University of Illinois at Chicago application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They're doing MMIs now? That sounds similar to how Midwestern does it.

Anyways, don't worry about the interview process guys. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. If you've come this far in the application cycle that's a good sign! I was in the same boat a year ago. It's worth the wait.

If anyone has any questions about UIC, I'll be glad to help out. Just PM me :)

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully see you guys next Fall

Members don't see this ad.

Finally my application is considered complete.. hope I get an interview ha..:scared:

I went to the preview session on the 16th. The admissions office said interview invites should be going out by the 1st of December. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just started my PharmCAS app and was wondering if we had to submit our references BEFORE we e-submit (in order to receive the supplemental app from UIC). Also, I noticed that UIC's deadline is Feb 1. Will the supplemental app also have to be sent by then (or does it have its own deadline)?

Thanks!

I just started my PharmCAS app and was wondering if we had to submit our references BEFORE we e-submit (in order to receive the supplemental app from UIC). Also, I noticed that UIC's deadline is Feb 1. Will the supplemental app also have to be sent by then (or does it have its own deadline)?

Thanks!

Yes.. you need a complete PharmCAS application (w/ the number of references required by the school + PCAT) to get the invitation for the supplemental application. You can always e-submit but I doubt PharmCAS will send out your application without all 3 references.. you should email them about it.

After you get the invite for the supp app. they will mention that you have two weeks to complete it and turn it in.

Yes.. you need a complete PharmCAS application (w/ the number of references required by the school + PCAT) to get the invitation for the supplemental application. You can always e-submit but I doubt PharmCAS will send out your application without all 3 references.. you should email them about it.

After you get the invite for the supp app. they will mention that you have two weeks to complete it and turn it in.

Thanks! So that means I could theoretically submit everything Jan 30th and still receive a supplemental app? (I'm taking the PCAT in January)

3 References? I thought only 2 were required?

Thanks! So that means I could theoretically submit everything Jan 30th and still receive a supplemental app? (I'm taking the PCAT in January)

Well PharmCAS requires 3.. the school might require 2. You should ask the UIC if they accept PCAT score for the exam taken in jan.. I'm not sure if the scores will come out before feb =/

Well PharmCAS requires 3.. the school might require 2. You should ask the UIC if they accept PCAT score for the exam taken in jan.. I'm not sure if the scores will come out before feb =/

There is actually no PharmCAS requirement for how many letters of recommendation you submit, so just submit how many you need for the schools your applying to. I submitted 2 since that was the requirement for each school I applied to and there where no problems with PharmCAS.

remember it takes pharmcas awhile to actually send your stuff :(.. its best to be safe and go ahead and submit the pharmcas app even if all of your references aren't there.. that gives them time to calculate your gpa and everything.. and even if they send it before your last reference arrives they will send it again when it does.. and again when your pcat scores are reported

I'm pretty sure that they will only accept PCAT scores from October or before. Plus, even if you take it in January, it'll take about 5 weeks for it to be graded and sent to PharmCAS. Plus, when you e-submit, it takes PharmCAS about five weeks to send your app out. Then UIC will have to review it, send out the supp app, and receive the supp app. UIC most likely won't receive the app until late February.

You should DEFINITELY take to UIC about all of these details, clarify what is said about it, and document what they say to you. This will ensure that if they tell you one thing, and end up not following through or saying that they won't accept it, you will have proof.

Best of luck...

I went to the preview session on the 16th. The admissions office said interview invites should be going out by the 1st of December. Good luck everyone!

I went to their info session on sept 27, they said they'll send out supplementals on oct 1, and invites on november 1. Im not getting my hopes up so quickly because theyre kinda of lacking, and making all of us worrisome. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :xf:

I went to their info session on sept 27, they said they'll send out supplementals on oct 1, and invites on november 1. Im not getting my hopes up so quickly because theyre kinda of lacking, and making all of us worrisome. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :xf:

Has anyone heard back about interviews? If not, I guess you're right Huse. This does make me a little concern...

Has anyone heard back about interviews? If not, I guess you're right Huse. This does make me a little concern...

Nope! I've been checking this thread obsessively to see if anyone has gotten an interview invite yet. But I won't hold my breath either. I guess I don't understand how it took so long to come up with the supplemental and that they were testing how to run in the interviews this month, yet it's "rolling admissions". All the other rolling admissions schools are already wrapping up their fall interviews. :confused::

Members don't see this ad :)
UIC faced three major problems when they first tried out the rolling admission style last year,as I was told in a previous info session.
Firstly, they were overwhelmed with dealing with the numerous applications as-they-came-in.
Also, most applicants declined their offer of admissions late, like around July-August. Some accepted applicants even never notified their decline, until they were called when they didn't show up for the orientation. Most of these students had their admission as far back as September-October the previous year, and they were probably offered another admission from either their top school or home state school which is cheaper.
Thirdly, some students' Fall semester grades significantly affected their GPA when they submitted their grades during the academic updated window, although they were already accepted. In other words had UIC waited for the Fall grades these students might not have been given an interview offer in the first place.
So I think UIC do not want to experience this again, they want more qualified applicants to choose them first(through the rolling admission style). However, they don't want to rush in accepting people just to find out in August 2012 that they aren't attending. So probably they will use Wisconsin style by giving out interviews invitation by second week in December and start interviewing in January.
I strongly predict interviews to be held in late December to January. They usually allow 2 weeks from the invite to the interview date. So if you are lucky to have one now your interview will be in next two weeks. As each day passes,the two week timeline moves backwards.

Thanks for the information on last year's cycle, I had no idea about the majority of the problems they had. I'm surprised they had applicants that declined so late in the summer or didn't show for orientation. I saw on PharmCAS school pages they require a $1000 deposit within 2 weeks after the offer so maybe that's new this year? Or else students paid the deposit and failed to tell them they were going elsewhere until late summer?

I had an interview at a rolling admissions school & they give you 4 weeks (or a bit longer if you email them your situation of why you need more time) after the acceptance to pay the deposit or else you give your seat up. I wonder how long UIC gave people to accept offers last year.

Hopefully some of us hear back in the next few weeks.:xf:

The deposit was $500 last year, you had two weeks after your notification of acceptance to send it.

Does anybody know when they are supposed to send out interview invites?

I am wondering if we have 2 weeks to complete the supplemental, does that mean we need to complete it in 2 weeks and have it postmarked by 2 weeks after we receive the invite or does the office need to physically have our supplemental after the 2 week mark?

thanks!

i think it needs to be physically in their office by the 2 week mark

I am wondering if we have 2 weeks to complete the supplemental, does that mean we need to complete it in 2 weeks and have it postmarked by 2 weeks after we receive the invite or does the office need to physically have our supplemental after the 2 week mark?

thanks!
I've called the admissions office before regarding this matter. The supplemental is to be completed and in the office by the 2 week deadline (not postmarked). In my case, it was one day late (because of the mailing service) and they said "its okay if its late by one or two days."

in all honesty, its driving me insane. this school is my first choice, and i want to be in the first group of interviews. my cruise is from jan 4-10 and im scared to buy my airplane tickets if my interview turns up in that day.
and whatever happened to them last year, im sure happened to every other pharmacy school. its part of decision making ,,and they need to understand that
AAAAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!
+pissed+ <<<--- what im about to do!

in all honesty, its driving me insane. this school is my first choice, and i want to be in the first group of interviews. my cruise is from jan 4-10 and im scared to buy my airplane tickets if my interview turns up in that day.
and whatever happened to them last year, im sure happened to every other pharmacy school. its part of decision making ,,and they need to understand that
AAAAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!
+pissed+ <<<--- what im about to do!
I got to pick when my interview was last year. They have a scheduling website with certain predetermined days, but you still get to pick the day (and the time too, i think).

I've called the admissions office before regarding this matter. The supplemental is to be completed and in the office by the 2 week deadline (not postmarked). In my case, it was one day late (because of the mailing service) and they said "its okay if its late by one or two days."

Thanks for being so helpful!

I hope they send out invites before going on break :xf:

same here! I wonder what is going within the UIC adcom, I get the feeling that they are slightly in disarray or something this cycle :confused:

same here! I wonder what is going within the UIC adcom, I get the feeling that they are slightly in disarray or something this cycle :confused:

that's what I was thinking... Does anyone know around what time they are supposed to start sending interview invites? I thought it was around December 1 but as far as I know, no one has heard anything yet...

Well Guys,

I'm sure UIC is little hectic as they are trying to figure out how to use this new system they are applying this year for interviews.

Be patient and wait! As long as you are qualified, (meaning you pass the minimum requirement) they will send you an interview.

This is good/bad as

since you will get an interview but unlike last year, there will be Alot more people interviewing along with you.

Well Guys,

I'm sure UIC is little hectic as they are trying to figure out how to use this new system they are applying this year for interviews.

Be patient and wait! As long as you are qualified, (meaning you pass the minimum requirement) they will send you an interview.

This is good/bad as

since you will get an interview but unlike last year, there will be Alot more people interviewing along with you.

really?? so pretty much everyone who got a supplemental application, and completed it will get a interview invitation???

that's what I was thinking... Does anyone know around what time they are supposed to start sending interview invites? I thought it was around December 1 but as far as I know, no one has heard anything yet...
When did you hear back from Iowa?

really?? so pretty much everyone who got a supplemental application, and completed it will get a interview invitation???

That's what I'm wondering after reading that.

How did you find that information out that they're going to be sending out a greater number of interview invites?? I'm SO anxious to hear anything back from UIC, so I'm constantly checking this thread and my application status on the UIC website.

I have no idea if I am suppose to tell you all but,

Basically they want to use the interview as to learn more about you aside from what the application can show you.

I guess its a bit hard to explain.. hmm..

I have no idea if I am suppose to tell you all but,

Basically they want to use the interview as to learn more about you aside from what the application can show you.

I guess its a bit hard to explain.. hmm..

so UIC basically plans on interviewing 1000+ applicants?

I am attempted to call the admissions office to what's going on.

I am attempted to call the admissions office to what's going on.

I've been thinking the past few days about sending an email to the admissions office, too. I don't want to be annoying and I know they're probably getting a lot of calls/emails, but every rumored date we hear about interview invites keeps getting pushed back further & further. My application's been complete for 2+ months, so I really want to know where I stand in terms of getting an invite.

I've been thinking the past few days about sending an email to the admissions office, too. I don't want to be annoying and I know they're probably getting a lot of calls/emails, but every rumored date we hear about interview invites keeps getting pushed back further & further. My application's been complete for 2+ months, so I really want to know where I stand in terms of getting an invite.

ditto.

I am planning on sending them a email about it soon anyways. I figured I will update the admissions on the grades I got from my summer and fall classes and drop the question about when interviews will be held as well.

EVERYONE CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!!

Interview invites have been sent out :D:D:D

looks like I won't have to call the admissions office after all! Yippie!! :D

got my invite as well :D.. its weird that we have to email them back first..

did anyone not get an invite?

Yay! Got an interview.. totally not expecting it today since it ended up in my junk mail ha..

I also got the invite....so do you guys think they're really going to send invites to almost all applicants?

I also got the invite....so do you guys think they're really going to send invites to almost all applicants?

I sure hope not. I have no idea how many applications UIC receives every year, but the thought of them interviewing everyone that passed the minimum GPA requirements is a a bit ridiculous.

My last interview there was 170 interview slots for 80 seats, so you go into the interview feeling like you have a good shot at gaining admission, even if you're initially deferred.

They stated in the email we all received today that the "applicant pool is extremely strong & making it to the interview pool is a great accomplishment". So, if they're really interviewing that many more people this year, I don't feel as confident going into this as I did my previous interview. Then again, there's twice as many seats at UIC compared to the other school.

BTW, for everyone that got interview invites, what was your campus choice?
I picked Chicago only.
Just curious!

Good luck to everyone on their finals this week if you have any :)

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten emailed back on how to schedule the interview yet?

congrats everybody who got interview invitations!!

gahh I didn't get a invite today but hopefully I will later on... My stats aren't the strongest but I'll hold out hope, this is my top out of state school.