University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have anyone who just got admitted after being deferred received their acceptance letter in the mail yet? Dean Perry said it to expect it before the holidays but I haven't received mine yet.

Members don't see this ad.

the only hotels that are walking distance are the bell tower hotel or the campus inn, i'm pretty sure. they're pretty expensive so you may be better off going off-campus and taking a taxi or bus downtown

Does anyone recommend any hotels that are walking distance from the building we interview in?

Thanks in advance!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
@tertia
@bug2091
I know this is a U of M thread, but I saw that you were accepted @ UNC-Chapel Hill and am curious about your stats. I applied to UNC also, but at the last second. It is my first choice because I live in NC. I have 3.8 GPA, 93% composite PCAT, will have BS Biology and BS Chemistry as of May. What was the UNC interview like?

Last edited:
Okay, I finally got my letter today, but no email yet regarding how to pay the deposit :confused: Its bad enough it took 3 weeks for the mail to move from 48103 to 48105 zip code... Anyone else admitted on (or around) 12/14 still waiting for this email, or just me?

@tertia
@bug2091
I know this is a U of M thread, but I saw that you were accepted @ UNC-Chapel Hill and am curious about your stats. I applied to UNC also, but at the last second. It is my first choice because I live in NC. I have 3.8 GPA, 93% composite PCAT, will have BS Biology and BS Chemistry as of May. What was the UNC interview like?

My stats are 3.74 GPA, 83% composite PCAT, and will have a BS Biology from University of Michigan in May. No pharmacy experience, volunteer experience in a health related setting, and math tutor. The UNC interview process was very well organized. It was very informal and quick compared to my other interviews. The actual interview was only about 30 minutes. They are just looking to see that you are excited and knowledgeable about pharmacy. All of the people were very nice and welcoming as well. Good luck, you will be fine! Let me know if you have any questions!

I haven't been back to my apartment yet to check my mail for an official letter, but I haven't received any further emails, either. Eep.

Update: just received my admission further instructions email this morning! I'm in the process of putting down the deposit and accepting the offer now. :)

Any recent updates or news? I haven't heard anything in a while...

Any recent updates or news? I haven't heard anything in a while...

Just received my interview invite today!!! February 24th :) Pleasantly surprised because my stats aren't stellar but this is one of my top choices!

Anyone else interviewing that day?

Has anyone who was accepted figured out where they are going to live? :D

Trying to figure this out myself right now...

Has anyone who was accepted figured out where they are going to live? :D

Trying to figure this out myself right now...

Ditto...I'll be in Ann Arbor from Friday through Sunday looking for housing...will update if I find anything interesting, but will be visiting the Lake Village of Ann Arbor Apt complex...I'm in the market for an Apt or a Condo or a House...so will be a busy weekend...Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted into the U of M Pharmacy School today!!!.

Hey guys, congrats to all those who were admitted to UOM already. I just thought maybe it'd be useful to post the link on Michigan's forums again for those who are still interviewing or are on the fence. I've posted a couple comments on their forums and students get back to you really quickly (next day even). There's tons of info there so hopefully it helps some people out.

http://umcop.yuku.com/directory#.TysmaeWRiSo

Last edited:
I'm deciding between UIC or Michigan and am an out of state for both schools. Which would you recommend attending considering transportation, cost of living, and the institution itself? Any help would be appreciated!

Question for admitted or already attending students at UM COP. I am trying to figure out this financial aid stuff. I submitted my FAFSA but am not sure what the next step is... Anyone know more about the scholarships and grants specifically for UM COP and how to get them? Thanks for any info.

Question for admitted or already attending students at UM COP. I am trying to figure out this financial aid stuff. I submitted my FAFSA but am not sure what the next step is... Anyone know more about the scholarships and grants specifically for UM COP and how to get them? Thanks for any info.
I swear I remember her telling me at one point that you didn't need to apply, everyone was automatically submitted and a review board or something decided who got what. Don't quote me on that, but I feel like I remember that from somewhere. If not, I'm sure she'll be sending out an email or something about how to apply for them!

Sooo...i'm kinda nervous about this interview coming up on Friday so I might be thinking to much into this:

I received my email with the schedule and who is interviewing me but I only got the name of one faculty member and one preceptor/alumni/student...i'm concerned because the email, the UM forum, and this thread all indicate that there should be two faculty members.

However, I noticed that one other student also had the same number of interviewers as me so it might not be a big deal. Just wanted to see if anyone here had one-on-one session's as well.

Sooo...i'm kinda nervous about this interview coming up on Friday so I might be thinking to much into this:

I received my email with the schedule and who is interviewing me but I only got the name of one faculty member and one preceptor/alumni/student...i'm concerned because the email, the UM forum, and this thread all indicate that there should be two faculty members.

However, I noticed that one other student also had the same number of interviewers as me so it might not be a big deal. Just wanted to see if anyone here had one-on-one session's as well.

Maybe something came up in the other faculty person's schedule and they can't make it anymore. I've heard Dean Perry has been known to sit in when they are an interviewer short, so maybe you'll get her?

I only had one faculty member for my interview and I was accepted! I don't think it really means anything. Good luck on your interview LJ. Don't be nervous... I'm sure you'll do fine :)

Maybe something came up in the other faculty person's schedule and they can't make it anymore. I've heard Dean Perry has been known to sit in when they are an interviewer short, so maybe you'll get her?

Thanks for the feedback! I contacted Dean Perry and she said the number of interviewers were correct :)

I only had one faculty member for my interview and I was accepted! I don't think it really means anything. Good luck on your interview LJ. Don't be nervous... I'm sure you'll do fine :)

Yay congrats on your acceptance!! And thank you for the luck :)

Just wondering, is anyone here accepted who is coming from California?? (I'm from SD myself) Maybe any current students have tips on housing in Ann Arbor?

*sigh* deferred until april...but I think it'll all work out for the best. wish everyone else good luck here :thumbup:

Interviewed 2/24 deferred until April :( Does anyone know what the average deferred then accepted rate is?

Interviewed 2/24 and got an acceptance email from Dean Perry within the next 3 hours after my interview.... I was wondering if they made some type of mistake in sending the email as previous schools took at least a week to reply and I feel like it wouldn't be enough time for the committee to meet-- has this happened to anyone else? I guess I can always wait for a letter via snail mail.. :confused:

Interviewed 2/24 deferred until April :( Does anyone know what the average deferred then accepted rate is?

Hey I interviewed on 2//24 as well! I think they defer a lot of people and have a fairly high acceptance rate. Just make sure you keep in touch with Dean Perry about any updates (like finishing up pre-reqs, getting a pharm related job). I got this advice from someone else on the forum who was also deferred and later accepted :)

Just wondering, is anyone here accepted who is coming from California?? (I'm from SD myself) Maybe any current students have tips on housing in Ann Arbor?

You can try talking to your PharmD ambassador or emailing Dean Perry. They're very responsive :)

Interviewed 2/24 and got an acceptance email from Dean Perry within the next 3 hours after my interview.... I was wondering if they made some type of mistake in sending the email as previous schools took at least a week to reply and I feel like it wouldn't be enough time for the committee to meet-- has this happened to anyone else? I guess I can always wait for a letter via snail mail.. :confused:

Don't worry about it! The same thing happened to my PharmD ambassador...she had her interview and then got her acceptance by the time she got back to her hotel :) A similar thing happened to me too with Temple, where I was accepted 2 hours after the interview and I was worried that they made a mistake too! But I received the paper acceptance the next day!

You'll probably receive your paper acceptance sometime next week only because they're on spring break right now.

Congrats to you :)

i'll be giving up my spot at michigan...hopefully that opens a spot up for someone who is deferred!! good luck!

Is anyone on the alternate list like me? I am an in state resident very curious to see if anyone knows how many people from the alternate list (10 people on it currently) generally end up gaining admission during the summer? I couldn't find any info on previous year threads. Thanks, any information is appreciated!