University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah, everything that you just wrote made me so excited! After my interview today, I drove around the whole area for an hour or two to check it out.... I really liked the Indian Rocks Beach area alot. South Tampa I didn't get to check out, but I'm sure it's nice. I think I'll end up wanting a place on the beach though. Thanks for all of the input!

And "wazzz", I think you were sitting right in front of me today during the interview! I was the one who walked in last baha because I got lost along the way. I was about to say something to you on the way out but then you were already way ahead of me =\ And yes, I agree with you -- the interview wasn't the greatest. I didn't do bad, but I definitely didn't rock their socks off. I answered a few questions well, but the others I just fumbled through. I even had to ask the guy to repeat a question 3 times baha, twice-- and then I started to answer but got halfway through and forgot the purpose of what I was saying, and then the third. BUT as long as you answered and got through it without silence, I'm sure you're completely fine!

Hey! I was there too!!!...I felt the same way about the interview. The interviewers were really nice. A few of the questions I had to think a little bit to come up with an answer...I don't feel like I was aweful but then again I don't feel like rocked it :p...I was the girl ruffled black and white blouse, I sat off the the side. My name is Milagros but I go by Mili :)

We survived! The hard part is over! Now we just have to wait...best of luck to you guys...Jeff, Michelle and Erin! Hopefully we'll all be classmates in August! :D:D

:xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was at the St. Pete interview yesterday, too.

I feel the same way as you guys. Kind of unexpected questions thrown in there, but I believe it went well enough.

I was the guy sitting up front talking a lot.

Good luck all! It was great meeting you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone i interviewed at the g-ville campus yesterday (3/25)....it was really nice and laid back i thought interview went well i thought and i really really liked the campus a lot.....they said we should hear back within a week but we'll see im really hoping for UF as it is my first choice...

anyone else interview in g-ville yesterday?

For all who plan on attending the Orlando campus. Are you guys concerned of the lack of campus or resources the actual Onsite facility has to offer? I know UF is a prestigious school and at the end of the four years your degree is still going to say UF. However I was unimpressed with the campus facility compared to say NSU in Davie FL. Am I crazy to be even thinking of considering NSU over UF?

Thanks! I was @ d interview. Waiting for the best! Kristi said they will get back to us in 2-3 wks but people have been saying a wk. what do you think?

I bet we hear something within a week...that's when everyone this year and last year heard.

I was at St. Pete yesterday too...morning session. It would be great if we heard within a week :)

For all who plan on attending the Orlando campus. Are you guys concerned of the lack of campus or resources the actual Onsite facility has to offer? I know UF is a prestigious school and at the end of the four years your degree is still going to say UF. However I was unimpressed with the campus facility compared to say NSU in Davie FL. Am I crazy to be even thinking of considering NSU over UF?

Yea the campus in Orlando is small but that doesnt mean we aren't going to be educated. The education is the same and we still will have the same opportunities. Also starting in 2012 our campus will be moving to lake Nona. A brand new pharmacy complex was built for us and it is near ucf med school and the va hospital. I wouldn't be discouraged and I would definitely not consider an unranked school compared to a top ten!

Hey guys! I hope the interviews at St.Pete and Gainesville Campus went Well! :)

Now, I have a question about intern, Do we get paid during our internships? I was convinced that we do NOT get paid, but someone told me that we do....is that true??

Hey guys! I hope the interviews at St.Pete and Gainesville Campus went Well! :)

Now, I have a question about intern, Do we get paid during our internships? I was convinced that we do NOT get paid, but someone told me that we do....is that true??

Yes its true. My sister is at the end of her first year in pharmacy school now and she got a paid internship at CVS for the summer.

You're kind of crazy! lol.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very disappointed with UF. I understand ultimately its up to the students to make sure everything is in check but it would be nice that a top ten school would at least inform you that the application was in or if anything had gone wrong, as in my case. When I turned in my supplemental application, it was the week after the PCAT which I had 5 exams that week and the PCAT alone is to make anyone go a little crazy. So, knowing that there are two supplemental forms that need to be turned in, I forgot about the campus ranking one as, at least to me, the UF website for pharmacy isn't functional.

I'm basically screwed, correct?

Yes its true. My sister is at the end of her first year in pharmacy school now and she got a paid internship at CVS for the summer.

Wow! thats great! thanks for the response!

You're kind of crazy! lol. haha. I got in to Nova as well, and already paid my two deposits to hold my seat (because the last deposit was due march 15 and my UF interview was march 25 :/ ) If I get into UF I definitely, 100% will not be attending Nova and will 150% be attending UF. Many reasons: 1) money 2) UF has way better test scores 3)(my opinon) I will be getting a better education at UF, 4) I live less than 5 minutes away from the St.Pete campus (the campus I interviewed at and loved it), and 5) ITS UF!!! YOU CANT TURN IT DOWN IF U GET IN!

LOL! :) I agree with you guys! plus, UF has an 90 something % passing rate in NAPLEX, while Nova has an 87%. Now, I would think that the % would be lower if the distance education students did not receive the same education as the gainesville students.
Also, I have a friend who goes to Nova and she told me that she will def be in debt when she finish the program.....like 150K or higher in debt!:eek:

I admit the campus was a bit small but I believe you can still get a great education at the distance campuses. We still watch all the same lectures that the main campus students watch. Some disadvantages are you won't physically able to be in class (and no one attends the classes at the main campus anyways) and have accessibility to talk with professors face-to-face during office hours. However, I do understand how being at a small campus can affect some people.

I liked the nova campus when I interviewed there but I will definitely be attending the UF campus because it makes more sense financially. Academics aside, there's a considerable difference in tuition between the two schools. Also, apartments down there seem a bit more expensive. Not sure of the relative apartment rates for jax, orlando, or st pete but for my situation I would definitely save more money, on top of tuition, staying around my satellite campus. But i do know many people that live in miami where it would be better for them to stay at nova so if that's your case then that might work better. Otherwise, Yes you are crazy :smuggrin:

hey everyone i interviewed at the g-ville campus yesterday (3/25)....it was really nice and laid back i thought interview went well i thought and i really really liked the campus a lot.....they said we should hear back within a week but we'll see im really hoping for UF as it is my first choice...

anyone else interview in g-ville yesterday?

Yup, I was. It wasn't too bad, they were very nice, but it is kind of difficult to come up with situational answers on the spot. I felt I had a few strong responses (Like to why i wanted to be a pharmacist, easy!) and a few weak ones (like talking about helping someone...all i could think of was helping my friend remodel her house, since it just happened. ugh, i felt like an idiot, but i didn't want to say NOTHING! :scared: the pressure of only having 10 minutes weighed heavy on my mind lol). I was the chubby girl sitting in the front row all the way to the left (if facing the front). Hopefully they will end the torture sooner than later and we'll all know by next week. :xf:

I completely understand what you're feeling. I was SO disappointed with the UF St. Pete campus that I am actually having thoughts of attending LECOM Brandenton instead (turned down my seat at Nova Fort Lauderdale for LECOM Bradenton because of Nova's accreditation problems in years past). Is UF really worth it? (I can't believe I am even asking that question..)

Yup, I was. It wasn't too bad, they were very nice, but it is kind of difficult to come up with situational answers on the spot. I felt I had a few strong responses (Like to why i wanted to be a pharmacist, easy!) and a few weak ones (like talking about helping someone...all i could think of was helping my friend remodel her house, since it just happened. ugh, i felt like an idiot, but i didn't want to say NOTHING! :scared: the pressure of only having 10 minutes weighed heavy on my mind lol). I was the chubby girl sitting in the front row all the way to the left (if facing the front). Hopefully they will end the torture sooner than later and we'll all know by next week. :xf:

Hey, I also interviewed in gville yesterday. And 10 minutes really seemed so quick. I'm hoping it went well for everyone though. And I'm hoping we really do hear back in a week!!! Wishing all of you who interviewed or who still have an interview the best!!!

I'm another one interviewed on Friday in Gainesville. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. I'm somewhat worried that my nerves got the best of me, but in retrospect, all my answers were pretty solid. Of course, I can think of innumerable thinks I could have or should have said differently.

Good luck to everyone who interviewed there and St. Pete. Friday can't come fast enough, amirite?

So, has the trend been so far...Interview on Friday, find out if you're accepted the following Wednesday?

How are you all doing I know most of you have probably already been accepted and are experience in the field. I am currently a UF Graduate Student and my masters is in Clinical, forensic toxicology with a dual degree on drug Chemistry from UF; My Graduate GPA is 3.6 and my undergraduate is 3.2. I know that sound good but I only got a 63 on the PCAT :scared:!!! I had just had surgery and was so tired by the end. I have some good work experience as a pharmtech for a vet pharmacy supplier for 2 years and recommendation letters from the MD director of that company and a UF Vet School professor. SO Do you guys think I have a realistic Chance to get in at this point I applied back in January but UF told me application was only processed until march!

How are you all doing I know most of you have probably already been accepted and are experience in the field. I am currently a UF Graduate Student and my masters is in Clinical, forensic toxicology with a dual degree on drug Chemistry from UF; My Graduate GPA is 3.6 and my undergraduate is 3.2. I know that sound good but I only got a 63 on the PCAT :scared:!!! I had just had surgery and was so tired by the end. I have some good work experience as a pharmtech for a vet pharmacy supplier for 2 years and recommendation letters from the MD director of that company and a UF Vet School professor. SO Do you guys think I have a realistic Chance to get in at this point I applied back in January but UF told me application was only processed until march!
Definitely. Some would even call you a "shoe-in." You just have to wait until they reach the tier that your PCAT score falls under, I assume. Don't sweat it.

Hey FuturePharmMeg! From your statistics, do you mean that LECOM have not called you for interview yet?

Last edited:
Definitely. Some would even call you a "shoe-in." You just have to wait until they reach the tier that your PCAT score falls under, I assume. Don't sweat it.

Really???!! Thanks soo much I thought I only ha a chance if like all other applicants died on a freak accident lol!!(not that i wished for that!!!)so u guys think a 63 will get me in??

Have they finished the interviews for c/o 2015? If not, when is the last interview? Thanks.

Have they finished the interviews for c/o 2015? If not, when is the last interview? Thanks.

There's one more in April, and then I think the last one in June for those placed on the alternate list.

edit: Here's the schedule someone posted earlier.

Gainesville Campus-12:30-4:00pm
Friday, January 14, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011 (check-in begins at 1:30pm)
Friday, March 25, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011

Jacksonville Campus-10:00am-3:00pm
Friday, April 15, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011

Orlando Campus-9:00am-1:00pm
Friday, March 18, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011

St. Petersburg Campus-9:00am-4:00pm
Friday, March 25, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011

Last edited:
ahhh this wait is killing meeeee i wish it was already thursday so i would know what my status issssssssssssssssss

For those that have been interviewed/received invites, when did you receive the e-mail for it? I've read that it's mostly on Thursdays, but some have been posting recently that they received it on a Friday or Monday?

I'm also guessing it was sent in the morning.

This wait is pretty much the worst feeling I've had in years...

Interview invitations seem to commonly come out on Thursdays, although I received mine on a Tuesday.

The acceptance letters seem to be sent out Wednesdays, so we're all pretty anxious.

Good luck, guys. Hope you're enjoying the weight more than i am.

to everyone who had interviews last week; good luck and im sure you all did fine!

I've waited a while but interview invite this morning !!!!!!!!!!1

I've waited a while but interview invite this morning !!!!!!!!!!1

CONGRATS!! Which campus?!

And everyone who had their interviews last friday....I know the wait is terrible but in reality I am sure every single one of you got accepted. Every person from my interview date got accepted!! So let that thought creep into the back of your mind to ease the stress :p

congrats bwg!!!! postive vibes to you my friend..

to those of you still waiting stay positive!

and again, good luck to EVERYONE!! :thumbup:

I'm interviewing in Jax which is my number 1.

And yes don't give up hope. I submitted in Oct. almost a half a year later i at least am still in the hunt.

Yes Broland good vibrations positive vibes

CONGRATS!! Which campus?!

And everyone who had their interviews last friday....I know the wait is terrible but in reality I am sure every single one of you got accepted. Every person from my interview date got accepted!! So let that thought creep into the back of your mind to ease the stress :p

When did u interview??

When did u interview??

I had the first interview date January 14th in Gainesville. However, I interviewed in Gville for the Orlando campus. There were a select few for the St. Pete and Jax campuses there as well. There were only about 15-20 of us.

Last edited:
I'm interviewing in Jax which is my number 1.

And yes don't give up hope. I submitted in Oct. almost a half a year later i at least am still in the hunt.

Yes Broland good vibrations positive vibes

If you dont mind me asking what are your stats?

If you dont mind me asking what are your stats?

I don't mind because I asked everyone else on this thread lol

3.52 cum gpa
3.47 science gpa
69 pcat

4 LOR's (one employer, one pharmacist, one research supervisor, one physics prof)

really good extra curricular with a lot of volunteer and officer in pre health club/shadowing

I don't mind because I asked everyone else on this thread lol

3.52 cum gpa
3.47 science gpa
69 pcat

4 LOR's (one employer, one pharmacist, one research supervisor, one physics prof)

really good extra curricular with a lot of volunteer and officer in pre health club/shadowing

That sounds nice I really am afraid I will Have to reapply next year I got a masters in toxicology and drug chemistry from UF a 3.6 GPS in grad school but i think my 63 PCAT wont let me in, I guess I will retake it after may :(