This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livvvdpt

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I applied to UIndy and received an email today stating:

"Although faculty were impressed with your materials, a limited number of interview opportunities exist and we are unable to extend you an offer at this time. You are currently being placed on a waitlist for consideration to interview on November 16, 2018. Should an opportunity become available prior to that date, you will be contacted to schedule an interview."

Did anyone else get waitlisted? Is there any hope for me? and is there a way to tell where I'm at on the waitlist? Also, does anyone know how many people they interview?

I am trying not to be too upset, but I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in this... I guess it's better than a rejection. :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

"Although faculty were impressed with your materials, a limited number of interview opportunities exist and we are unable to extend you an offer at this time. You are currently being placed on a waitlist for consideration to interview on November 16, 2018. Should an opportunity become available prior to that date, you will be contacted to schedule an interview."

Did anyone else get waitlisted? Is there any hope for me? and is there a way to tell where I'm at on the waitlist? Also, does anyone know how many people they interview?

I am trying not to be too upset, but I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in this... I guess it's better than a rejection. :/
If it makes you feel better, I have not heard anything from Ulndy after I submitted my application to them. I think they are still considering offering you an interview, but it depends on how many people accept their interview offer and if there are some people who are no longer interested in their program meaning turn down the interview offer, then you may have a chance of getting it. I do think you are in better situation than some people like me who did not even receive the waitlist email…

Hey everyone,

What were your stats if you don’t mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure! I haven't posted my stats on here yet but here they are:

University: Western Michigan University
Major: Exercise Science -- received my Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
Undergrad GPA: 3.59
GRE: 150 V, 150 Q, 3.0 AW (I know my writing score is pretty low/average, but I have talked to several people with the same score and they got into schools, so I’m trying not to worry too much about it lol)

Extracurriculars/Experience/Achievements: Recipient of a full athletic scholarship, Division I student-athlete at Western Michigan University, Deans list for nearly all semesters of my undergraduate studies, Academic All-MAC honors, All-MAC Second Team honors, Mid-American Conference Player of the Week honors, Worked 80+ hours as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Dog-sitter through Rover for over 3 years (800+ hours), Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification through the American Red Cross

Volunteer
Volunteered at the Color Run, Volunteered at local downtown church for an entire weekend preparing and serving meals to homeless and poor individuals, Volunteered as a student-athlete at a local middle school’s fall festival

Observation Hours
450 hours Outpatient
30 hours Inpatient

LORs:
2 from Physical Therapists
1 from Exercise Science professor

Sure! I haven't posted my stats on here yet but here they are:

University: Western Michigan University
Major: Exercise Science -- received my Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
Undergrad GPA: 3.59
GRE: 150 V, 150 Q, 3.0 AW (I know my writing score is pretty low/average, but I have talked to several people with the same score and they got into schools, so I’m trying not to worry too much about it lol)

Extracurriculars/Experience/Achievements: Recipient of a full athletic scholarship, Division I student-athlete at Western Michigan University, Deans list for nearly all semesters of my undergraduate studies, Academic All-MAC honors, All-MAC Second Team honors, Mid-American Conference Player of the Week honors, Worked 80+ hours as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Dog-sitter through Rover for over 3 years (800+ hours), Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification through the American Red Cross

Volunteer
Volunteered at the Color Run, Volunteered at local downtown church for an entire weekend preparing and serving meals to homeless and poor individuals, Volunteered as a student-athlete at a local middle school’s fall festival

Observation Hours
450 hours Outpatient
30 hours Inpatient

LORs:
2 from Physical Therapists
1 from Exercise Science professor
I almost have similar stats lol I haven’t heard anything either so at least you got an email

I almost have similar stats lol I haven’t heard anything either so at least you got an email
I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. I just am not sure where I stand on the interview waitlist--I wish there was a way to check. I'm assuming that there are plenty of people that will turn down the interview offer, so hopefully I get pulled off the list and can score an interview.

I am on the same boat as you. I called them earlier, and the lady said there were 600+ applicants who applied. She was not able to tell where exactly where I stood on the waitlist, nor was she able to tell me how many applicants were placed on it. But she was able to tell me if I was on the top, middle, or bottom of it.

If anything, I forgot to ask her what the likelihood of the admissions committee reaching out to those on the waitlist if he/she is on the bottom of the list.

Do you guys know if they will disclose where our position is on the interview waitlist? I hate not knowing... like you could be #2 or #478 and that stresses me out haha

Do you guys know if they will disclose where our position is on the interview waitlist? I hate not knowing... like you could be #2 or #478 and that stresses me out haha
When I called, she was not able to disclose my position. She was able to tell me if I was on the upper, middle, or lower half of the list.

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile