University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's kind of discouraging to us interviewees

Don't be discouraged! Just go in, be yourself and enjoy the day. Some people received notification of acceptance the same day, so try not to be disheartened because that could happen to you too.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview for 11/18 too :xf: I'm nervous, the more I read about deferrals the more discouraged I get loll

I posted a little bit ago, I've already been through the interview process and accepted, so if anyone wants any advice, has questions, anything I'll be more than happy to help! Just try not to worry, go in there and be yourself. If you have an interview, you've already made it past the academic portion, so that doesn't matter much anymore. Now they just want to see your personality and make sure you're a good fit for them and they're a good fit for you. It's just as much you interviewing them as it is them interviewing you! This is straight from Dean Perry by the way, she told me this right before I interviewed. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently a p3 at the University of Michigan. I got deferred too, but was later accepted so don't give up hope! University of Michigan students are also putting a forum together on yuku where prospective students can talk to current students about any questions they have. Check it out if you guys have any questions

umcop.yuku.com

Goodluck on everyones interview! :)

For those who have already heard back:

Does UM email us or notify us in any way upon receiving our supplemental application in the mail? Approximately how long does it take?

For those who have already heard back:

Does UM email us or notify us in any way upon receiving our supplemental application in the mail? Approximately how long does it take?

i handed in my supplemental at the school on october 31st and my pharmcas was sent out on 11/7 (i think, although it still says 'not mailed', but i doubt i'd get an interview if they didn't have my pharmcas) and i heard about the interview on 11/10. i didn't get any confirmation that they had my complete application, just that i had an interview. but i'd say its a pretty quick turn around time, especially if your pharmcas is already in.

My PharmCAS also says "not mailed" as well...I asked a friend who has already gotten interviews and one acceptance and she said it takes a MONTH to hear back from anyone. This wait is pretty much stressing me out.

If anyone from last year's cycle applied around november can you give me a timeline of when you started hearing back. Or do we only hear back after we submit our supplement?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I see. Thanks!

I mailed mine from California on Saturday morning. My PharmCAS application says it still hasn't mailed out yet either. Weird...guess I'll patiently wait and see!

so i'm really having trouble finding any information about one of the professors/pharmacists I'm interviewing with...any suggestions on where to look for this information?

I'm having trouble too. I can't find anything on three of the four interviewers-.-

One will be a student and one will be an alumni or staff pharmacist at the hospital, so there may not be any public information out there about them. The other two are faculty and can most likely be found in the directory: http://pharmacy.umich.edu/cop.direc...mn0=role&sortColumn0=last_name&groupSize=1000

okay, mine seems to be a clinical pharmacist at the hospital and thats about all i can find so i guess i'll just come up with general questions about that. my faculty is dean perry, so i think i'm okay with that one

I ended up finding out things about all my interviewers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who receive an invitation for the 11/18 interview date notice where the E-Mail schedule stated "you are our second interview group for the 2012 admissions process." ... Does she mean second for the month, because I know we're not the second for the year lol...

Did anyone who receive an invitation for the 11/18 interview date notice where the E-Mail schedule stated "you are our second interview group for the 2012 admissions process." ... Does she mean second for the month, because I know we're not the second for the year lol...

haha yeah, i was thinking she just copy and pasted an old message and forgot to delete that part, or that we're the second group as in second month of interviews

haha yeah, i was thinking she just copy and pasted an old message and forgot to delete that part, or that we're the second group as in second month of interviews

If there weren't any interviews on 11/11 then yeah we would be the second group of the month... hm I always get confused with the E-Mails

I interviewed on 11/4 & she said that in my email too haha.

Anyone from CA interviewing on Dec. 2nd?

A lot of deferrals have been happening though, I think this has to do with last year having 95 students and they just don't want to make the same mistake again. So I think they're trying to even it out slowly...

A lot of deferrals have been happening though, I think this has to do with last year having 95 students and they just don't want to make the same mistake again. So I think they're trying to even it out slowly...

+1 to that. It looks like there's a lot of us in that boat this year, so as hard as it might sound right now, don't get too discouraged yet.

The reality is that Michigan accepts a lot of out of state students compared to other schools and many of them get accepted but eventually decide not to come (due to out of state tuition, etc.), you just have to wait for them to decline acceptance. About 75-80% of people interviewed end up getting acceptances, you just have to wait for them :thumbup:

I am from CA and was offered an interview for Dec. 2nd!

I am flying there Dec. 1st. Any recommendation on which hotel I should stay at? and bus, shuttle to take? If anyone want to go together or meet up there, please pm me.

So, Dean Perry said that deferred applicants would be notified of their status in December or April. Does anyone have a more solid idea of when in December we might hear?

Also, I don't know if you guys saw this link, but some of the current UofM COP students have made a forum specifically for Michigan which I think you can log into with a google account. I posted in the "How Did It Go" thread and got some encouraging words, so it'd be cool if we could all commiserate over there. :p

http://umcop.yuku.com/directory

That forum is so helpful! Thanks... and yeah I guess all we can do is stay positive.

Congrats, you two! My interview is on Dec. 2nd. Such short notice, so little time to prepare! :scared:

So, Dean Perry said that deferred applicants would be notified of their status in December or April. Does anyone have a more solid idea of when in December we might hear?

I am wondering the same thing. :(

Their deadline is Dec 1, so they probably want to see how many applications they get total and determine how many more interviews they will offer, then go back and accept some of us :p Hopefully not too late in December, unless they want to ruin some people's holidays.

Congrats, you two! My interview is on Dec. 2nd. Such short notice, so little time to prepare! :scared:
Good luck at your interview!!! Try not to stress out about it too much... i'm sure you'll be fine! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

I only found out about my interview a week in advance also.

Congratulations to you two who were accepted :thumbup::)

& those who have an interview December 2nd, just be prepared and don't stress it! It's really a conversational type of interview and it's not an interview where you are drilled with questions.

As for the comment about being notified on our deferrals, I agree with the deadline for the pharmacy school. Also, majority of other schools have similar dead lines, so it leaves applicants who were accepted with an idea of what decision to approach. I also noticed that the end of December marks the 4 week deadline for the deposits for all fall interviewers, so that could be another reason why she mentioned late December. I know that winter interviews are in February and March, so that's why she said April could also be another time. I'm sure those who were deferred in the fall though will know by the end of December and not so late in April. We did apply early and gain early interviews, so I think we wouldn't be categorized with the winter interviewers unless there are specific reasons. I'm just going to remain positive! :xf::luck::) good luck my deferred buddies loool :laugh:

Haha, deferred buddies! I love it. December isn't so far away now, so hopefully we'll all be hearing good things soon. I agree that we have to stay positive. :luck:

Is there anyone who attended the 11/18 interview who didn't get an email? I figured that I would get it today after patiently waiting 3 days and not a word. I passes several email's back and forth with Dean Perry prior to the interview with no problem so I'm not sure what to think ??? Anyone else in this situation? :oops:

Is there anyone who attended the 11/18 interview who didn't get an email? I figured that I would get it today after patiently waiting 3 days and not a word. I passes several email's back and forth with Dean Perry prior to the interview with no problem so I'm not sure what to think ??? Anyone else in this situation? :oops:

I have no idea... that is strange though because today marks the 72 hours... maybe the holiday season has things backed up?

For those of you who received a response did it come from Dean Perry personally or was it from the Administrative Office of U of M? Just so I know who I should email on Monday?
Thanks guys

To all my deferred buddies: If I'm not mistaken - today is the last interview day of the year, right? Which means we should be receiving status updates within the next couple of weeks...? It's officially December now, after all! Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer. :xf:

To all my deferred buddies: If I'm not mistaken - today is the last interview day of the year, right? Which means we should be receiving status updates within the next couple of weeks...? It's officially December now, after all! Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer. :xf:

Yes! I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Dec 2 was the last day of the fall interviews. Hopefully we all have status updates by the end of this month, maybe after we update PharmCAS with fall grades and more of the 4 week deadlines for deposits pass.

Love the "deferred buddies" thing, btw :laugh:

I'm glad us deferred buddies have united as one :laugh::p ... yes today was the last interview date for the fall portion. When I was interviewed on the 18th, Dean Perry was talking about how there's one more interview left until the winter. I think it varies from people to people also... she stated in the e-mail it could be the end of December or April. But seeing we were interviewed in the fall I would think we would have out status update by the end of December--after fall semester grades have been submitted. Let me know if you hear anything!

Yes! I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Dec 2 was the last day of the fall interviews. Hopefully we all have status updates by the end of this month, maybe after we update PharmCAS with fall grades and more of the 4 week deadlines for deposits pass.

Love the "deferred buddies" thing, btw :laugh:

I know... when I first thought of it I was like hmm I don't want anyone to get offended, but it I can't help but to chuckle :laugh: