University of La Verne vs. Pacific University Psy.D.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psy1117

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been accepted to interview at both University of La Verne and Pacific University for their Psy.D. programs. Unfortunately, the interviews both fall on the same day so I am going to have to pick between the two. Any insight from current students or other applicants what the better choice might be?

From my research it seems that Pacific is the better choice when considering APA match rates and program concentrations available. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything major.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I have been accepted to interview at both University of La Verne and Pacific University for their Psy.D. programs. Unfortunately, the interviews both fall on the same day so I am going to have to pick between the two. Any insight from current students or other applicants what the better choice might be?

From my research it seems that Pacific is the better choice when considering APA match rates and program concentrations available. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything major.

Is the >$32,000 per year tuition not something major?

Hi everyone,

Possibly an obvious question but have you asked if rescheduling/alternate options are available like skype/phone call on a different day? It won't be looked on as favorably as in-person but some chance if better that not interviewing. And if you're a strong applicant they may try to make accommodations for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got offered an interview at La Verne as well (I am possibly turning it down) and they gave me three choices for the interview dates. You should double check with whoever sent you the e-mail on potential dates

Hi everyone,

Agree with the above. Usually programs have more than 1 interview day and are more than happy to accommodate you.

Already have conflicts with programs I have a stronger interest in on the first two dates being offered. I am definitely going to check in and see if any other options are available. If not, any thoughts on La Verne vs. Pacific?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

La Verne's accredited match rates are egregiously low, that'd be enough for me to choose somewhere else.
Even if they weren't low, tuition alone before interest is >$32,000 per year.