University of Houston Class of 2016 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So apparently i hear from a UH pharmacy student that the class of 2016 is full already.... people will be contacted for wait-list now.. :/
I sure hope not, since I am still waiting tp hear back from my March 14th interview. Also, I heard they still had a couple of interviews this month....itd be kinda crappy to interview people when they know they are full. Any current students that can clarify?

Members don't see this ad.

The Class of 2016 isn't full. UH interview until the end of April. I haven't heard back from my March 14th interview either but they said it would be 4-6 weeks and this week is only the 4th week.

my bad my bad people... He said he ASSUMES the class is full.. but yeh another 4th year pharmacy student, a friend, told me u never know till the mid june or start of july... people have gotten in in mid june... so still hope...

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the Pharmacy school today to ask about application. I interviewed 3/14 and its been 4 weeks. She said it does take 4-6 weeks and since its been 4 weeks, we should hear from now to 2 weeks.

I went to the Pharmacy school today to ask about application. I interviewed 3/14 and its been 4 weeks. She said it does take 4-6 weeks and since its been 4 weeks, we should hear from now to 2 weeks.
+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

does anyone from 3/14 interview have heard anything at all? acceptance or rejection ?

does anyone from 3/14 interview have heard anything at all? acceptance or rejection ?
Nope. Still waiting....which is awesome because I interviewed at UH first and I already heard back from the other two schools I applied to. Also just had to put down a $250 deposit at my 2nd choice school this week to save my seat there I wont get back if UH finally accepts me. I guess we have to be patient.

I called today and spoke with Morgan Ely. He said that nothing has been finalized and that there are still going to be interviews this month. I haven't heard anything back at all yet, but this still gives me some hope bc he said that my application was still being considered. :confused:

They told me the same thing that my application was still being reviewed... What i hear from people is that if they really want u they will let u know in less than 3-4 weeks , if they dont want u, they will let u know in less than 3-4 weeks as well... so this is like being tabled or something until they decide something abt u.. But it can also be the case that they havent decided about anyone yet at all..

Yea it is possible that they are just in between on accpetance or not. All I know is that I havent heard anyone from the 03/14 date get accpeted. It seems unlikely that they didnt like any of us haha.It may be with the limited seats left, they are just waiting to see all the remaining applicants together. We just have to hang in there....I really want to go to UH though.

Check you e-mails to those that interviewed 03/14. I just got my acceptance email and will now be officially attending in the fall!

Wait listed here.

Same here. Anybody know what kind of a chance a person on the wait list might expect? I know it varies year to year, but I am just trying to get an idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that. I know waiting even longer sucks. Hopefully you will get in though.

Wait listed as well.... Congrats on ur acceptance Wickett... Hope you the best...

Thanks. I am sure you will be fine. If pharmacy is your true goal I know you will get there too. Any of us that interviewed were obviously viable candidates and I am sure you will get in at a good program.

The class is full according to email i received.I am waitlisted as 14. But i think its impossible to assume that 14 more people will give up their seats at this point. Right? :( I am so depressed.....

Last edited:
Thanks. I am sure you will be fine. If pharmacy is your true goal I know you will get there too. Any of us that interviewed were obviously viable candidates and I am sure you will get in at a good program.

Congrats Wickett. I am waitlist #5 so I am trying to retain some hope. Unfortunately, UH is the only school I applied to this time so if I don't get in there, I will just have to wait until next year.

Waitlist number 19!
Here's to hoping for all my fellow waitlisters! :D
Congrats to all who got in!

Thanks. I have no clue what the stats are on average on how many people give up their seats, but I wouldn't lose hope. A lot of people, including myself, applied to multiple schools. With the good number of programs here in Texas, I bet there are people that will end up going elsewhere and open up seats. I know at Auburn, where I did undergrad and grad, theytypically have 30 or so people turn down acceptances and back out during the admissions. Theres still hope!

The class is full according to email i received.I am waitlisted as 14. But i think its impossible to assume that 14 more people will give up their seats at this point. Right? :( I am so depressed.....

Congrats Wickett. I am waitlist #5 so I am trying to retain some hope. Unfortunately, UH is the only school I applied to this time so if I don't get in there, I will just have to wait until next year.

Waitlist # 8 .... still hope...

Waitlist number 19!
Here's to hoping for all my fellow waitlisters! :D
Congrats to all who got in!

I am #6. I'm thinking about just withdrawing from the wait list.

my application has been completed since feb. i haven't heard ANYTHING back; it'd be nice to at least get a rejection letter instead of being completely disregarded. le sigh.

Last edited:
Just saw the email on waitlist update. Waitlist moved up by 2 it said.. now #6...

I was accepted today (originally #6 on the wait list). I am debating staying in Houston or go to Tech in Amarillo.

hahahah XSV ... My acceptance depends on ur decision... I was originally no 8. They accepted 7 people so m no 1 now.. if you decide to go to texas tech, i ll get that acceptance.. :)

hahahah XSV ... My acceptance depends on ur decision... I was originally no 8. They accepted 7 people so m no 1 now.. if you decide to go to texas tech, i ll get that acceptance.. :)

Lol...how bad you want it? $$$$$ ;-)

After much debate, I've decided to accept UH. If the congress did not do away with subsidized loans for graduate students, I'd still go to Tech. Looks like you'll have to keep on waiting.

After much debate, I've decided to accept UH. If the congress did not do away with subsidized loans for graduate students, I'd still go to Tech. Looks like you'll have to keep on waiting.

yeah m still waiting. Whatever or whereever you choose, it is going to help someone for sure... :)

Wish you all the best.. :thumbup:

Accepted as well!! I was so shocked to see my acceptance email last night.

Congrats kitty7447! See? I knew you would get in.

Last edited:
Hi Guys!!

Congrats on your acceptance! My name is Crystal and my roommate and I are currently looking for a third FEMALE roommate for 3 bed/3.5 bath that is less than a 5 mile radius from TMC/UH/TSU. We are looking for a non-smoker with no pets, an overall neat individual. We are currently, second year students in pharmacy school, but prefer an individual who is also in a doctorate program as well. We are really laid back and chill. If you are interested please feel free to PM me and if possible we can meet sometime at the end of the week for a meet and greet!

I am an incoming first year medical student at Baylor and I'm currently closing on a house and am moving in the weekend of July 6. It's a 3 BR/3 bath (3 floors) under 10 min from the med center and very close to the light rail. Brand new, beautiful house in a new complex called Fannin Station. There are 2 parking spots so I'm looking for 1 roommate. You'd have the first floor to yourself (1 bed/1 bath there), and there's also a study on the second floor so you could have that to yourself as well! I'm very clean, quiet, and laid-back. The room will come furnished too. Female roommates preferred. Pictures of the place and the builder's website with more pics below.

http://www.intown-homes.com/Communities.aspx?midcia=2&wlink=9&tab=4

http://fanninstationhouse.shutterfly.com/pictures

Email me if interested! [email protected]

Ying

Just gave up my UH seat now as I've decided to attend another institution. Good luck to whoever gets it and God bless!