University of Illinois at Chicago c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I realize I am behind in the process, but I did not decide to apply to UIC until recently. All of my transcripts have been received by PharmCAS as of today. Should an invitation to complete the supplemental application come soon or do I have to wait for PharmCAS to review my transcripts (which could take up to 5 weeks) before UIC sends the supplemental? I am worried about this process taking me all the way to the Jan 15th deadline. I appreciate any help!

It took 19 weekdays for PharmCAS to verify me. On the same day I was verified, UIC emailed the supplemental to me. So, to answer your question, the supplemental invite will come after PharmCAS reviews and verifies your transcripts. And yes, it can take up to 5 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I realize I am behind in the process, but I did not decide to apply to UIC until recently. All of my transcripts have been received by PharmCAS as of today. Should an invitation to complete the supplemental application come soon or do I have to wait for PharmCAS to review my transcripts (which could take up to 5 weeks) before UIC sends the supplemental? I am worried about this process taking me all the way to the Jan 15th deadline. I appreciate any help!

I believe that first pharmcas reviews the transcripts to make sure everything on there matches when you entered into the website and then it sends it makes it available to the schools. It definitely takes a long time-- i remember waiting for weeks for them to do it. I wouldn't worry that much becauseI know people that submitted their applications really late for UIC - i think it was like january or december and they had their interviews in february and got accepted. Just make follow up calls with the school to ensure they have everything though.

I had my interview in late February and was accepted the next day. I believe I got my interview invite about a month before, so mid to late January, and it was about 3 weeks after they said they had received my finalized applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that first pharmcas reviews the transcripts to make sure everything on there matches when you entered into the website and then it sends it makes it available to the schools. It definitely takes a long time-- i remember waiting for weeks for them to do it. I wouldn't worry that much becauseI know people that submitted their applications really late for UIC - i think it was like january or december and they had their interviews in february and got accepted. Just make follow up calls with the school to ensure they have everything though.

I had my interview in late February and was accepted the next day. I believe I got my interview invite about a month before, so mid to late January, and it was about 3 weeks after they said they had received my finalized applications.

Thanks guys! Time seems to go so slow now haha

Last year's interviews went out December 12th it seems :( Still a long wait.

Did they send interview invites or had the actual interviews on Dec 12th last year?

No thats when they sent out the first round of invitations for an interview. The interviews weren't until early January. They have several admissions committee meetings spaced throughout the interview process where they discussed tons of candidates from several interview dates. The first round of acceptances were not offered until January 23rd.

Since they have changed up the process and are still trying to fine tune it, these dates will differ from the upcoming round of interviews so don't freak out if u haven't heard back yet about the interview invites and such.

No thats when they sent out the first round of invitations for an interview. The interviews weren't until early January. They have several admissions committee meetings spaced throughout the interview process where they discussed tons of candidates from several interview dates. The first round of acceptances were not offered until January 23rd.

Since they have changed up the process and are still trying to fine tune it, these dates will differ from the upcoming round of interviews so don't freak out if u haven't heard back yet about the interview invites and such.

Thanks for clearing that up. You guys got me worried there for a while :D

What is the deal with UIC. Has anyone heard back yet/any status updates? Seems like all rolling admissions schools have already finished with most of their interviews and UIC has yet to contact anyone about any interviews...

What is the deal with UIC. Has anyone heard back yet/any status updates? Seems like all rolling admissions schools have already finished with most of their interviews and UIC has yet to contact anyone about any interviews...
I heard that UIC might be holding off until they get Fall Quarter/Semester grades, just to make sure you haven't given up on your studies yet.

Painful waiting. But if last year's class thread was any indication, we should hopefully hear something by the end of next week.

Do we submit the prerequisite part of the supplemental with the rest of the supplemental and a second time when Fall 2012 grades are finalized? Or just the first time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we submit the prerequisite part of the supplemental with the rest of the supplemental and a second time when Fall 2012 grades are finalized? Or just the first time?

That's probably the best thing to do unless your fall grades have already been finalized because of the two week window uic gives for submitting the supplemental back to them.

Just an interesting coincidence. I saw last year the interview invites were sent out on the 12th...which happened to be a Monday. Today could be the day :xf:

Anybody received an invitation yet?

Oh man I really hope they're not waiting for this semesters grades. The waiting is killing me. I thought for sure we would have heard something by now.

Oh man I really hope they're not waiting for this semesters grades. The waiting is killing me. I thought for sure we would have heard something by now.

Are we supposed to send UIC the fall grades? I know we are supposed to send them to PharmCAS, but some schools have different requirements...

I was kind of under the impression that once they had gone to Pharmcas and been confirmed that then the schools would receive an updated copy. I'm not positive though.

I was kind of under the impression that once they had gone to Pharmcas and been confirmed that then the schools would receive an updated copy. I'm not positive though.

I was under the same impression. I updated my grades on December 15 and ordered a transcript to be sent to PharmCAS only. It says that UIC will not receive the updated transcript for four to six weeks. I sure hope that the interview invitations go out before then. I was hoping for today, since UIC seems to send communications on Mondays and Fridays. No news yet.

Last edited:
I talked to one of the admission committee members recently and I got a "we have been reviewing many files."

Seems if it doesn't come this week, we'll have to wait for after Christmas break (January). Hope it doesn't take that long :(

I talked to one of the admission committee members recently and I got a "we have been reviewing many files."

Seems if it doesn't come this week, we'll have to wait for after Christmas break (January). Hope it doesn't take that long :(

The applications are just going to keep coming. If they are going to wait until next semester to send out interview invites, what is the point of rolling admissions? I'm not really mad because I just got my app in a couple weeks ago (transcript got lost in the mail on the way to PharmCAS), so now I feel like I'm on an equal footing with everyone who got theirs in earlier. However, that's not really how it should be with rolling admissions. Earlier applicants should get earlier interviews and they just need to cut it off at some point for the first round of interviews.

The people on last year's thread speculated that their long wait for invites was due to the adcom figuring out the new MMI format. I guess we don't know the full circumstances though, so all we can do is wait patiently!

Last edited:
The applications are just going to keep coming. If they are going to wait until next semester to send out interview invites, what is the point of rolling admissions? I'm not really mad because I just got my app in a couple weeks ago (transcript got lost in the mail on the way to PharmCAS), so now I feel like I'm on an equal footing with everyone who got theirs in earlier. However, that's not really how it should be with rolling admissions should go. Earlier applications should get earlier interviews and they just need to cut it off at some point for the first round of interviews.

The people on last year's thread speculated that their long wait for invites was due to the adcom figuring out the new MMI format. I feel like they should have it easier this year after having that experience. I guess we don't know the full circumstances though, so all we can do is wait patiently!

I completely agree. I submitted my application and had everything completed in August. I have gotten interviews from schools that had a December 1st deadline, without rolling admissions. It's the fact that they said they would inform us by now and haven't that's getting to me.

A UIC pharmacy admissions counselor visited my school in October and told us that this year they are not going to hand out invites until they receive everyone's fall grades...

A UIC pharmacy admissions counselor visited my school in October and told us that this year they are not going to hand out invites until they receive everyone's fall grades...

What?? So that means we have to wait now until PharmCAS verifies our academic update. Another 4 to 6 weeks :bang:

The adcom actually holds regular meetings to check this page. They laugh about our posts for a while, deliberate about whether to send the invites, and then they all listen to the guy who says "nah, maybe next week. This stuff is great!"

I received an email about not receiving an interview because I didn't score high enough on rubric. I already have all my classes completed and graduated in spring 2012. Maybe that's why I heard already

I received an email about not receiving an interview because I didn't score high enough on rubric. I already have all my classes completed and graduated in spring 2012. Maybe that's why I heard already

Sorry to hear about that! :( Thank you for letting us know.

My pharmcas application was just recently verified and I got an email from UIC inviting me to complete their supplemental, but I CANNOT get the link to the instructions to work. Has anyone else had this problem or have a link that works?? The admissions office is closed until Jan 2 for the holidays and I'm freaking out!

My pharmcas application was just recently verified and I got an email from UIC inviting me to complete their supplemental, but I CANNOT get the link to the instructions to work. Has anyone else had this problem or have a link that works?? The admissions office is closed until Jan 2 for the holidays and I'm freaking out!

Hmm, are you opening the instructions on a Mac with Preview? I had the same problem but then realized I had to open all the documents using Adobe Acrobat.

Hmm, are you opening the instructions on a Mac with Preview? I had the same problem but then realized I had to open all the documents using Adobe Acrobat.

I am. I installed the lastest version of adobe reader because I thought that might be the problem but I just keep getting a blank page that says the browser can't open the page..can I open the link it directly with acrobat?

I am. I installed the lastest version of adobe reader because I thought that might be the problem but I just keep getting a blank page that says the browser can't open the page..can I open the link it directly with acrobat?

I had the same problem. Had to use safari instead of google chrome

If you paste the tinyurl they give you to access the supplemental instructions into any browser, the full website links to a pdf file downloaded from the UIC Blackboard site. I think the UIC blackboard page is undergoing scheduled maintenance until Jan. 4. Not sure if this explains why you're having trouble accessing it.

http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/itl/alerts/blackboard-8-down.html

Hope this helps!

Just received an invite for the interview, but admission committee is still working on the dates. Its gonna be mid-late January they said.

Just received an invite for the interview, but admission committee is still working on the dates. Its gonna be mid-late January they said.

I got the invite too. Waiting for the date.

Congratulations to the both of you! I haven't received anything, but I still have my fingers crossed! What campus is your invitations at?

For those of you who received the invite, did pharmcas verify your fall grades first?

Hi!

I have been invited by UIC to complete their supplement but I can not open the link!! I've been trying and trying to contact the school but to no avail. Can ANYONE send me a pdf of the instructions and supplemental application!? I'm desperate because the deadline is around the corner!! much appreciated!!

please email: [email protected]

Hi!

I have been invited by UIC to complete their supplement but I can not open the link!! I've been trying and trying to contact the school but to no avail. Can ANYONE send me a pdf of the instructions and supplemental application!? I'm desperate because the deadline is around the corner!! much appreciated!!

please email: [email protected]

sent good luck :)

woo interview!! still outrageous that they took this long and still have not received dates.

They did not even receive my updated transcripts yet.

Darn, this worries me. I just finished e submitting my fall update for pharmcas and started getting my most recent transcripts ordered. No interview notification :(

sent good luck :)
Can ANYONE send me a pdf of the instructions and supplemental application? I tried to open the link but its not working and I really need to fill it asap.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Darn, this worries me. I just finished e submitting my fall update for pharmcas and started getting my most recent transcripts ordered. No interview notification :(

Just be patient. I submitted 2 weeks ago though.

My pharmcas application is finally verified and UIC responded with information on the admissions process. I was surprised when they told me that since I had attended a foreign institution (for my semester study abroad) I would need to have that foreign transcript evaluated and sent to them. I'm concerned that it is not worth the time and money, since I'm already behind in the process. Also it was only 7 total foreign credit. Does anyone have experience with this and know if this is standard for other schools?