dont know if it is in my mailbox?Am so anxious !!:eek:

hey ladies and gentlemen,
so looks like the dates for the interview are either may 19th or june 9th.....let me know whose going on which day....good luck

Hi everyone,
only two people have told of getting interviews.where are all the others.please reply.

I am stil waiting, I don't know if invitations letters and declined letter has been sent out at the same time or declined letters will be sent later.
If anybody else has recieved interviiew letters please post.
Thanks

Hi Rojas,
did you get the interview call too?Could you please tell when you received it ,and for which batch?

i called jane miller .she told that all interview letters are sent on thurs and fri ie 19 and 20th. I dont know whats happening........confused

What is there to be confused about?
she sent an email saying all interview letters are sent out.
i just talked to her today and she is in process of sending out rejection letters.

What is there to be confused about?
she sent an email saying all interview letters are sent out.
i just talked to her today and she is in process of sending out rejection letters.

Hi totojjang,
yourself and dido79 are the only people who have told about receiving the interview call.Where do you live .I am asking this because everybody else seems to be waiting while you guyz received them just two days from the day jane miller gave her email.

Hi totojjang,
yourself and dido79 are the only people who have told about receiving the interview call.Where do you live .I am asking this because everybody else seems to be waiting while you guyz received them just two days from the day jane miller gave her email.

I believe that they are more than 2 people who received the invitation.I received already some emails asking if I want to share the hotel room . (from two girls and from one boy!!!!!!!!:laugh: . I miss only the invitation letter !
Don`t worry ,we will receive soon !

Thats hilarious...drabc...:laugh: ...but thanks for letting all know...after all this community is to share and also give support to others who are waiting..but guess people are more concerned with preps :rolleyes: who have recieved the interview that they do not find few minutes to share info...any how how does tht matter it is just a matter of time,
good luck to allllllllllllllll

Ok,,, I believe Im among the group that will be intreviewed in june 9th.... will recieve my intreview letter soon....

GPA: 3.10
NBDE1 : 88
NBDE2 : not yet!
Toefl ibt: 104

Dentist79 , where u at in cali? im in north orange county/ fullerton.

do u guys know any link that shows how to prepare the full gold crown on #3 and the MO amalgum on #19?
good luck for everybody.

Ok,,, I believe Im among the group that will be intreviewed in june 9th.... will recieve my intreview letter soon....

NBDE1 : 88

Dentist79 , where u at in cali? im in north orange county/ fullerton.

and good luck for everybody.

Hi Ethos,
did you get the interview call for the 9th or is it your expectation?and please tell me if your gpa is a WES or ECE evaluation.I am asking thig this because I have the same kind of stats and I haven't received the letter yet.

wow ....its so funny to see this post since iam already an isp student in my last year here in colorado ....lol !!!....it reminded me of the horrible days i had before!
hey ethos ....good luch .....will see you in june ! damn ....u r everywhere!

samir (jordan)

hey , let me guess .....is that andre ?!

Hello All,
I am an ISP student who will be graduating this year. Jane wanted me to post the last year hand skills guidelines. She said that there may be few changes but she is not sure. She authorised to post this message and again this is just a guideline from last year.
Dr. Harvan's philosophy of letting the candidate know the guidelines before the hand skills interview is that.. if you can prepare well for the exam, do well and get selected ,,you will be a good candidate to learn at school. The guidelines are as follows:

International Student Program
Handskills Examination 2007

Requirements: We will supply materials needed, except if you have a favorite bur or waxing instrument, you may bring it so. If you wear loupes, please bring them to the exam.

Materials Provided

1. Electric hand piece

Note: we only have electric handpieces mounted at the Sim Lab station and there are no adaptors available for air driven handpieces. You will not be able to use your own handpiece.

2. Burs
a. Diamonds

i. 856-018 Chamfer bur
ii. 856-021Chamfer bur
iii. 379-023 football bur
b. Carbides

i. 330 pear shaped
ii. 556 cylinder shaped
iii. 2 round bur

3. waxing instrument

a. Hatch Carver – has one side heat element and the other a carver.
b. Wax

4. Mirror & explorer - # 5 both

Clinical and Radiographic Conditions: (tooth numbers to be announced on the day of the exam)

Amalgam preparation

This tooth shows caries in the mesial, central, and distal pits extending to the DEJ radiographically. Between the pits, a carious fissure exists with evidence of enamel undermining all along with caries to the DEJ in these areas also. The buccal, lingual and distobuccal fissures are carious up to a point half way between the central fissures and the adjacent cusp ridges. The grooves of the mesial and distal triangular fossa are undermined by caries in the adjacent pits necessitating slight extension to remove all undermined enamel and to remove all caries.
There is decay on the mesial proximal surface just gingival to the contact. There is cavitation and the caries has penetrated to the DEJ with slight spread of caries into the dentin. The caries is as wide buccal to lingual as is the contact. The caries is located directly inline and just gingival to the contact. The amount of cavitation requires surgical intervention and restoration with amalgam.

Full Gold Crown Preparation

This patient is in need of a full gold crown due to extensive caries that have been removed and restored with a pin retained foundation amalgam restoration

Preparation guidelines for the International Student Program hand-skills exercise.

Criteria for Amalgam Preparation

1. The preparation should be approximately 1.5 mm. deep at the pulpal floor.
2. The preparation should be approximately 1.5 mm. deep at the mesial axial wall.
3. The buccal, lingual, and gingival extensions of the mesial box must be free of contact with the adjacent tooth.
4. The cavosurface margins should be near 90°, with no unsupported enamel.
5. The walls should be near parallel or slightly undercut in order to provide mechanical retention for the alloy
6. Retention grooves may be optionally placed in the buccal and lingual walls at the bucco-axial and linguo-axial line angles.
7. Extensions of the occlusal outline are as described in the clinical conditions.

Criteria for the Full Cast Crown preparation

1. The occlusal reduction should provide for 1.5-2 mm. of clearance from the opposing occlusal surfaces.
2. The occlusal reduction should generally preserve the occlusal anatomy of the tooth, providing for uniform reduction.
3. The axial walls should be free from undercuts and tapered approximately 8-10 degrees from the long axis of the tooth.
4. The finish line should be a chamfer profile, equal in diameter to 1/2 the diameter of the largest chamfer diamond that you are provided.
5. The finish line should be between 0.5 mm. and 1.0 mm. coronal to the free gingival margin and follow the contour of the free gingival margin.

Infection Control

1. Gloves, masks, and protective eyewear must be worn at all times when working with the simulated patient. It is not necessary to sterilize instruments in order to complete this exercise.
All participants will be assigned an identification number that the applicant will place on each project. Only the Director will have access to the name associated with the number. If the identification number is not entered on each project, you will not get credit for the examination.

Practical Examination - The session will be devoted to assessing your skills in Restorative Dentistry. The purpose of the examination is to allow you the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of and ability to perform basic restorative dentistry procedures. There will be two parts to this examination; the first part will be the preparation of selected teeth, the second part will be a waxing exercise.

Your examination will be the preparation of a proximo-occlusal Class II cavity and a full gold crown preparation. The teeth to be used will be provided on the day of the examination and the exam will be performed on a school owned dentoform that will be mounted in the simulator. The School uses Kilgore model 200 dentoforms. The exam will be conducted as follows:

1. You will have 3 hours for this examination.

2. This exam is to be conducted with the dentoform properly mounted in the simulator and in the correct operating position at all times. Working on teeth out of the simulator and/or dentoform will result in immediate failure of the examination.

3. When you have completed all the preparations to your satisfaction, return the dentoform to the front of the room and you will be free to proceed to the waxing exercise.

4. Waxing exercise will consist of two projects that will be detailed at the morning orientation.

5. After completing the waxing exercise to your satisfaction the project will be turned in to the examination proctor and you may leave.

6. Please remember you will have 3 hours to complete this examination.

Hope this helps.

hey whoever got their interview for june 9th and wants to share hotel rooms, drop me an line/email

Those who have got interview call please post your Stats. so that those who are waiting can have idea about their chances......

did any of u guys get the actual invitation letter?. cuze nobody said that s/he did.
this whole thing is like a really bad horror flick,

well worse than a horror flick , first the deadline got extended then selection process got extended and now the postman is not willing to come from colorado..... whatever my letter has , my spirits have gone down waiting and waiting.....

Well whoever already mentioned that they are selected for an interview might be playing a sick joke or they might have known through a phone call or email (before Jane decided not to provide that info through email or phone). Some said they got the letter (or email) on last Tuesday when Jane said that she mailed the first set of invitation letters on Wednesday and all by Friday.

I think I will stand by assumption that it will take time for the letters to reach anyone as Jane will be sending the letters through the school's mail system. They might be taking 1 or 2 more days to put the mails in actual USPS mail box.

I know its very irritating to wait like this, but there is nothing else we can do. But don't worry about any of the posts here unless they tell clearly that they received the letter in post and what date they are going and probably their stats. Also, providing all that info doesn't prove anything either.
As of today 5:30PM nothing in my mail box.

Very anxious...moreover no one is giving a clear pic here....no mail no letter no phone...god knws what the truth is all about....and wen i see here no one is putting up anythin and instead everyone is so damn silent........its getting all the more frustratin...best is to just wait n keep suffering..........any how guys......good luck

Hi all

I got an interview letter for June 9th today in the mail typed on april 19th and postmarked on april 23rd. Good luck to everyone who are waiting.

Molar19

I did post my status:

NBDE1: 88
NBDE2: not yet
experience: 4 years... (1.5 years in usa as a dental assisstant)

regarding my letter.... i didn't wanna post till im 100% sure.... im still waiting,, more anxiously than most of you because i recently changed my address and afraid my letter will be lost, althoug i did a mail forwarding service to the new address...

Hi all

I got an interview letter for June 9th today in the mail typed on april 19th and postmarked on april 23rd. Good luck to everyone who are waiting.

Molar19

Hi Molar19,
congratulations.Since you are out of this hell called 'waiting period for the mail' what are you plans for the clinical exam? How do you intend to get prepared?You would be helping a lot by giving any input,since I have no idea what to do even if I do get the mail.
thanks in advance.

Hi Molar19,
congratulations.Since you are out of this hell called 'waiting period for the mail' what are you plans for the clinical exam? How do you intend to get prepared?You would be helping a lot by giving any input,since I have no idea what to do even if I do get the mail.
thanks in advance.

and also could you please post your stats!

I did post my status:

NBDE1: 88
NBDE2: not yet
experience: 4 years... (1.5 years in usa as a dental assisstant)

regarding my letter.... i didn't wanna post till im 100% sure.... im still waiting,, more anxiously than most of you because i recently changed my address and afraid my letter will be lost, althoug i did a mail forwarding service to the new address...
You didn't receive your letter yet and you already posted "Ok,,, I believe Im among the group that will be intreviewed in june 9th.... will recieve my intreview letter soon...."
You should have sent your latest address to Jane. Mail forwarding will take time. Try requesting her to send it again to your latest address.

Hi all

Molar19

Congratulations and ALL THE BEST ...:):thumbup:

So till now I think only three people have written that they got interview call molar19, totojjang and dido79 .

Status
Not open for further replies.