University of Illinois at Chicago application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you guys feel about the Rockford campus?

I like what they're doing at Rockford, and having some experience with the rural community I thought about Rockford, but I decided that Chicago had more opportunities nearby.

Members don't see this ad.

Did everyone submit their supplemental yet? I am gonna drop it off on Monday!

Members don't see this ad :)
How much did everyone write for their responses to the supplemental questions? I'm nearly done with mine, but since there is no word limit guidelines I was wondering how much other people wrote.

How much did everyone write for their responses to the supplemental questions? I'm nearly done with mine, but since there is no word limit guidelines I was wondering how much other people wrote.

I tried to keep my responses succinct yet thoughtful. Some of those questions are borderline covered in the personal statement so I thought repeating myself might be bad.

I got an email in the morning saying that my file is considered complete and will be fully reviewed by the Admissions Committee over the next few weeks. I assume most of you have got this already!

Is this thread open during the weekdays only or what? Nobody says a word during the weekends.

HAHA I had noticed that too! Anyways, now that we have submitted our supplemental applications, its gonna be a long wait to figure out if we will get an interview invitation!:xf: Is everyone from IL or elsewhere?

HAHA I had noticed that too! Anyways, now that we have submitted our supplemental applications, its gonna be a long wait to figure out if we will get an interview invitation!:xf: Is everyone from IL or elsewhere?

I'm from California, but was born in Chicago and have a lot of family living in Chicagoland.

I'm from California, but was born in Chicago and have a lot of family living in Chicagoland.

I am also from California. Makes me a little worry because I am applying from OOS :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received any email from the school saying my application is complete. Yet on the application summary on the website, it says "Application materials received - please await further updates" and "Admission Decision: Referred to College for Review".

Should I be worried that I haven't received anything from the school yet?

I haven't received any email from the school saying my application is complete. Yet on the application summary on the website, it says "Application materials received - please await further updates" and "Admission Decision: Referred to College for Review".

Same here. I hope we're ok!

Hi,
Where did you see the "application summary".
Can I get the link? I don't seem to find the summary you are talking about.

can you not create an account link to your application until after you get an invite?

can you not create an account link to your application until after you get an invite?

Just for kicks I created a pseudo account. I can login but cannot access the online portion of the supplemental material. When I was invited my login allowed me to access this material. Hope that answers your question!

Seems like they haven't sent out any interview invites yet :(

I heard that the interview will start around November-December..

I am not 100% sure but.. Good Luck everyone!

------------------------------------------------------
UIC-COP Class of 2015

I heard that the interview will start around November-December..

I am not 100% sure but.. Good Luck everyone!

------------------------------------------------------
UIC-COP Class of 2015

Thanks! How is UIC? Is the first year overwhelming?

Thanks! How is UIC? Is the first year overwhelming?

Honestly it isn't as bad! I'm just gonna say... watch out for the second exam for each class which just gets.. piled together.. T__T

You pretty much have 4 midterms together like in "thursday-Tuesday"

Honestly it isn't as bad! I'm just gonna say... watch out for the second exam for each class which just gets.. piled together.. T__T

You pretty much have 4 midterms together like in "thursday-Tuesday"
yeah these last couple of weeks were terrible but overall its not bad. physio is a beast though...

My interview was in February but from what i heard from other people, the earliest invites went out was November; so you might hear back in a couple of weeks.

yeah these last couple of weeks were terrible but overall its not bad. physio is a beast though...

My interview was in February but from what i heard from other people, the earliest invites went out was November; so you might hear back in a couple of weeks.

:xf:

Has anyone already been invited to the interview?

Hate the application process with UIC :-( They are not helpful at all and every time tell new things. My application was lost, then they needed more documents which I mailed with the rush service. Now it's been a week and they told me my application is incomplete even though I have provided EVERYTHING! so upsetting...

How do you guys feel about the Rockford campus?

I chose the Chicago campus only on my application, because as an Illinois resident I would love to be in pharmacy school in the city of Chicago especially since there are so many health facilities in the medical district and the research in Chicago. I've spent the past 4 years in Champaign-Urbana for undergrad so I want to be in the city or go to an out of state school. Plus I'm not sure how I feel about the distance learning and not having the professor physically there to speak to if there's questions.

I have a couple friends that are P1's at UIC this year, a few on the Chicago campus and one on the Rockford campus and they seem to like it. The one thing I found interesting was that my friends at the Chicago campus chose "chicago only" & the person at Rockford selected either.

What did everyone choose for campus selection?

I chose the Chicago campus only on my application, because as an Illinois resident I would love to be in pharmacy school in the city of Chicago especially since there are so many health facilities in the medical district and the research in Chicago. I've spent the past 4 years in Champaign-Urbana for undergrad so I want to be in the city or go to an out of state school. Plus I'm not sure how I feel about the distance learning and not having the professor physically there to speak to if there's questions.

I have a couple friends that are P1's at UIC this year, a few on the Chicago campus and one on the Rockford campus and they seem to like it. The one thing I found interesting was that my friends at the Chicago campus chose "chicago only" & the person at Rockford selected either.

What did everyone choose for campus selection?
I chose Chicago Campus only for the same reasons especially the medical district part. And I just got an email today that UIC has all my materials and my app will go under review in the next few weeks.

I chose Chicago Campus only for the same reasons especially the medical district part. And I just got an email today that UIC has all my materials and my app will go under review in the next few weeks.

I submitted mine last monday and haven't gotten an email from UIC. I checked pharmcas, my PharmD Supplemental Application Form and PharmD Prerequisite Coursework Form was received but the online application fee has not been received. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope they didnt lose my payment. :(

Last edited:
I submitted mine last monday and haven't gotten an email from UIC. I checked pharmcas, my PharmD Supplemental Application Form and PharmD Prerequisite Coursework Form was received but the online application fee has not been received. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope they did lose my payment. :(
My friend had the same issue and she called the admissions office and explained the problem. They told her her payment was already received but something went wrong in between and that's why it didn't show up on pharmcas and UIC only updated the payment status on her Pharmcas last Friday or so. Don't worry! you won't lose your payment :) Also, I guess they are a little slow in sending the confirmation emails saying the application is complete. I dropped off the supplemental on the 17th and they send me the email on the 20th. However, my friend submitted on the 21st and she just got the email this morning.

My friend had the same issue and she called the admissions office and explained the problem. They told her her payment was already received but something went wrong in between and that's why it didn't show up on pharmcas and UIC only updated the payment status on her Pharmcas last Friday or so. Don't worry! you won't lose your payment :) Also, I guess they are a little slow in sending the confirmation emails saying the application is complete. I dropped off the supplemental on the 17th and they send me the email on the 20th. However, my friend submitted on the 21st and she just got the email this morning.

Thanks! Guess I have to play the waiting game.

My application is all marked complete as of the 21st... but still no email from UIC. Anyone else submit then and not receive an email? :scared:

My application is all marked complete as of the 21st... but still no email from UIC. Anyone else submit then and not receive an email? :scared:

Where do you see it marked as complete? Does yours say "Applications Materials Received - Please await further updates"? Mine has said that since around Oct 20th and I still have yet to receive any confirmation email from the school. I'm really starting to worry :scared:

Yes! We are all in the midst of a longgg waiting game. I hope they will send out the interview invitations this week :xf:

Yes lets hope so!

I'm sort of in the same boat. Have not received anything from UIC.

Where do you see it marked as complete? Does yours say "Applications Materials Received - Please await further updates"? Mine has said that since around Oct 20th and I still have yet to receive any confirmation email from the school. I'm really starting to worry :scared:

I'm glad we're in the same boat! I'll definitely post on here as soon as I hear anything!

i just submitted my pharmCAS yesterday morning due to a delay with one of my recommenders. for the people that applied earlier: about how long did it take before UIC emailed (or regular mail?) you the supplemental app? will it update on the pharmCAS website or will you be emailed the supplemental app?

Its emailed to you. I never paid attention to the application statuses on pharmcas, they were never accurate.

i just submitted my pharmCAS yesterday morning due to a delay with one of my recommenders. for the people that applied earlier: about how long did it take before UIC emailed (or regular mail?) you the supplemental app? will it update on the pharmCAS website or will you be emailed the supplemental app?

I esubmitted 9/19 and got the supp. invite 10/11 via email. I think the 11th was the first date UIC sent out supp. invites to everyone that had primaries completed (someone correct me if I am wrong).

I esubmitted 9/19 and got the supp. invite 10/11 via email. I think the 11th was the first date UIC sent out supp. invites to everyone that had primaries completed (someone correct me if I am wrong).

You are right! I esubmitted 8/31 and got the supp invite 10/11.

Yessssssssss!

The email finally came today. Application is complete and will be reviewed over the next few weeks :):):):):):):):)

Yessssssssss!

The email finally came today. Application is complete and will be reviewed over the next few weeks :):):):):):):):)

Me too! Finally! haha. Apparently, I was supposed to include my physiology course with my anatomy course in the anatomy section of the prereq worksheet. Someone called me yesterday about it, I fixed it, then I finally got the "application is complete and will be reviewed" email today.

Now we just have to wait and hope for interview invitations:xf:

Hey guys! So the dean, Dr. TenHoeve, came in to speak to our pre-pharmacy club tonight and he mentioned a bit about the interviews. Apparently they're trying out a whole different style of interviews this cycle so I thought I would share with you guys! Here are some minutes I jotted down:

NEW style of interviews: MMI interview (multple mini interviews)
-situational interview
-stations are set up that each keys in on 1 behavioral characteristic (6 total)
-scenarios are given ahead of time(posted outside the room); 15 minutes to
prepare
-8 minutes per station
-scored on your communication skills
-a scenario is given and how would you respond in that given
situation (you have to think on your feet)
-e.g. You are standing in a long line at a pharmacy. A woman ahead of you is
complaining about a person wanting to speak to the pharmacist. Will you speak up and say something? What would you say?
-UIC is one of the 1st of pharmacy schools this year to conduct a MMI interview!

He said he got the idea from medical/dental school interviews and wanted to try it out. They're having mock interviews next week with current pharmacy students to see how this would work. He doesn't think there would be any interviews in November but possibly the very last week. Invites will probably come out this month but the interviews most likely won't happen till January. I hope this helps! :)

Woahhhh. That sounds intense!! I wonder what's the best way to prepare for this MMI style. Thanks for the heads-up, chehe13!

thanks for the feedback on the response time guys!

Woahhhh. That sounds intense!! I wonder what's the best way to prepare for this MMI style. Thanks for the heads-up, chehe13!

I agree.. I'm scared now! :eek:

Me too! My last interview was more conversational and I felt pretty comfortable/relaxed. That sounds like quite the opposite lol. :eek:

Yeah I just interviewed at Midwestern and it was a super relaxed group interview yet I was still nervous. Sounds like I will probably pee my pants a little bit at this one!

Yeah I just interviewed at Midwestern and it was a super relaxed group interview yet I was still nervous. Sounds like I will probably pee my pants a little bit at this one!

Hey! I was at that interview too!