University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The frustration on Kobe's face was :( I feel sorry for him. I'm trying to get tickets for game 3 and see if the Lakers can hopefully salvage the series by winning a game or 2. Anyways.. This series should be a rude awakening for the front office to make substantial changes in the roster this summer...

Members don't see this ad.

The frustration on Kobe's face was :( I feel sorry for him. I'm trying to get tickets for game 3 and see if the Lakers can hopefully salvage the series by winning a game or 2. Anyways.. This series should be a rude awakening for the front office to make substantial changes in the roster this summer...

I almost got two free tickets to the game last night. They were three rows up from the floor! They need to win atleast one in L.A. so I can get free game 5 tickets.

Pat- Is there anything you dont care for in those apartments? They look nice, I am just trying to get a feel for the pros and cons. Thanks.

Pat- Is there anything you dont care for in those apartments? They look nice, I am just trying to get a feel for the pros and cons. Thanks.
Not really. I like living here. The lady who runs the office and the maintenance guy are both real nice. Its also one of the few places around here (ones that are affordable) with a w/d in unit. It can be hard to get a place here since its so close to campus and decent. But that may change with the campus supposedly moving and all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not really. I like living here. The lady who runs the office and the maintenance guy are both real nice. Its also one of the few places around here (ones that are affordable) with a w/d in unit. It can be hard to get a place here since its so close to campus and decent. But that may change with the campus supposedly moving and all.

It comes with a w/d. Sweet. Sounds like a better deal than what I was looking at. I am definately going to have to look at the suggestions from you and Ravish when I go down again. The choice would be simple if we actually knew when the move to fitz was going to happen.

I also had a question I hope you or Troy can answer. On my way up to the Financial aid office, I noticed some lecture notes around $45-$55 on a CD. I think it was in the nursing section, but are we going to have to purchase lecture notes like that?

Sometimes we buy notes, but they are just copies from the copy place across the street. The majority of the notes are just posted online though. For some profs they are way more complete than you need to know for the test and for others they are just a rough outline.

those of you who got a letter from school,
and waitlisted,
do you guys have waitlist position number?
for example, waitlist position #10..
or,
Do you guys have first level, second level,,...?

What is public transportation like?

I use RTD. I think Denver has an OK transportation system, but it's far from perfect. The local buses in central Denver tend to come when they want (this morning I waited 15 minutes beyond the scheduled time and then two buses showed up).

There is an extensive light rail system under phased construction (well, it's extensive if you live in the suburbs and travel to downtown - the more densely populated parts of Denver won't be served by it). I used the new SW line the other day and it was nice until I got back closer to home and had to switch to bus. That was like switching from a car to a horse and buggy.

You can look at schedules and a system map at www.rtd-denver.com.

I use RTD. I think Denver has an OK transportation system, but it's far from perfect. The local buses in central Denver tend to come when they want (this morning I waited 15 minutes beyond the scheduled time and then two buses showed up).

There is an extensive light rail system under phased construction (well, it's extensive if you live in the suburbs and travel to downtown - the more densely populated parts of Denver won't be served by it). I used the new SW line the other day and it was nice until I got back closer to home and had to switch to bus. That was like switching from a car to a horse and buggy.

You can look at schedules and a system map at www.rtd-denver.com.

So it's a mixture of bus routes and a shabby light-rail system? Have you completed your entire first year simply relying on public transportation? If so, was it easy to manage (or how would you rate it)?

Any word on the new Fitzsimons campus? Exact address? I would like to get an apartment closest to that campus, but don't want to make my first year a hellish one by traveling distances. My cousin lives in Westminster and has offered me a place to live. Would that be manageable through public transportation?

Thanks for the speedy response, Twester.

So it's a mixture of bus routes and a shabby light-rail system? Have you completed your entire first year simply relying on public transportation? If so, was it easy to manage (or how would you rate it)?

Any word on the new Fitzsimons campus? Exact address? I would like to get an apartment closest to that campus, but don't want to make my first year a hellish one by traveling distances. My cousin lives in Westminster and has offered me a place to live. Would that be manageable through public transportation?

MY friend who goes to uchsc says to use the address on this page:

http://www.uchsc.edu/pr/contacts.htm (its on the right side of the page)

Its a mailbox.. but she said it would work for looking for an apt around the area

Thanks, cw, appreciate it.

Okay, accept when all the employees go on strike shutting down the entire system. That happened a year ago and sucked so bad. Finding a parking spot on campus was awful and I-25 was a complete clusterf***.

Right now I take the lightrail to the downtown CU campus since my apartment is literally 30 feet away from a station and I like it. It's also convenient when I go downtown for the bars since they tend to have DUI checkpoints near the I-25 access points. With the Lightrail it all depends where you live, it's not very expanded and the parking lots fill up very quickly. Don't really know much about the buses.

What happens if you rely on public transportation to get to the 9th and Colorado campus and they move us to Fitzsimmons half way through the semester? I wish they would give us a better idea of when this is all going to happen. I think I read that they have been saying they are going to have the students switch for a while now so some of the students are kind of thinking it still won't happen soon. Maybe they will send info to us soon about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
What happens if you rely on public transportation to get to the 9th and Colorado campus and they move us to Fitzsimmons half way through the semester? I wish they would give us a better idea of when this is all going to happen. I think I read that they have been saying they are going to have the students switch for a while now so some of the students are kind of thinking it still won't happen soon. Maybe they will send info to us soon about that.

Don't count on specific info about the move. They rarely give us updates. Things have gone from you will probably be out there sometime during your first year, to the start of your second, to sometime during the fall, to over winter break now.

Depending on where you would be living in Westminster, it would be really easy. There are currently 2 express routes that go from Boulder to the 9th Ave campus (the DD I think) and from Boulder to the Fitzsimons campus (the DM?) that I believe stop at both the Church Ranch park-n-ride (104th and US36) and the Westminster p-n-r (Sheridan Blvd and US36). So if you were going to be relatively close to either of the park-n-rides, then it would be easy to get to either campus by bus. You can check schedules etc at www.rtd-denver.com. Where in Westminster does your cousin live? I live in the Arvada/Westminster area, so I'd be able to give you an idea of the area and how close it is to the p-n-r's.

Geez I really wish I found this website before my interview!!! Seems useful. Oh well, right where I work I can literally see the building slowly go up and I have my doubts if it will be done (2 education buildings actually) by this fall. The library the closest building finished. If not there is a university-personal only shuttle that runs every 20 minutes. P1's are the only ones supposed to be at Fitz this fall.

Geez I really wish I found this website before my interview!!! Seems useful. Oh well, right where I work I can literally see the building slowly go up and I have my doubts if it will be done (2 education buildings actually) by this fall. The library the closest building finished. If not there is a university-personal only shuttle that runs every 20 minutes. P1's are the only ones supposed to be at Fitz this fall.

Congrats on your acceptance. Whats your background?

Looks like I was right, Nicky! Suns in 5, done deal.

Looks like I was right, Nicky! Suns in 5, done deal.

lol... yea... your right. the Sun's talent is soooo much greater than the Lakers its pathetic. I really hope they dont trade Odom.. but for sure there will be some major changes in the offseason...

lol... yea... your right. the Sun's talent is soooo much greater than the Lakers its pathetic. I really hope they dont trade Odom.. but for sure there will be some major changes in the offseason...

I could have used you last night around the third quarter when people started to get drunk. I thought I was going to get into it with about three guys. They got mad when I clapped after the lakers scored. :laugh:.

I think the lakers need to keep Kobe, Odom, Bynum, Luke, and maybe Kwame (I like him even though he fumbles the ball around). The rest of them I could do without.

hello , ineed help in decision making. i have been accepted with conditions ( i have to sucssfully complete summer ESL CLASS) AND I WANNA talk to current student s who are not native speakeres

hello , ineed help in decision making. i have been accepted with conditions ( i have to sucssfully complete summer ESL CLASS) AND I WANNA talk to current student s who are not native speakeres

What do you want to know? Just take the class and everything will be just fine.

Maybe OSS will put you in touch with someone if you need references or something. There aren't many CU students on SDN, to my knowledge.

I got the same letter, I am going to take it! Yes, it sound silly but it will just help prepare for P1. Not only that, I will be admitted this fall (if I take the class). They need at least 8 people to start the program...so I need you to take it too!

thank u guys for your fast responce , i am kind of worried becuase i am feeling that they will have more pressure on us , non nativers . i mean why all these hussel . are they going to be easy on us once we make it after all these summer school , intesnsive secondary phone interview.........

I hope for your sake there are no fees for the program

thank u guys for your fast responce , i am kind of worried becuase i am feeling that they will have more pressure on us , non nativers . i mean why all these hussel . are they going to be easy on us once we make it after all these summer school , intesnsive secondary phone interview.........

Once in school your be expected to meet the same requirements as everyone else. Some activities you may find harder than native speakers, like practice counseling exams, but everyone is graded on the same rubric.

the end of the season for the MAVS and me as well....just hoping the Suns can win...but I dont want the GS or SPURS to win.

I should have gone for Spiderman 3 instead of sitting at home and watchin the MAVS lose.

the end of the season for the MAVS and me as well....just hoping the Suns can win...but I dont want the GS or SPURS to win.

The Mavericks didn't make it? That's shocking. I still have faith that our Suns will defeat the Spurs. It can be done. Did you see how the Suns played in game 5? If they keep that same energy while playing the Spurs we have a good chance. Go Suns!! And yeah to University of Colorado! (I have to say something about school, right?)

The Mavericks didn't make it? That's shocking. I still have faith that our Suns will defeat the Spurs. It can be done. Did you see how the Suns played in game 5? If they keep that same energy while playing the Spurs we have a good chance. Go Suns!! And yeah to University of Colorado! (I have to say something about school, right?)

yea....the GS Warriors beat us last night and that was the end of the season for us....even im hoping the SUNS win...and you are right...the way they are playing right now...they have got to win it this year
did you find an apartment yet?

yea....the GS Warriors beat us last night and that was the end of the season for us....even im hoping the SUNS win...and you are right...the way they are playing right now...they have got to win it this year
did you find an apartment yet?

Working on the apartment thing. It's hard to tell what is a nice place and what is not.

Working on the apartment thing. It's hard to tell what is a nice place and what is not.

Yea it is...thats why I just got a 6 month lease so that I can move out after the first semester if its not a good place and if I can find a roommate.

It is real hard to figure out. From my experience, the pictures on rent.com / apartment finder make the places look way better than they are in person. Even if the apartments actually are decent, the area leaves a lot to be desired. I went and looked at apartments and I still don't know yet. I guess I have to figure it out soon.....moving in two months.

It is real hard to figure out. From my experience, the pictures on rent.com / apartment finder make the places look way better than they are in person. Even if the apartments actually are decent, the area leaves a lot to be desired. I went and looked at apartments and I still don't know yet. I guess I have to figure it out soon.....moving in two months.

The 9th ave area is way better than the area around fitz. You guys just need to find a place, and call it a day. If its not the nicest place around, you'll survive the year.

OK basketball fans...Suns vs. Spurs today! My prediction and hope is that the Suns will win. It is going to be a tough game. Go Suns!

The 9th ave area is way better than the area around fitz. You guys just need to find a place, and call it a day. If its not the nicest place around, you'll survive the year.

I agree! Home is where you make it.

And Ms. Crystal, I'm with you! Let's go purple and orange!

I have narrowed it down to two places, which happen to be right next to each other in the 9th ave area. One provides residents transportation to the light rail so i will probably end up going with that one.

I have narrowed it down to two places, which happen to be right next to each other in the 9th ave area. One provides residents transportation to the light rail so i will probably end up going with that one.

Unless that place is the better of the 2 places, I wouldn't choose it based on the transportation to the light rail if I were you. Neither of the campuses are anywhere near lightrail, so it really wouldn't do you any good. You could ride the light rail downtown, but it is pretty far out of the way to do that, especially when the 9th ave campus is so close to downtown. Just some thoughts for you.​

Unless that place is the better of the 2 places, I wouldn't choose it based on the transportation to the light rail if I were you. Neither of the campuses are anywhere near lightrail, so it really wouldn't do you any good. You could ride the light rail downtown, but it is pretty far out of the way to do that, especially when the 9th ave campus is so close to downtown. Just some thoughts for you.​

That is a good point. It takes about 10 mins to drive downtown from the 9th ave campus If you don't want to drive down there for a night out, it costs about ~$13 for a cab.

That is a good point. It takes about 10 mins to drive downtown from the 9th ave campus If you don't want to drive down there for a night out, it costs about ~$13 for a cab.

I can't think of the place off the top of my head. It was the one I mentioned earlier in the post. I was told that the light rail was going to have a stop at fitz. Sounds like its going to be far in the future though. Do you guys know if the light rail goes to keystone or copper mountain? A friend of mine told me that they have some sort of transportation that picks people up in the morning and drops them back off at night. He was not sure if it was the light rail or a bus. Getting to and from school on the light rail does not concern me as much as getting to and from a mountain. I plan to do some snowboarding and would rather not waste gas if I dont have to.

I can't think of the place off the top of my head. It was the one I mentioned earlier in the post. I was told that the light rail was going to have a stop at fitz. Sounds like its going to be far in the future though. Do you guys know if the light rail goes to keystone or copper mountain? A friend of mine told me that they have some sort of transportation that picks people up in the morning and drops them back off at night. He was not sure if it was the light rail or a bus. Getting to and from school on the light rail does not concern me as much as getting to and from a mountain. I plan to do some snowboarding and would rather not waste gas if I dont have to.

I would be shocked if there was ever train service to keystone/copper. The only public transport service to a ski resort I know of is an RTD bus to Eldora. Its also very unlikely that light rail will service fitz during the time your there. The next major expansion is on the west side of town.

Won't we need personal transportation once we start our rotations? Not NEED need, but won't it prove to be far more convenient?

The light rail will one day have a stop off at Fitz... but that probably won't happen for many years. You'll be done with pharmacy school long before that gets finished.

The light rail covers a very small area. The farthest west it goes is the Mineral station which is nowhere near the mountains. You could take the light rail to Union Station and then catch the Ski Train into the mountains though.

Won't we need personal transportation once we start our rotations? Not NEED need, but won't it prove to be far more convenient?

You'll want a car the whole time. You have to go community/hospital pharmacies during your years before your rotations. The sites are all over the metro area, including places as far west as louisville.

Do we get any sort of say/preference in where we go for the practical experience in the years before our rotations? For instance, I live in Arvada, and I'd hate to get stuck going to some place in like Parker or something clear on the opposite side of town. Or is it just the luck of the draw?
Thanks in advance :luck:

Do we get any sort of say/preference in where we go for the practical experience in the years before our rotations? For instance, I live in Arvada, and I'd hate to get stuck going to some place in like Parker or something clear on the opposite side of town. Or is it just the luck of the draw?
Thanks in advance :luck:

You get to rank your zipcode preferences, but then they do a drawing for the selection order. So more or less its just luck of the draw.

Hey all,
On the student immunization certification form, do you just take that to your doctor and have him or her verify those immunizations?

Hey all,
On the student immunization certification form, do you just take that to your doctor and have him or her verify those immunizations?

Yup, you also need to have two TB tests with 7-14 days between each test. I just went to my current physician with all of my immunization records and had her fill in the form and sign off on it.