University of Illinois at Chicago application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm0611

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is the official thread for UIC COP class of 2016 :) Good luck with your applications!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been to one of their information sessions? I know they had one back in June, and I'm going to the one on the 18th. I also scheduled a counseling appointment, so I think that should be helpful

Has anyone been to one of their information sessions? I know they had one back in June, and I'm going to the one on the 18th. I also scheduled a counseling appointment, so I think that should be helpful

I haven't been to one. Also, are you applying now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone submit pharmcas application and got the supplemental application online? I still haven't submitted mine yet.Feels like I am so late :(

Did anyone submit pharmcas application and got the supplemental application online? I still haven't submitted mine yet.Feels like I am so late :(

Yea I submitted my pharmcas application on August 1, plus pharmcas has my transcripts+fees .... just have to wait 5 weeks for pharmcas to put my application together and send it..... OHHHHH the agony of waiting :scared::scared:

OH also don't worry too much cause there are people that don't submit their application till December.... just make sure to know your designated school deadlines

Yea I submitted my pharmcas application on August 1, plus pharmcas has my transcripts+fees .... just have to wait 5 weeks for pharmcas to put my application together and send it..... OHHHHH the agony of waiting :scared::scared:

OH also don't worry too much cause there are people that don't submit their application till December.... just make sure to know your designated school deadlines

aww thanks :) I am done with everything else in pharmcas except my ps. I want it to be the best so I am like revising it a multiple times. Hopefully, I will submit by next friday!!!

I submitted my PharmCAS application and I'm pretty sure they received it as well because I got an email from them saying it had been received.. Now I'm wondering if they will invite me to submit my supplemental application..

My gpa is 3.97 and I was wondering if they only look at the gpa only when inviting for the supplemental app..?

I submitted my PharmCAS application and I'm pretty sure they received it as well because I got an email from them saying it had been received.. Now I'm wondering if they will invite me to submit my supplemental application..

My gpa is 3.97 and I was wondering if they only look at the gpa only when inviting for the supplemental app..?

I was wondering how long it took to calculate your gpa and get an email from uic from the date you e-submitted? Thanks!

If you meet the minimum requirements (GPA, PCAT, etc.) you should (most likely will) receive the supplemental app.

I was wondering how long it took to calculate your gpa and get an email from uic from the date you e-submitted? Thanks!

Well I was talking about my PharmCAS gpa.. and it took them approx 3 weeks to calculate it.

Is there a min score for UIC? Since my first PCAT score isn't really impressive because of my low scores in VA and Reading.. I will be retaking it in sept..

Well I was talking about my PharmCAS gpa.. and it took them approx 3 weeks to calculate it.

Is there a min score for UIC? Since my first PCAT score isn't really impressive because of my low scores in VA and Reading.. I will be retaking it in sept..

Their averages are around the higher eighties to low nineties. My PCAT composite is within that range, but i sucked at RC :( I am sure your gpa will grant you an invitation for the supplementals!

Their averages are around the higher eighties to low nineties. My PCAT composite is within that range, but i sucked at RC :( I am sure your gpa will grant you an invitation for the supplementals!

Well I emailed them and they said that their average is around 80% but I scored 65% :scared: thats why I'm a little concerned although I will be retaking it in sept..

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I emailed them and they said that their average is around 80% but I scored 65% :scared: thats why I'm a little concerned although I will be retaking it in sept..
If you lack in one area, don't fret. As long as your GPA is solid, it'll show that you know the material but perhaps don't do well with tests. They understand this. Just make sure that you have some pharmacy experience whether it be a pharm tech job or just shadowing and lot of volunteer work.

Has anyone got the invitation for the supp app yet? How long does it usually take?

Has anyone got the invitation for the supp app yet? How long does it usually take?
I think you have to wait a couple more weeks since UIC starts reviewing the applications in September.

Finally e-submitted =) UIC is my first choice! Seems like this thread is so dead.

I e-submitted in mid August and got an email from them a week ago saying that they're presently working on their supplemental information, don't fret, it'll come eventually.

Did anyone get an invitation for the supplemental application yet? I submitted it on 8/31 and guess I have to wait a month for pharmcas to mail out my application :/

Did anyone get an invitation for the supplemental application yet? I submitted it on 8/31 and guess I have to wait a month for pharmcas to mail out my application :/

They usually send supplementals 4-6 weeks after you submit your application if you meet their first set of criteria. It's a long process with UIC so I suggest ample amounts of patience and focus on your last year [they look at spring grades too]

Try not to worry and good luck!

I got an email from the school saying that they are still working on the supp app. and they should be done by mid sept..

I got an email from the school saying that they are still working on the supp app. and they should be done by mid sept..

Did you get that email since they received your application? Or did you just email them and asked? Thanks!

Did anyone receive an invitation to the supplemental application yet?

I submitted it on 8/31 and pharmcas calculated my gpa two weeks later (9/14). Hopefully they will mail out my application this Monday! Does anyone here go to UIC for undergrad?

My application just sent out this morning and I received the email from school said that they are still working on the supplemental

Word of advice, have some patients during this application process. If you don't, you most likely will drive yourself insane. Also, try to not flood the OSA with a ton of emails. One here and there is fine, but not one every week asking when stuff will be sent out. Sometimes it can take them a while especially when it comes to waiting for an interview. This can be a great learning experience :)

Here was the general time frame for me last year.

PharmCAS submited
5 weeks later
App recieved by UIC and supp app invite sent out
3 weeks later
Interview invite sent
THE NEXT DAY
Admissions offer sent (a lot of people from my class got accepted within a day or two of their interview, while other had to wait weeks; so, it just varies)

p.s. for the supp app, they only look at the cumulative and science GPA. If it meets the minimum requirements you get and invite for the supp app. (i just saw this in one of my emails)

Hope this helps.

Word of advice, have some patients during this application process. If you don't, you most likely will drive yourself insane. Also, try to not flood the OSA with a ton of emails. One here and there is fine, but not one every week asking when stuff will be sent out. Sometimes it can take them a while especially when it comes to waiting for an interview. This can be a great learning experience :)

PharmCAS submited
5 weeks later
3 weeks later
Interview invite sent
THE NEXT DAY
Admissions offer sent (a lot of people from my class got accepted within a day or two of their interview, while other had to wait weeks; so, it just varies)

p.s. for the supp app, they only look at the cumulative and science GPA. If it meets the minimum requirements you get and invite for the supp app. (i just saw this in one of my emails)

Hope this helps.

Thanks Stratomaster18, btw do u mind share ur stat n PCAT score? :rolleyes:

It essentially is listing your work experience, all class you have taken, a couple of short essays, and designating what campus you are applying for. It takes a bit to fill out but its relatively simple.

Disclosure: This is what it was last year. It could possibly change.

Does anyone know when the supplementals will be sent out?

Does anyone know when the supplementals will be sent out?

I looked at last year's tread for UIC, looks like people got the supplemental invites at the beginning of October. It could be different this year, but at least we have a reference.

I looked at last year's tread for UIC, looks like people got the supplemental invites at the beginning of October. It could be different this year, but at least we have a reference.

Thanks Selladore. I think the hardest part of this application process is the waiting part.
Stage 1:Waiting for GPA to be calculated.
Stage 2: Waiting for the pharmcas app to be mailed.
Stage 3: Waiting for pharmcas app to be received.
Stage 4: Waiting for supp app to be received
Stage 5: Waiting for invite.
Stage 6: Waiting for acceptance (or final decision).
Stage 7: Waiting for orientation to begin.
The one who is at stage 6 now for another school must feel lucky, for real, because there are a lot of people at stage 1.

I agree! I'm still waiting for Pharmcas to send out my application :scared:

PharmCAS submited
5 weeks later
3 weeks later
Interview invite sent
THE NEXT DAY

Hope this helps.

:thumbup:
Agreed. I submitted my application in October, received a supplemental a month later, followed by an interview 3 months later. I wasn't accepted until two days before orientation, which was in June lol. Boy was that a long wait.

Keep your head up kids and don't go crazy if it's only been a couple weeks. It's a long process.

PharmCAS sent out my application this morning & I received an email from UIC stating that they are currently finalizing their supplemental application materials and hope to have them available to us by next week!

Do you think UIC will consider applicants without a degree?

Do you think UIC will consider applicants without a degree?

Yes, I know of a lot of people in my class that don't have a degree. However, I would say that the majority do. Soon it'll probably be a requirement to have a degree beforehand.

So, I emailed the admissions office two days ago and the lady said they are a little behind this time in terms of supplemental applications, however, they hope to send them out very soon. Also, in my pharmcas, under the school designation status, it says revised on 10/3/2011. Idk if that means UIC reviewed my application or something else. Anyone wanna help? Thanks!

So, I emailed the admissions office two days ago and the lady said they are a little behind this time in terms of supplemental applications, however, they hope to send them out very soon. Also, in my pharmcas, under the school designation status, it says revised on 10/3/2011. Idk if that means UIC reviewed my application or something else. Anyone wanna help? Thanks!

Im not sure what that means. Maybe you can contact Pharmcas? This wait is driving me insane!!! :scared:

from what I know.. revised means that PharmCAS has gone through your application and has saved all updates and probably has sent out your revised application to the schools :thumbup:

I know!! That took forever.. After this we have to wait for the interview ha.

Yeah I know right?

I would have liked all of the parts of the supplemental application to be online, but it's not that big of a deal given the amount of time we have to do it. :cool:

Yeah I know right?

I would have liked all of the parts of the supplemental application to be online, but it's not that big of a deal given the amount of time we have to do it. :cool:
How do you guys feel about the Rockford campus?