University of Illinois, Chicago Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If a person is married, he/she can gain state residency after the 1 year period through the spouse.
Thanks that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually called the school today in regards to that and was told orientation has been scheduled for June 17. He also said we will be getting that information in the mail in about three weeks or so.

I see I see, thank you. Yea, I was just curious as to why it would say to contact osa if one didn't receive any info by august. Maybe there's a secondary orientation/registration for those last minute acceptances as a result of people pulling out of the program? Eh, who knows. But thanks again.

I see I see, thank you. Yea, I was just curious as to why it would say to contact osa if one didn't receive any info by august. Maybe there's a secondary orientation/registration for those last minute acceptances as a result of people pulling out of the program? Eh, who knows. But thanks again.
I hope that there's a second orientation...my wedding is on June 17th :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually called the school today in regards to that and was told orientation has been scheduled for June 17. He also said we will be getting that information in the mail in about three weeks or so.

Orientation will be on June 17? I thought it was in August last year :(
so I have to fly to IL from CA, go back here, and fly there again in August :eek:

anyone got accepted recently?? i got interiewed on march 21st and still didnt hear back from them!

anyone got accepted recently?? i got interiewed on march 21st and still didnt hear back from them!

Have you heard back yet?

I interviewed on the 17th and no answer yet :scared:

Technically speaking no news is good news..but...:(

Hey guys,
How long does it take to receive the official acceptance letter & when they receive your deposit check, do they send a confirmation email or something?:confused:

Just be patient!!! I heard back after 3 weeks so...:xf:

Congrats and thank you for the reply! I guess I'm just paranoid that it seems everyone is hearing back...and I'm still holding a giant question mark sign.

Hey guys,
How long does it take to receive the official acceptance letter & when they receive your deposit check, do they send a confirmation email or something?:confused:

There was about a three week period between the time I received the acceptance via e-mail and the actual letter. It may have even been four weeks; I just remember it took a while. And yes, they do send a confirmation e-mail when they receive your deposit.

i interviewed on the 21st, my friends that interviewed last month heard back in 2 days, i dont know why they're taking so long, i emailed them today asking because they told me we'll reply in a week. im already accepted to midwestern so i need to make a decision on which one to attend

Anyone know if they have finished interviewing applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the interviews will go through may.
A friend of mine had an interview on february 21 and he rescheduled his for may 11.

The office keeps telling me that they will continue through the first 2 weeks of April. However, I don't see how that could possibly be true, when my friend is going to his interview in May.

** I'm still waiting on my interview invite

A friend of mine had an interview on february 21 and he rescheduled his for may 11.

The office keeps telling me that they will continue through the first 2 weeks of April. However, I don't see how that could possibly be true, when my friend is going to his interview in May.

Yeah. It's really disappointing and I think really a dick move to the students that these schools don't do more to TRY to interview around the same time period and TRY to send out decision letters around the same time period.

The result of not doing such is me. I've received two acceptance offers from schools that are farther down my list than UIC is... but I haven't even heard of an interview for them. So my deposits are due in two weeks and I don't even know if I have a chance at UIC. Just disappointing I guess.

I called the admission on last friday..and he told me that interviews will go through the first two weeks of april..then I asked him if i haven't heard from UIC (he didn't know my status) whether i still stand a chance for an interview..then he said i won't be able to get in..

I am not sure whether that is true or not..you guys can call and find out..let me know if you hear something different

I have no idea what is going on with UIC admission committee. I haven't called yet, but my friend called, and they told him that the admission committee is on vacation? They interviewed during the actual spring break, so now...they're taking their own spring break of sorts? o_O

Feb 21th rescheduled to May? Does he know its rolling admissions? That is a great disadvantage. The class will fill up fast

Feb 21th rescheduled to May? Does he know its rolling admissions? That is a great disadvantage. The class will fill up fast
Yeah I interviewed Feb 18th and they said they were about half filled. I can't imagine what it is like now. That may 11th interview may end up being for an alternate spot.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

I emailed them on Friday (a week and 2 days ago) to see what was up. No response.

have been in a holding pattern for an interview for a while and JUST got an email from UIC saying that application is no longer being considered...

in other words, i'm officially rejected hah

luckily i've been accepted somewhere else. good luck to those on the wait list! :luck:

I just got mine, too, bri. 1600 applicants? I highly doubt it. I bet they had half that... IF THAT... that were complete applications. They sure love their program. Oh well, jokes on them, I guess. :laugh:

so... they are no longer looking for applicants?

<_<

Gawd damn..

I guess Ill go to my second choice :(

Shoulda applied earliar..

This is for current student: do you suggest on-campus housing? I'm from California so I'm leaning towards campus housing since it seems a little bit more convenient, but it also seems a little bit more expensive than off-campus and also a little bit far (1.8mi) from the pharmacy building.

Last edited:
I'm at UIC undergrad, off campus housing is much cheaper if you can find rommies. On campus housing is a pain since they charge you extra during breaks. Just make sure you can find an apt that will cover for gas, (winter will suck if you have to pay for gas.)

Plus, as a full time student, you'll get a CTA u-pass that's ~100/semester that you can use all you want. So a bus ride will essentially be like 25 cents if you use public transportation a lot.

Everything in Chicago is pretty much within walking distance, then there is the underground tunnel which is convenient in the winter as well.

EDIT: Also quick question, does anyone know how many people were placed on waitlist last year? Or even speculate on this year? =o And how many people were pulled last year? >_< Just got my waitlist letter, and my number is...kind of big :( I probably won't be able to make it, but I'm curious on what the stats are.

Last edited:
I have similar questions about waitlist speculations. I think I'm in a pretty decent spot, (3rd at Chicago) so I really would like input as well. What waitlist number do you think they may possibly go up to?? (Would it be different this year because of rolling admissions?)

Last edited:
Most pharmacy students live in SSR. SSR does not charge to stay over winter break. Depending on the contract you sign, summer may or may not be included.

SSR is not 1.8 miles from COP. It is no more than 2 blocks. The other apartment buildings TBH/MSR are about 1-2 miles from the west campus. They do not ever include winter break or summer.

http://www.housing.uic.edu/halls/ssr/index.php

There are plenty of apartments in the UIC. I would not recommend going west of Damen. Do not go south of Roosevelt except in the University Village area. Local grocery stores include Jewel at Paulina and Roosevelt and another one at State and Roosevelt. There is a Dominick's at Chicago and Damen, Halsted and Madison, and Roosevelt and Canal. Parking is not easy in the UIC area, but it is not as bad as some areas. Some of the areas require zoned parking.

nope, still haven't received anything yet. i don't like this long time frame without any communication from them! i feel like i might miss some important deadline or somethin lol. but i think we're good for now, just gotta wait.

Did anyone get the April 13 "tentatively reserved" letter. I got it the 25th. Still have not received the acceptance letter.

I got accepted Mar10th and still haven't gotten my "official letter" in the mail. And yet to receive any sort of info. after the acceptance email. However, on the bright side, I am eligible to register for classes if I want to and my financial aid has be approved.

so i was pulled from the alternate list today to attend the rockford campus, but i declined the offer.

Wait... you can register for classes? I called them today and they said, well we are done with the application process but I guess we are waiting for some student responses, so we have no idea when we would be sending the admission packet lol
He told me just know that the orientation is on June 17th and hopefully you will get some info before that. If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "approved for financial aid"? I just got approved for some loans...

Does anyone know if we register for classes during orientation? Or do we just do it on our own time online? And does anyone have any idea what electives they're offering for Fall 2011?

Does anyone know if we register for classes during orientation? Or do we just do it on our own time online? And does anyone have any idea what electives they're offering for Fall 2011?

I think we have to wait 'til the orientation. In my.UIC, it says I can register for class on April 25. I tried to add classes, but I couldn't...:(

Hey everyone,

I finally got an email from UIC about orientation and the white coat cermony and various deadlines! Check your email!!

Is there anyone who isn't already a pharm tech and still needs to apply for the Illinois pharm tech license?

Is there anyone who isn't already a pharm tech and still needs to apply for the Illinois pharm tech license?

Im not. I have a question though- Is it mandatory to apply to become an Illinois pharm technician? I will be going home for the summer so I dont think i will be able to do that... :( Im so confused.

Also, do classes start on August 1st?

Last edited:
Im not. I have a question though- Is it mandatory to apply to become an Illinois pharm technician? I will be going home for the summer so I dont think i will be able to do that... :( Im so confused.

Also, do classes start on August 1st?
To put it simply: yes.

I just emailed the school and asked how to become an IL pharm tech. I have my Pharm Tech license in California.
I passed the PTCB exam and sent app to CA Board of Pharmacy. I'm not sure if I can do the same thing in IL?

I just emailed the school and asked how to become an IL pharm tech. I have my Pharm Tech license in California.
I passed the PTCB exam and sent app to CA Board of Pharmacy. I'm not sure if I can do the same thing in IL?

All you have to do is fill out an application and send in your schedule and a copy of your iCard to the Illinois Dept. of Regulation. You don't have to take any tests or anything because you will be a pharmacy student.
Also, I would recommend not signing up for classes until orientation. They may have you signing up in "groups" that they will go over at orientation, so anything you do now may not be correct.
Honestly, all of these questions you guys have right now, they go over completely in orientation/that's almost the entire point of orientation...

For those who got accepted at UIC either campus...

I was wondering what your stats were when you applied?

For those who got accepted at UIC either campus...

I was wondering what your stats were when you applied?
pcat 58, GPA 3.8, no degrees just finished the requirements at a community college, volunteered and did community work.

PCAT 83
GPA 3.2
Two degrees in chemistry and biology
shadowing
a TON of volunteer work

hi everyone! i've been accepted to UIC for pharmacy starting this fall :)

does anyone know if we have to dress up for orientation?