University of Detroit Mercy Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

torque

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Been a lurker for a long time :)

I had a question about the supplemental application for the University of Detroit Mercy.

On their website, they say "Submit letters of recommendation, official transcripts, a small photo with your signature on the back (for identification purposes), and a supplemental application fee of $75.00 (U.S. funds), made payable to "UDM School of Dentistry."

So are we required to send additional letters of recommendation and official transcripts besides the ones that we sent to the AADSAS?

If so, do we need to have the professors, or the schools directly send the letters or transcripts to UDM? or can we just get it "hand-carry (still sealed and official)" put it in the same envelope with the check and picture and then send it?

Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you've met their letter requirements through the letters that you sent to AADSAS, then you are fine. Same with the transcript. However, I do believe that if you are a Canadian applicant they require your high school transcript.

edit: for my 'secondary' i sent them the 75 bucks and the pic in the envelope.

I think you are wrong misterincisor. I called Detroit Mercy's admission office last week and she said they request actual transcripts from schools in addition to the once sent to AADSAS. She told me there are things they llok for on an actual transcript that they can't see through AADSAS. What that is I have no idea. As far as LOR's the ones sent to AADSAS are sufficient you do not need to resend them. For the future I think in any secondary or supplemental if you have a question your always better off calling and talking to the source than checking here.

Good Luck

I think you are wrong misterincisor. I called Detroit Mercy's admission office last week and she said they request actual transcripts from schools in addition to the once sent to AADSAS. She told me there are things they llok for on an actual transcript that they can't see through AADSAS. What that is I have no idea. As far as LOR's the ones sent to AADSAS are sufficient you do not need to resend them. For the future I think in any secondary or supplemental if you have a question your always better off calling and talking to the source than checking here.

Good Luck

You are right. I went back and checked out their requirements and you do have to send them a direct copy of your transcripts. I went off my memory and was wrong, so sorry for misdirecting you, OP.

thanks guys.

BTW, should I have my undergrad schools to send the transcripts directly or can I get it handcarry and send it with the other stuff?

Thanks!

thanks guys.

BTW, should I have my undergrad schools to send the transcripts directly or can I get it handcarry and send it with the other stuff?

Thanks!

Directly. You can't hand carry official transcript anyways.