University of Florida C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to all that is getting in..man why does the jax campus have to have interviews in april.........so long my nova deposit will needed to be in by then lol

Members don't see this ad.

penny called me today and said my admissions letter was returned because it did not include my apartment number. So i didn't get my letter, but at least i know i got accepted.. :hungover:

owned!

Received interview invite in the mail yesterday, I am very happy, a huge weight has just been lifted! Go Gators!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my acceptance letter today!!! wooo! What a relief!

I got accepted too. Acceptance letter received 1/30/09:soexcited:
Go Gators!! :banana:

Yay! Congrats Gators. See you next year. :)

I found out I got in Friday :D..... I was sooo stressed when it took longer than they said it would.

Congrats everyone! Looking forward to seeing and meeting you guys in Fall!!

Which campus have you all been accepted to? I'm still weighing whether to petition back to Gainesville, or not.

Well, I'm going to the Orlando campus, that was my first choice. I think there were other applicants from Orlando the day of the interview.

Wow it's so exciting to see you guys get accepted! I'm in my second semester of pre-reqs (a baby I know lol) and I have a quick question. So would you agree that those who apply early (when is "early" considered btw?) and get the January interview, are a shoo-in for the Gainesville campus? I live about an hour away from the St. Pete campus, but I'd really really want to go up to Gainesville :/ Thanks, and congrats again! :p

which campus did everyone get accepted to?

Members don't see this ad :)
is it true that interviews at UF typically last only 10 minutes?

is it true that interviews at UF typically last only 10 minutes?

I think they are typically 10-15 minutes. Pretty laid back from what people have told me. Did you get an interview? If so CONGRATS!

Interviews are very casual and can go long as the conversation will carry it. Most typically are around 10, although personally I pushed it past that a bit.

I'm currently a first-year student at Orlando campus-class 2012. So far, base on my experience, UF pharmacy "screens" their applicants very carefully. If you get an interview letter, that means you have a strong point (GPA, PCAT, or extraactivities, etc..) As my other friend in STP campus said that 350 for 300-305 positions, you probably had 85% chance (very high) to get into the school if you got a letter of interview. Don't be too nervous, and demostrate yourself well in the interview then you will be fine. If you are in the first interview group for each campus, it is not 85%, but surely higher. Last year, I remembered someone said that they didn't do good in their first interview, and UF rescheduled them to redo it in the second interview.
Typically each interview often lasts about 10-15 minutes (most of my classmates told me the same thing).

Good luck very one and hope to see you guys soon :thumbup:,

I'm currently a first-year student at Orlando campus-class 2012.

Ben, thank you for your feedback. I actually chose Orlando as my second choice. What is your overall experience at UF? When I went to Jacksonville, students let it be known that there was a lot of work involved (2nd year students), but overall, they were happy. What do you know now, you did not know going in? Peek in the mind of a first time applicant :laugh:. Good luck this first year (you'll soon have your long white coat).

I'm currently a first-year student at Orlando campus-class 2012. So far, base on my experience, UF pharmacy "screens" their applicants very carefully. If you get an interview letter, that means you have a strong point (GPA, PCAT, or extraactivities, etc..) As my other friend in STP campus said that 350 for 300-305 positions, you probably had 85% chance (very high) to get into the school if you got a letter of interview. Don't be too nervous, and demostrate yourself well in the interview then you will be fine. If you are in the first interview group for each campus, it is not 85%, but surely higher. Last year, I remembered someone said that they didn't do good in their first interview, and UF rescheduled them to redo it in the second interview.
Typically each interview often lasts about 10-15 minutes (most of my classmates told me the same thing).

Where would you recommend living in Orlando? Are there areas where a lot of pharm students live?

Hi guys.I wonder if UF has a fee to hold your place in class.I got accepted but did not received anything about it. Can anybody tell me??

There is no matriculation fee or deposit required for UF. You only need to send in the form stating your intentions to enroll at UF.

Where would you recommend living in Orlando? Are there areas where a lot of pharm students live?

I would also like to know the answer to this question. And does anyone know of cheap/decent (approximately $600/month) apartments in Orlando? Thanks for any help

Very good to know. I guess Im the first round of Jax interviews so thats good news.

Its also good news that theres not a deposit, as Im BROKE! :laugh:

@ sakigt: I see you live in Jacksonville. Do you recommend any apartments near the campus? I want to head up there sometime to look at apartments, but it would be nice to know what to look for.

omg i'm out of state and still no word! I hope i get an invite.

Got my interview invitation for the Orlando campus a few days ago, so rather excited and nervous all at the same time. Just reading all of these posts get me nervous and make my hands go numb. :laugh:

March 13th seems so far away :( Congrats to everyone else who got interviews and accepted! Go Gators!

Also, I read somewhere that someone said something about petitioning to get into G-ville, rather than one of the distance campuses. Is that even possible?

Last edited:
Got my interview invitation for the Orlando campus a few days ago, so rather excited and nervous all at the same time. Just reading all of these posts get me nervous and make my hands go numb. :laugh:

March 13th seems so far away :( Congrats to everyone else who got interviews and accepted! Go Gators!

i know EXACTLY what you mean. i can't wait...march 13th falls on my spring break too, which kind of makes it a nerve-wracking week and not much of a "break." :)

@ sakigt: I see you live in Jacksonville. Do you recommend any apartments near the campus? I want to head up there sometime to look at apartments, but it would be nice to know what to look for.

How close do you need to be?

A 5-10 minute drive can get you into Arlington or more "cultural" areas like San Marco or Riverside. Theyre also trying to develop Downtown so there are lofts available. Check out www.jacksonville.craigslist.com in the real estate section for some ideas.

Theres nothing within safe walking distance, imo. Then again Im a chick so my definition of "safe" is pretty strict.

Hey,

This is obviously for a friend of mine... but when are/is the last interview dates for UF? Anyone know?

Also, I read somewhere that someone said something about petitioning to get into G-ville, rather than one of the distance campuses. Is that even possible?

Just got my interview for the Orlando campus March 13th!!!

:):):):):):)

im sure this was asked a miiiilion times... but for those who were accepted to UF COP can you please share your stats? i really would like to apply for fall 10... but nervous as anlything. i hear its tough to get into the prgram here! thanks in advance!!!

:)

My stats are:
3.28 Science, 3.4 Overall
83 PCAT
Healthcare experience as Med Lab Asst, no Pharm
Bachelors in Marketing

I had some excellent LORs and being 25 with some healthy work experience probably helped (as my grades arent the best!).

WOOOOO I just found out I got an interview at St. Pete on March 20th.

GPA 2.95 science and reg
Will have a BS in biomedical science and minor in biophysics in may
80 PCAT
2+ years of 25-30 hours a week as a pharmacy tech
Volunteering: relay for life, walk for the cure, joshua house
3 great LORs from 2 pharmacists and a chem professor
I had some great essays as well

A note about my GPA, it was around 3.3 before I lost both my grandpas and mother in less than 2 years. I should have taken a semester off but I kept goin through it. I wrote about it in part of my essay.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews and good luck... but not too much luck :p

WOOOOO I just found out I got an interview at St. Pete on March 20th.

GPA 2.95 science and reg
Will have a BS in biomedical science and minor in biophysics in may
80 PCAT
2+ years of 25-30 hours a week as a pharmacy tech
Volunteering: relay for life, walk for the cure, joshua house
3 great LORs from 2 pharmacists and a chem professor
I had some great essays as well

A note about my GPA, it was around 3.3 before I lost both my grandpas and mother in less than 2 years. I should have taken a semester off but I kept goin through it. I wrote about it in part of my essay.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews and good luck... but not too much luck :p

CONGRATS!!!!! I can't believe you got rejected from LECOM!:eek: I'm sure you'll do fine at UF's Interview! Best of Luck!!!!:thumbup:

i tried emailing marcy at the admissions office, but she's not available till march, who else can i email about admissions?

Congrats on the interview invite, FuturePharmist!

@thephoenician88: I do not believe Marcy deals with admissions directly, you are better off emailing Penny Fultz for any admission concerns: [email protected]

CONGRATS!!!!! I can't believe you got rejected from LECOM!:eek: I'm sure you'll do fine at UF's Interview! Best of Luck!!!!:thumbup:

Thanks! When I got my LECOM rejection i assumed it was a rejection from UF as well lol. I think I botched LECOM's supplemental essays though. Oh well it's a lesson to never give your hopes up.

A few people I know have commuted from the UCF area, just because they wanted to be around people their age. The Apopka and surrounding areas don't have a large amount of young people around...!! I could tell you several apartments in the UCF area if needed- just pm me.

I also live in Jacksonville, and my best suggestion is not to live anywhere within 5-10 miles of the school. The best/ closest/ safest areas would be near the airport (10-15 min.), Baymeadows/ mandarin (15 min.), or the Beach (20-30 min.). Jacksonville is so spread out and you can expect to drive a distance anywhere you live... I was a realtor before I decided pharmacy so I am familar with the area if you have any questions.

I am interviewing at the Gainesville campus, but finding a place near UCF is a good option for those interviewing/attending the Apopka Campus.

Congrats to everyone with invitations and those accepted!!

I received an invitation to interview at St. pete for March 20th
I had to mail my decision to attend the interview back to UF
I still haven't heard from them yet. I emailed Penny as well.

FuturePharmacist, have you heard from them yet?

my stats:

3.5 GPA overall
3.8 math/science
88 PCAT
2 great LORs; science professor & pharmacist
strong personal essay
2+years CPhT: Retail & Hospital pharmacy
St. Vincent De Paul volunteering

Congrats to everyone with invitations and those accepted!!

I received an invitation to interview at St. pete for March 20th
I had to mail my decision to attend the interview back to UF
I still haven't heard from them yet. I emailed Penny as well.

FuturePharmacist, have you heard from them yet?

my stats:

3.5 GPA overall
3.8 math/science
88 PCAT
2 great LORs; science professor & pharmacist
strong personal essay
2+years CPhT: Retail & Hospital pharmacy
St. Vincent De Paul volunteering

I emailed Penny on Monday and sent my letter in on Tuesday and haven't heard back yet. It's driving me nuts. I keep having this feeling that my letter got lost in the mail haha.

IIRC, I did not receive my information packet until a week or two before the actual interview. So until then, you guys shouldn't be worrying too much. If it is the week before and you still do not hear word, give Penny a call. She is probably swamped at this point with emails, so a call is definitely the best way to contact her if you need to be urgent.

i am sure if you emailed penny and sent the letter in that they got it. like ufdlim said, that girl HAS to be swamped. she is in charge of so much stuff for UF admissions it's ridiculous. but i understand the feeling- i was near panicked when i couldn't get her to write me back and let me know if all of my application was completed. but then i emailed again and she wrote back and told me it was. whew.

IIRC, I did not receive my information packet until a week or two before the actual interview. So until then, you guys shouldn't be worrying too much. If it is the week before and you still do not hear word, give Penny a call. She is probably swamped at this point with emails, so a call is definitely the best way to contact her if you need to be urgent.

oh so we DO get something else in the mail before the interview? well i am looking forward to that. anything with UF on it almost gives me a heart attack these days. :)

I took the pcat for the second time in january & I scored lower than the first time. My interview in Gainesville is this friday & I know my score has already been reported to them. I would like to ask any of you, who've been accepted or are going to be interviewing, whether my chance of being accepted after my interview is anywhere near good. I don't know how I scored lower and I am afraid of the questions that I would be grilled with at the interview regarding my scores. Thank you.

I took the pcat for the second time in january & I scored lower than the first time. My interview in Gainesville is this friday & I know my score has already been reported to them. I would like to ask any of you, who've been accepted or are going to be interviewing, whether my chance of being accepted after my interview is anywhere near good. I don't know how I scored lower and I am afraid of the questions that I would be grilled with at the interview regarding my scores. Thank you.

i have heard several times that UF only considers your highest PCAT score. so don't worry about it. if by chance they do ask you about it, just have an honest answer- everyone has a bad day, you know?

UF does closed file interviews, meaning your interviewers will know nothing about you. They will not know your PCAT score unless you specifically mention it.

As for the interview packet, it's nothing important. Just directions, parking, and itinerary.

I officially completed my application on Jan 30th (the essay portion) in time to meet the deadline and haven't heard anything from the school yet. I ranked Gainesville and Orlando as my highest priorities but made sure to rank the other campuses as well. Do you think it's too late for me to hear anything from them? Should I keep waiting on bated breath or should I just accept the fact that I probably won't be hearing from them at all? Although I am out of state I am considered an in-state student due to the fact that my dad is a resident of Florida and has been for over 20 years. My stats are as follows:

overall gpa: 3.56
science gpa: 3.63
PCAT: 83 (v89, b91, rc45, qa87, c67, writing language 4.0, writing problem solving 3.0)
worked for rite aid for a month
active in many group organizations focused on service
3 letters of rec - pharmacist i worked for, nikki giovanni (poet and professor), organic chemistry teacher
In my opinion, I couldn't have written better essays if I tried. I spent so much time on the essays which is why my application was completed so late. Each of my essays was exactly 500 words and very well written. They answered the questions as well as gave a very accurate description of myself. My PharmCAS personal statement was also captivating and emphasized my desire to become a pharmacist.

What do you guys think? Don't be afraid to let my hopes down; I've already come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing anything from them. UF is my number one choice and I really want to go there but I guess I'll have to settle for something else possibly.