University of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmD061015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UGA regarding admission? interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either. My application was submitted about 3 to 4 weeks ago.

I don't think they begin interviews until March.

How the heck are you supposed to keep your experience, reasons for pharmacy and goal statement to 400 CHARACTERS!!! They are obviously not putting much weight on this statement. I had a hard time getting my statement down to 500 WORDS for another school! :eek:

I wrote that thing in a few bullet points and then formed them into sentences. I was relieved that they only wanted a few sentences, I was tired of writing dissertations about myself.

I was just gonna copy and paste my PharmCAS statement anyway.

I think only a few people get interview invites during December. A lot of them go out in Feb/Jan...I think.

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know, Dr. Wolfgang is sending out interview invites this month!:)

Dang. I will have already laid down a deposit for a school by the time I get an invite from UGA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup! Good luck everyone and please update if you do get an interview invite!

I received an interview invite today! :)

Me three###

I like how we get a choice for the interview date.

Am I the only one who has not been able to get ahold of anyone to set up my interview time? I have called yesterday and today. I also sent an email and left a message yesterday. Hope they did not send that invitation to me by mistake..yikes

I don't think you need to give them a call. The interview invite was sent through email, so you should reply to them that way. Then they'll email you back in a few days.

ok thanks...I sent an email back yesterday...the email they sent stated to give her a call or email asap and I did not want to risk missing them before they went to christmas break...hopefully I will get an email response soon.

I only emailed to reserve my spot. She did ask me for a phone number, but that was it. I think you should be fine :)

I only emailed to reserve my spot. She did ask me for a phone number, but that was it. I think you should be fine :)

So, she actually emailed you back? I haven't received any confirmation yet, but maybe that is because I included my phone number. ? I guess I will assume that I got my preferred time slot. Confirmation would be nice though!

So, she actually emailed you back? I haven't received any confirmation yet, but maybe that is because I included my phone number. ? I guess I will assume that I got my preferred time slot. Confirmation would be nice though!

I talked to her yesterday on the phone. She said she had a problem with her email and lost alot of the emails she had. Mine was one of the emails she lost. By the time I got thru to her, she said that the earliest time left was Jan. 26 in the am. I signed up for that time. I was a little frustrated that I was not getting in until the 3rd week of interviews, but I am just happy to have the opportunity. Ms. Susan told me not to worry that they do not decide on the early admittees until mid february. You might want to try and call or send another email to make sure yours did not get lost too.

I talked to her yesterday on the phone. She said she had a problem with her email and lost alot of the emails she had. Mine was one of the emails she lost. By the time I got thru to her, she said that the earliest time left was Jan. 26 in the am. I signed up for that time. I was a little frustrated that I was not getting in until the 3rd week of interviews, but I am just happy to have the opportunity. Ms. Susan told me not to worry that they do not decide on the early admittees until mid february. You might want to try and call or send another email to make sure yours did not get lost too.

Thanks for the info. I really hope that my email did not get lost, but I have a feeling it did. :( I just emailed her again, and will be calling tomorrow....

You interviewees just got the email giving details about the 2+2 program. Which location do you think is most desirable? I'm sure I'll rank Albany towards the bottom since it's all the way in Southwest GA. Augusta might be the most convenient; your third and fourth years would be in the same general location.

Do we have a better chance in the lottery since we're the first rounds being interviewed?

You interviewees just got the email giving details about the 2+2 program. Which location do you think is most desirable? I'm sure I'll rank Albany towards the bottom since it's all the way in Southwest GA. Augusta might be the most convenient; your third and fourth years would be in the same general location.

Do we have a better chance in the lottery since we're the first rounds being interviewed?

it would be really nice if we get a better chance at getting our top choice..but i doubt it! let us know if u find out though =)

Last edited:
Hey, are you guys preparing for your interviews using the interview feedback page for UGA on sdn? That's what I'm using but the feedback is kind of outdated so I was just wondering if you guys know better ways of preparing. Please let me know! Thanks! :)

I'll probably look at the feedback but I didn't prepare much for the Mercer interview and I think I did really well. So I'm not stressing too much about it.

Yeah I saw that about the lottery thing...I'm glad we get to find out where we would be before we decide if we want to go there. Would you guys not want to just stay in Athens?? That seems like the easiest option to me...

Does anyone know when they will send out their second round of interviews? I have all my materials in, but they are super swamped and haven't updated my recommendations (even though they're confirmed to be in, not officially submitted). I missed the first round because of it; I think they're having some organization problems! Thanks!

Hey, are you guys preparing for your interviews using the interview feedback page for UGA on sdn? That's what I'm using but the feedback is kind of outdated so I was just wondering if you guys know better ways of preparing. Please let me know! Thanks! :)

Hey, can you post the link for that page? Thanks!

I got my interview but I only have one letter of recommendation. I think I am going to turn down the interview because I don't feel like getting another recommendation and I already got into mercer which I like just as much. You think that's a dumb decision?

I got my interview but I only have one letter of recommendation. I think I am going to turn down the interview because I don't feel like getting another recommendation and I already got into mercer which I like just as much. You think that's a dumb decision?

Nah. I canceled my interview too. I'm not satisfied with the rotation options, and I'm too lazy to drive to UGA or go to any more interviews. See ya at Mercer.

Nah. I canceled my interview too. I'm not satisfied with the rotation options, and I'm too lazy to drive to UGA or go to any more interviews. See ya at Mercer.

Yea I feel the same way. When they said we may be in Augusta or Albany that sealed the deal. See ya there.

My interview is supposed to be tomorrow but it's been cancelled because of snow... I've lived in Atlanta my whole life and I don't think this has ever happened. Who knows when I'll get rescheduled

My interview is supposed to be tomorrow but it's been cancelled because of snow... I've lived in Atlanta my whole life and I don't think this has ever happened. Who knows when I'll get rescheduled

i walked like 2 miles to kroger today because i can't even move my car. lol

My interview was going to be tomorrow (Wednesday), but UGA is closed again. Has anyone called or emailed yet to let you know about rescheduling?

My interview was going to be tomorrow (Wednesday), but UGA is closed again. Has anyone called or emailed yet to let you know about rescheduling?

Maybe they will be open tomorrow? I'm pretty sure we start classes here in Atlanta tomorrow because we almost had them this afternoon. Idk where you live, but I would assume they would let you reschedule if you don't feel comfortable driving to Athens yet (unless you already go to UGA).

Originally, I had interview scheduled today.
Ms. Herda told me that she is going to start rescheduling after they get to campus.
So the earliest time that they start rescheduling will be Thursday.
Just in case, send an e-mail to Ms. Herda about your interview schedule.

Originally, I had interview scheduled today.
Ms. Herda told me that she is going to start rescheduling after they get to campus.
So the earliest time that they start rescheduling will be Thursday.
Just in case, send an e-mail to Ms. Herda about your interview schedule.

Thanks! Yeah, I sent her an email this morning and she replied back, so all is well!

Has anyone who has already attended their interview heard anything?? Also, could you tell me how the interview process worked this year?? I have an interview on February 8th and I'm starting to get nervous. Thanks!!:)

We won't hear anything until mid-Feb.

Last edited:
THANK YOU SO MUCH! This really calmed me down. Good luck to you as well!

We won't hear anything until mid-Feb.

The interview process is not that bad.

-30 minutes to write an essay
-10 minutes power point presentation
-Tour
-10-25 minute interview with the Dean and another person.
-While waiting on your interview, you get the chance to chat with some pharmacy students and other interviewees (Unlike Mercer, this is NOT a part of your interview score--so you could sit in the corner and sulk if you really wanted to :laugh:).

I am about to add an entry to the feedback page so check it out in a bit.

Good luck!!!

Man. That part SUCKED at Mercer. If anything could've killed my chances, it is that.

Good luck everybody.