University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey,
UM-COP has its own forum that's really helpful. It not only provides a lot of information but it also allows you to interact with students who are already in the program. There is a particular topic "The Recent Changes in Curriculum" that's really interesting. One of the students said if we get enough people posting then him and other students in the program would be willing to provide us more information. So click the link below and it will take you right to the forum and start posting!

http://umcop.yuku.com/topic/54/Recent-changes

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,
I interviewed on November 4th and got deferred as well like most of you and was told I will hear something back in December or April. Looks like they defer alot of people.

How many of you guys actually finished all of your pre pharm prerequisites before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of you guys actually finished all of your pre pharm prerequisites before the interview?

I didn't. I'm about to finish 3 this semester & 2 next semester (I'm waiting on taking a higher level statistics unless I find out I've been accepted). I definitely think that's the big reason I was deferred. & sadly I think my GPA's gonna take a hit this semester thanks to physics :thumbdown:

i'm finishing biochem and genetics this semester and was accepted.

Just have genetics this semester and I'm graduating (a semester early thanks to their recommendation of taking 16+ credits every semester to show that we can work hard)... deferred. :cool:

I still have to take immunology and statistics next semester, but those are the only classes I'm missing and I was deferred.

I have completed all my pre reqs except for anatomy which I am taking right now.

Last edited:
Hi! I have a question for those who were interviewed/accepted.

how does michigan let you know if you've fulfilled the prerequisities or not (especially the statistics and immunology requirements). do they evaluate your courses and send you an email saying what you're missing/still need to take? Or, are we just supposed to email them and ask about each class? Thanks :D

Hi! I have a question for those who were interviewed/accepted.

how does michigan let you know if you've fulfilled the prerequisities or not (especially the statistics and immunology requirements). do they evaluate your courses and send you an email saying what you're missing/still need to take? Or, are we just supposed to email them and ask about each class? Thanks :D
Hi,

In my acceptance letter, the last paragraph listed the courses that I still needed to fulfill. However, if you would like to know beforehand I'm sure you could just email Dean Perry with a list of what you've taken and find out! Hope that helps!

PS - I love your nickname :)

I received an email from Dean Perry almost immediately after submitting my PharmCAS application (even before my GPA was tabulated and the app was officially sent out) letting me know I was missing stats and immunology. I kept in touch with her after that and sent syllabi for potential courses until I found ones that she approved. Hope that helps!

Okay guys, so I'm beginning to really worry that I'm not going to have my fall transcripts submitted in time for my application to be considered again during the December review. Does anyone know if your Academic Update has to be totally complete (transcripts and all) before they'll consider your application again? If that's the case, it would make sense that the review wouldn't take place until late December, after the holiday because I can't imagine most schools are getting out any earlier than between now and the next two weeks...right? I'm just irrationally paranoid that not having my whole Academic Update complete by December 15th instantly equates to having to wait until April for a decision.

Anyone else have similar concerns? Consoling words?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay guys, so I'm beginning to really worry that I'm not going to have my fall transcripts submitted in time for my application to be considered again during the December review. Does anyone know if your Academic Update has to be totally complete (transcripts and all) before they'll consider your application again? If that's the case, it would make sense that the review wouldn't take place until late December, after the holiday because I can't imagine most schools are getting out any earlier than between now and the next two weeks...right? I'm just irrationally paranoid that not having my whole Academic Update complete by December 15th instantly equates to having to wait until April for a decision.

Anyone else have similar concerns? Consoling words?

I'm not sure what they require before they "review" it again at the end of the month. But my university won't officially release our grades until the 22nd anyway, and even if I have my transcript request put in, it probably won't get to admissions until after Christmas. So I'm hoping we wouldn't get passed over for the winter review for that reason. Dean Perry would probably be really helpful if you're worried enough to want to email her about it.
Good luck with your finals :)

I doubt that's how they do it because their UM undergrad grades wouldn't be available until at the earliest the 21st. I checked with Dean Perry and she said not to send grades directly to them (even though that's what they said earlier), just send them to PharmCAS for the academic update. I also asked when I might hear back and she didn't really give me an answer :confused: I will try again? Anyone else have any info about that? Mid December? Late December?

accepted and current UM students--- did you receive any information from the school that they received your signed admission acceptance letter? my four week mark is tomorrow and i'm worried that i haven't heard anything!

Do you mean the acceptance and enrollment deposit on wolverine access? The only email I received from UM was that the payment had been confirmed and on wolverine access it shows that I have accepted admission into the university.

Is there another letter we have to sign and mail in for confirmation? Am I missing something?

I received an email from Dean Perry almost immediately after submitting my PharmCAS application (even before my GPA was tabulated and the app was officially sent out) letting me know I was missing stats and immunology. I kept in touch with her after that and sent syllabi for potential courses until I found ones that she approved. Hope that helps!

Hi,

In my acceptance letter, the last paragraph listed the courses that I still needed to fulfill. However, if you would like to know beforehand I'm sure you could just email Dean Perry with a list of what you've taken and find out! Hope that helps!

PS - I love your nickname :)

Thanks for the info guys!!

@ Becrac: and thx! penguins are definitely awesome! haha

current michigan students don't need to pay the deposit, so the only instructions were to "submit a written acceptance letter"...so i don't think i have to do anything on wolverine access. and you didn't need to submit a letter so you're
fine! just wondering how i'll know that they definitely have it.

Do you mean the acceptance and enrollment deposit on wolverine access? The only email I received from UM was that the payment had been confirmed and on wolverine access it shows that I have accepted admission into the university.

Is there another letter we have to sign and mail in for confirmation? Am I missing something?

Hi everyone, how long after your interview did the physical, official confirmation letter arrive? My interview was 2 weeks ago, and I've been notified by Dean Perry via email that I'm accepted, but its been a week and a half and I still haven't received the physical letter containing further instructions....

There's apparently a four week deadline to reply whether or not we're attending? I'll be leaving for break soon >_>

mine came within a week, but i live in ann arbor.

Hi everyone, how long after your interview did the physical, official confirmation letter arrive? My interview was 2 weeks ago, and I've been notified by Dean Perry via email that I'm accepted, but its been a week and a half and I still haven't received the physical letter containing further instructions....

There's apparently a four week deadline to reply whether or not we're attending? I'll be leaving for break soon >_>

accepted and current UM students--- did you receive any information from the school that they received your signed admission acceptance letter? my four week mark is tomorrow and i'm worried that i haven't heard anything!
I never heard anything, I sent mine in 3 weeks ago. I did send it with delivery confirmation though...

I wouldn't be too worried, if you're really stressed though I'm sure you could call the office. I also noticed that on my directory page it now says I'm a pharmacy student (YAY :D ), which didn't show up until about 2 weeks or so ago. So maybe check out your directory page and see what it says?

haha cool! it does say i'm a pharmacy student now. i emailed dean perry yesterday and she said she'd check for me. thanks for the reply!

I never heard anything, I sent mine in 3 weeks ago. I did send it with delivery confirmation though...

I wouldn't be too worried, if you're really stressed though I'm sure you could call the office. I also noticed that on my directory page it now says I'm a pharmacy student (YAY :D ), which didn't show up until about 2 weeks or so ago. So maybe check out your directory page and see what it says?

GUYS. I just got my admission email from Dean Perry! I AM ECSTATIC.

I got an email too! :D:D:D

Dean Perry said they would make all their decisions by this Friday so if you haven't heard don't worry yet!

Any other deferred people out there get in? I was deferred back in october and now I am getting worried....

I was deferred back in october (interviewed 10/14)....U of M is my first choice, im starting to get really worried too :(

Any other deferred people out there get in? I was deferred back in october and now I am getting worried....

Is it random who they reconsider? I doubt it but i wonder how they determine who is reconsidered when. I would like to know how the process works. :scared:

Just wondering if anyone who applied regular decision heard back yet? I e-submitted my app 11/01, PharmCAS was processed and supplement materials were received on 12/05. Just wanted to get a heads up on when I can expect to hear back about an interview. My guess is probably January since the holiday break is around the corner?

Just wondering if anyone who applied regular decision heard back yet? I e-submitted my app 11/01, PharmCAS was processed and supplement materials were received on 12/05. Just wanted to get a heads up on when I can expect to hear back about an interview. My guess is probably January since the holiday break is around the corner?

I postmarked my supplemental materials on 12/01 from California. I received an interview invite via email on 12/09.

Does anyone know for the people they admitted last week how long we have to accept the acceptance / pay a deposit? Or exactly what we have to do? I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet but I am going out of town soon so I want to know how to hold my spot before I leave to travel over the holidays in case there is a deadline or something.

Does anyone know for the people they admitted last week how long we have to accept the acceptance / pay a deposit? Or exactly what we have to do? I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet but I am going out of town soon so I want to know how to hold my spot before I leave to travel over the holidays in case there is a deadline or something.

i was admitted earlier, but i had a four week turn around time from the time of acceptance email to accept my admittance...and i'm assuming its the same for deferred students. if you aren't a current UM student, they will send you information on how to pay the deposit. my official letter came within a week with all of this information, so you should get it soon!

I postmarked my supplemental materials on 12/01 from California. I received an interview invite via email on 12/09.

Congrats on the interview invite! I also had my supplemental post-marked for 12/01 but haven't heard anything on my end but you never know :xf:

Hey everyone!
I interviewed on 10/21, was deferred 10/25 and was just accepted yesterday! Good luck to everyone who is interviewing and congratulations to everyone else accepted! :)

do you mind telling us your credentials? i am curious to see if i even have a chance

Hey everyone!
I interviewed on 10/21, was deferred 10/25 and was just accepted yesterday! Good luck to everyone who is interviewing and congratulations to everyone else accepted! :)

Hey everyone!

Congratulations! :)

Some helpful info for others still waiting to hear back:
I interviewed on 10/21 and was deferred until 12/14.
PCAT: 98 comp (99 verbal, 99 bio, 96 chem, 88 quant, 55 reading ;), 3 writing)
GPA: 3.88 overall, 3.8 science, 4.0 non-science/math
I didn't do that many extracurriculars, no clubs or organizations, some volunteering, but I did have pharmacy experience (volunteer, then technician) and a leadership position (hospital volunteer coordinator).
I graduated from MSU with BS Human Biology a week ago!
I will definitely be attending next fall :love:

do you mind telling us your credentials? i am curious to see if i even have a chance
I just graduated with a B.S. in Biology with a minor in general chemistry. My PharmCAS GPA was about 3.45, I've been working part time in a CVS pharmacy since September and I was a nursing assistant before that. I was part of a community service organization at my college for a few semesters and volunteered at my local hospital before I became a nursing assistant. My composite on the PCAT was 80th percentile. Good luck to everyone!

My official letter hasn't come yet and I'm home for break now, which means I won't be checking my mail for another two weeks. We do have four weeks to submit our acceptance, yes? Can anyone tell me the instructions included in the letter, or do you think I should just wait?

Thanks!

I live in CA and I received mine within the week of Dean Perry's acceptance email.

BTW- Is there an official UM-COP c/o 2016 Facebook group yet? Or is it too early for that lol

My official letter hasn't come yet and I'm home for break now, which means I won't be checking my mail for another two weeks. We do have four weeks to submit our acceptance, yes? Can anyone tell me the instructions included in the letter, or do you think I should just wait?

Thanks!

You'll receive further emails from Tammy with instructions regarding deposit (the only time-sensitive one that I can think of). The official letter doesn't really have much instruction from what I can remember. I, too, am on vacation, so I don't have it in front of me. So please if I'm giving out inaccurate info here, someone correct me!

You'll receive further emails from Tammy with instructions regarding deposit (the only time-sensitive one that I can think of). The official letter doesn't really have much instruction from what I can remember. I, too, am on vacation, so I don't have it in front of me. So please if I'm giving out inaccurate info here, someone correct me!

Well that would be a relief! About how long did it take you to receive further emails?

All within one week, I received an email from Dean Perry regarding the acceptance, then an email from Tammy Clark-Reed with instructions for creating your Wolverine account (and how to pay deposit) and lastly I received the official letter for the acceptance in the mail. That's everything I received from them.

Well that would be a relief! About how long did it take you to receive further emails?

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Does anyone recommend any hotels that are walking distance from the building we interview in?

Thanks in advance!:)