University of Iowa Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: University of Iowa Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Iowa School of Dentistry & Dental Clinics Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics | The University of Iowa

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.68
Science GPA: 3.62
DAT: 21.0AA, 20.5TS, 21.2PAT
Applied: 856
OOS: 741 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 83 Accepted
IS: 97 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 56 Accepted
International: 27 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 3 Accepted
# Enrolled: 82
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.74
Science GPA: 3.66
DAT: 21.3AA, 20.9TS, 21.3PAT
Applied: 844
OOS: 705 Applied, 82 Accepted
IS: 119 Applied, 53 Accepted
International: 20 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 80
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.96-4.00
Overall: 3.26-4.00

**Iowa prefers applicants who apply as early as possible!

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received confirmation that Iowa received app yesterday (6/1), submitted 5/31

Can I wait until 6/5 after I speak with my advisor to submit my application for Iowa? Will I still be considered early? I could submit it today even, but I want to make sure my supplemental are well-written.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I wait until 6/5 after I speak with my advisor to submit my application for Iowa? Will I still be considered early? I could submit it today even, but I want to make sure my supplemental are well-written.
relax, you are still earlier than 85-90+ percent of applicants...

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get an interview invite yet? My app was verified today and I got an interview invite an hour later lol.

Anyone else get an interview invite yet? My app was verified today and I got an interview invite an hour later lol.

Congrats! No I’m verified but I have 1 more letter (4th letter) Idk if I’m hold bc of that. They sent invites early

Reactions: 1 user
Ok sorry there were 3 dates available to me: 2 in August and one in November. August dates were in-person and November was virtual.

Ok sorry there were 3 dates available to me: 2 in August and one in November. August dates were in-person and November was virtual.
wow november is so far, august is easy choice no?

Interview #1
School:
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA
Notification date: June
Method of notification: Email
Method of interview:
Virtual

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does it say app complete for anyone? I’m still under review :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa received my app 6/12, and I haven't heard back from them yet. I heard from others, including one of my friends who submitted on the same day as me, that they received ii.

WAMC

Iowa received my app 6/12, and I haven't heard back from them yet. I heard from others, including one of my friends who submitted on the same day as me, that they received ii.

WAMC
Admissions can be weird, and interviews aren't guaranteed, even with high stats. Try to not compare yourself to your friends, your II's for some schools will come through eventually!

Iowa can be picky about their interviews as well, it's nothing to do with you

Admissions can be weird, and interviews aren't guaranteed, even with high stats. Try to not compare yourself to your friends, your II's for some schools will come through eventually!

Iowa can be picky about their interviews as well, it's nothing to do with you
could it just be they haven’t reviewed it yet?

is applying to Iowa on 6/20 considered late?

Can someone please explain the numbers in the first post, it says 82 OOS and 53 IS accepted, but class size is 80. Are those offers?

Can someone please explain the numbers in the first post, it says 82 OOS and 53 IS accepted, but class size is 80. Are those offers?
Correct, schools will usually accept more students than what the total class size is.

They can’t, however, accept more students than the class size at any given time. Once candidates turn their seats down then they will go and accept more students, until their class is full.

So for CO2024, they accepted around 142 students to fill a class of 82.

Lmk if anyone here has any questions! Go hawks!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Is it worth applying to Iowa at this point on time? Or has the majority of their interview spots been given away?

Is it worth applying to Iowa at this point on time? Or has the majority of their interview spots been given away?
If you’d attend given an interview/acceptance then it may still be worth a shot. But they prefer applicants that apply in June. Get your submission in ASAP to be considered for admission to Iowa

Interview #3
Notification Date: 08/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
GPA 3.7
DAT: AA: 23
Method of interview: In-person

I really appreciate the fact that they only asked for the supp. fee once they gave me an interview.

Last edited:
Silence… losing hope
It's still so early in the cycle! Don't give up yet ... lots of people get interviews after the first decision day. I have a couple friends that are at their top choice schools right now that didn't get interview invites until after January!

Reactions: 4 users
To those who interviewed already, did your status change from "Invited for interview" to "Received/under review"?

iowa still sending marketing/random emails is just annoying LOL expecting a deferral at this point

iowa still sending marketing/random emails is just annoying LOL expecting a deferral at this point
lol I know right like every month they send it

Anyone who interviewed already had their status change to “Received/under review”?

Anyone who interviewed already had their status change to “Received/under review”?
I interviewed in early August and my status has been “invited for interview” the entire time

lol, welcome to dental admissions!

It can be frustrating, just try to not let it get into your head. Last cycle I’d get similar emails from other schools thinking it was an invitation and it was just something else.