University of Michigan Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: University of Michigan Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: University of Michigan School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.73
Science GPA: 3.68
DAT: 21.8AA, 21.5TS, 22.0PAT
Applied: 1,604
OOS: 1,139 Applied, 168 Interviewed, 127 Accepted
IS: 355 Applied, 102 Interviewed, 74 Accepted
International: 110 Applied, 12 Interviewed, 11 Accepted
# Enrolled: 108
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.80
Science GPA: 3.75
DAT: 22.5AA, 22.0TS, 22.0PAT
Applied: 1,675
OOS: 1,193 Applied, 131 Accepted
IS: 380 Applied, 68 Accepted
International: 102 Applied, 7 Accepted
# Enrolled: 109
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.27-4.00
Overall: 3.40-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hopefully will hear something this week. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Interview #5
School:
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
Notification date: September
Method of notification: Email
Method of interview:
Kira Talent (two components)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #6
Notification date:
9/13
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/5
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.73; Overall: 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 21 TS, 23 PAT, 23 RC
Method of interview: Kira and Virtual interview

Two day interview. First day: asynchronous kira then live kira. Second day: zoom meeting.

Reactions: 1 users
Dang…. Didn’t get one yet. Congrats to all who did!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they send all the invites for the day at the same time? Congrats to those who received !

Interview #5
School:
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
Notification date: September
Method of interview:
Kira Talent (two components)

Congrats! Are you IS or OOS? When did you submit?

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/13
Method of notification
: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/23
Application complete date: 6/7/23
GPA (overall, science): Overall 3.90, Science 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/no
Method of interview: Kira & Virtual

For those who received interview invites, did your status change to under review before interview invite?

Will it be a bad sign if my aadsas status chaged from “application complete” to “under review?”

Members don't see this ad :)
Will it be a bad sign if my aadsas status chaged from “application complete” to “under review?”
Tbh I wouldn’t worry about aadsas status … I never found them to be very accurate as many schools don’t update it or don’t match it to the current state of your app.

Reactions: 1 user
Tbh I wouldn’t worry about aadsas status … I never found them to be very accurate as many schools don’t update it or don’t match it to the current state of your app.

I will say that last year Michigan was one of the only schools that was accurate in updating for me. Status immediately changed to Invited for Interview once they sent the email. But in the case of under review or received, I don’t think it matters much

Does anyone know when we might hear something back from this school lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
How's the public transportation in Ann Arbor? If I were to go there would I need a car?

How's the public transportation in Ann Arbor? If I were to go there would I need a car?
You can make it to and from class without a car but it’s nice to have one. I’ve had mine and appreciated it for getting groceries but I also know people that live right in the city that have never had cars… personal choice I guess. The public transportation is all free for students too

Just received an interview invitation today at 5:30!! OOS applicant

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Interview #5
Notification date: 11/5
Method of notification
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/23
Application complete date: 6/27/23
GPA (overall, science): Overall 3.74, Science 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/yes, QR 16 lol

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #5
Notification date: 11/5
Method of notification
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/23
Application complete date: 6/27/23
GPA (overall, science): Overall 3.74, Science 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/yes, QR 16 lol
Congratulations! Do you know what dates happen to be available? Thanks in advance!

Any July or August applicants hear anything back??

Anyone that's applied in june still waiting to hear back? Esp as in state?

Reactions: 4 users
Just as a heads up. In our class I would say many IS students were accepted in the post Dec group. I wouldn't say this is normal by any means, but I would say a large number of IS students were interviewed in the February date. This is also when a good percentage of attending students were accepted. Trust the process

Reactions: 8 users
Just as a heads up. In our class I would say many IS students were accepted in the post Dec group. I wouldn't say this is normal by any means, but I would say a large number of IS students were interviewed in the February date. This is also when a good percentage of attending students were accepted. Trust the process

Does umich conduct interviews on February too? I thought it was until like late January

Does umich conduct interviews on February too? I thought it was until like late January
They, along with most schools, conduct interviews until around March or April latest. This is due to the fact that the next cycle opens up in May

They, along with most schools, conduct interviews until around March or April latest. This is due to the fact that the next cycle opens up in May
Oh I just saw the last year thread saying that the waitlist moved on the last week of feb/early march. Thanks for the info. Trying to stay positive!

Oh I just saw the last year thread saying that the waitlist moved on the last week of feb/early march. Thanks for the info. Trying to stay positive!
Sorry I should have been more specific. Interview invites are early January, with the interview being middle of January, and decisions go on early Feb. I wasn't aware they offer interviews after this date, and the classes were determined via waitlist movement after the Feb decision day.

Hi all! Congratulations to those who were accepted today! For anyone who may have questions or just wants to be connected here is the link to join the official UofM Dentistry Class of 2028 Facebook group: Log into Facebook

Go Blue!

Last edited:
has anyone heard back for the jan interview? if i haven't heard back, is it safe to say that michigan is a denial?

has anyone heard back for the jan interview? if i haven't heard back, is it safe to say that michigan is a denial?

Posting for someone else who is IS with great stats and is wondering the same. Feeling ghosted…….
public schools usually have 1 or 2 interview sessions in january/february before shutting down and going with waitlist...

Posting for someone else who is IS with great stats and is wondering the same. Feeling ghosted…….

If it makes you feel better, I’ve heard that they save the last interview session in January for mostly IS applicants. Many of my classmates were in the last interview groups in Dec and Jan.