University of Houston Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Even if you are the competition, congrats! That's great! My mother saw my scores before I did and yelled to me across the room, "Did you do worse? I can't tell." My heart sunk. Fortunately, she couldn't decipher the scoring, and my composite improved by 9 points.

The agony and anxiety is distracting me from my schoolwork. This is not good.

Thanks :) hey, 9pts is 9pts! Better positive than negative :) Lol yeah I know what you mean!!!! I have another interview this weekend and I've been totally been blowing my studying off for it as well as stressing over PCAT and UH lol.

Members don't see this ad.

You got accepted to Texas Tech too right? Do you know which school you are going to pick?

Congrats everyone on getting accepted!!!

I think Velvet is right about until when they are giving interviews. I believe it is until April also.

Hi hi... Sorry for the late reply... been swamped with midterms...

Um... I choose UofH. I have been living here for a while and it is convinient for me not to move...
Tech is a good school, but the weather there scared me to death... It's very dry out there too... My skin suffers... LOL!

It took a while for my update. Even though they know they've received everything, website update takes time. I made a phone call to check.
Thanks for the post it turns out even though i sent it all as a unit 1) a week before due date still was late in the process so it took time and 2) they some how seperated my stuff and updated pieces of it randomly through out the week. Thankfully its all over all recieved now i need to pray for an interview theirs more than any other would mean alot to me.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh also As i relentlessly badgered them to finish up dating my app they said they were almost done reviewing and would be giving interviews as late as late march/early april so there is still a bit of hope for yall:idea:

Oh also As i relentlessly badgered them to finish up dating my app they said they were almost done reviewing and would be giving interviews as late as late march/early april so there is still a bit of hope for yall:idea:

There is hope but since its rolling admissions, its actually bad. I interviewed there last year and the class was already full and I did not get in. The earlier the better.

The bane of rolling admissions. I'm hoping that my file is strong enough to overlook the tardiness of my application.

There is hope but since its rolling admissions, its actually bad. I interviewed there last year and the class was already full and I did not get in. The earlier the better.
I totally forgot they do rolling admissions:eek:...I like the fact they are willing to hold out but i dont think id like the idea of gettin accepted/rejected weeks or days before fall semester started ive heard bad stories about that

AceInhibitor, if you don't mind me for asking, were you waitlisted?

Also, is there a particular day (ie Friday) when they send out interview invites?

AceInhibitor, if you don't mind me for asking, were you waitlisted?

I was straight rejected :( I was told my Interview was well but the group thingy was not that good....

Also, is there a particular day (ie Friday) when they send out interview invites?

I hope I hear something tomorrow. Last year I got invited on Wednesday somewhere these days! I was jumping everywhere lol and I had the most memorable trip to Houston!!!!

I've been having mini anxiety attacks all week. AHHH.

I've been having mini anxiety attacks all week. AHHH.

Why lol? Waiting for an interview? I think they interview tomorrow so it is less likely for them to sent out new invites.

What other schools have you applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting for feedback of any kind. I would prefer an interview though. I need a benzodiazepine.

UH was the only school I could apply to this year. I was planning on waiting till next year to apply to all the schools on my PCAT ticket (I would be done with all my prereqs for those other schools by then). But I figured that I should apply to UH this year anyway if I have the slightest chance of getting accepted. I was so worried about improving my PCAT that I forgot that UH does rolling admissions; plus, I wanted the grades for my fall courses to be incorporated into my application.

Ah, sort of? Haha. Appreciate the response nonetheless.

Yeah. But the earlier the interview, the better chance of getting accepted or garnering a higher position on the waiting list IF they think you're qualified enough.

This is like senior ranking way back in high school except ten billion times worse.

if it helps, i got my interview invitation on a tuesday...

Hi all. New member to SDN here. I just a recieved an interview to UHCOP this past Tuesday for the March 11 interview so maybe they send out interviews on Tuesdays?

Check your emails!

I just received an acceptance email about 15 minutes ago!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

I interviewed on Feb 18th.

Can someone help me? Is there a list of nearby apartments/housing for UoH? Perhaps list of on campus housing as well! Thanks! (is it on the main website?)

I just checked my email and found out...
I am more than excited...!!!
I will have a party today!!!

Congrats to all who accepted!

ACCEPTED! I can't wait to start looking for apartments :D

Did anyone accepted apply to UT also.... ? Which is your first choice?

ACCEPTED! I can't wait to start looking for apartments :D

Did anyone accepted apply to UT also.... ? Which is your first choice?

I applied to UT as well. Hope I hear back from them soon.

Does your letter from UH say you have to respond and pay the deposit by the 11th as well?? Has anyone tried to get an extension on this?

Has anyone else received an interview invite since the January 2011 PCAT scores? I know there were a handful of us waiting for UH to get them, but I haven't heard anything about other invites.... getting nervous:scared:

Has anyone else received an interview invite since the January 2011 PCAT scores? I know there were a handful of us waiting for UH to get them, but I haven't heard anything about other invites.... getting nervous:scared:

I haven't heard a peep from them!

I applied to UT as well. Hope I hear back from them soon.

Does your letter from UH say you have to respond and pay the deposit by the 11th as well?? Has anyone tried to get an extension on this?

Yes, only 7 days to make a decision... What the heck!? So, I guess if I don't hear back from UT by then, I have to make THE decision... which I'm sure they do on purpose to strategically coerce applicants to pick them lol But for me, no big deal, I guess... UH was my top tied with UT.

I'm not sure about the extension question....

Yes, only 7 days to make a decision... What the heck!? So, I guess if I don't hear back from UT by then, I have to make THE decision... which I'm sure they do on purpose to strategically coerce applicants to pick them lol But for me, no big deal, I guess... UH was my top tied with UT.

I'm not sure about the extension question....

UT has a slight edge over UH for me because I did my undergrad at UT but I'm currently living in Houston. It would be nice to go live in Austin again but UH has it's benefits to me as well.

I'm most likely going to mail my paperwork/deposit in in the next day or 2 just to hold my spot. It'll give me more "thinking time" if and when I hear back from UT.

has anyone heard from the feb 25th interview yet? :(

has anyone heard from the feb 25th interview yet? :(

Not yet but I'm hoping we'll be notified this Friday. Judging from previous poster's responses, the Feb 18th group was notified 2 weeks from their interview date.

I interviewed with UT as well but UH has an edge over UT for me.

which uh interview did you have?

Not yet but I'm hoping we'll be notified this Friday. Judging from previous poster's responses, the Feb 18th group was notified 2 weeks from their interview date.

I interviewed with UT as well but UH has an edge over UT for me.

thank you so much... yeah the feb 18th date had a really quick turn around date.. i hope this weekend brings us good news as well! :rolleyes:

So are they still doing interviews? Or is it too late to get an interview now?

So are they still doing interviews? Or is it too late to get an interview now?

UH is still doing interviews.. i believe they have only done 4 so far, and there are 2 upcoming ones. one this friday the 11th, and i believe one on the 16th over spring break. i have heard they invite students to interviews all the way up until late April. good luck! :D

Just got my email for UH! Interviewed Feb 18th. Only thing is it says I only have till the 11th for them to receive it, which means I have to mail it before the 10th, and they literally just emailed me...?

Talk about pressure!

also Good luck all! This is my second year so I know all about waiting until April for the interview and stressing out as the class is filling up. Don't give up!

Just got my email for UH! Interviewed Feb 18th. Only thing is it says I only have till the 11th for them to receive it, which means I have to mail it before the 10th, and they literally just emailed me...?

Talk about pressure!

also Good luck all! This is my second year so I know all about waiting until April for the interview and stressing out as the class is filling up. Don't give up!

does everybody not receive their acceptance emails at the same time? that makes things hard to predict. but congrats on everybody who got accepted! i'm still waiting for my interview results :scared:

Talk about pressure!

Congrats! What time exactly did you receive it? Do they send out late night?

Congrats! What time exactly did you receive it? Do they send out late night?

I got mine at 6:57 pm on 3/7/11 according to the time stamp on the email. The attached letter is dated 3/4/11.

My last name starts with a Y. So maybe they were working there way down the alphabet or something.