University Of Minnesota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daniellegene

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this class. Any other person interviewing here on Sept. 24th?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow congratulations on the invite! Seems so early haha.

I got some snail mail from them a few days after I submitted my pharmCAS encouraging me to apply - so I ended up doing so after looking more into the program but it hasn't been mailed out yet :(

You should check out the interview feedback if you haven't yet - I think most people had a really good experience =)

Thanks! its my first interview so far. I applied early since they do rolling admissions.They have a very good program. I hope the interview goes well since its my 1st choice and I am a MN resident, but I will need to prepare very well for it. I will also check out the interview feedback thanks.

Wow congratulations on the invite! Seems so early haha.

I got some snail mail from them a few days after I submitted my pharmCAS encouraging me to apply - so I ended up doing so after looking more into the program but it hasn't been mailed out yet :(

You should check out the interview feedback if you haven't yet - I think most people had a really good experience =)

Members don't see this ad :)
They are my first choice, too!:love:

PharmCAS just calculated my GPA, so I have a while before I will even get access to the supplemental.

It seems like such a great program. I will be disappointed of I don't get in.

Good luck, daniellegene!

PharmCAS just calculated my GPA, so I have a while before I will even get access to the supplemental.

Good luck, daniellegene!

Supplemental questions are posted online even if you can't access your supplemental app yet.

I think Sept 24 interviews are only in Duluth none at TC - doesn't matter as far as getting in but at least for travel and where you get a campus tour it does.

Supplemental questions are posted online even if you can't access your supplemental app yet.

I think Sept 24 interviews are only in Duluth none at TC - doesn't matter as far as getting in but at least for travel and where you get a campus tour it does.

I did see that... I have been formulating answers and am trying to get them written over the weekend.

Good to know that 9/24 interviews are in Duluth. It would be kind of annoying to travel to Duluth when I am already in the Twin Cities. But hey, I'd travel to Timbuktu if that is what it took.:)

I did see that... I have been formulating answers and am trying to get them written over the weekend.

Good to know that 9/24 interviews are in Duluth. It would be kind of annoying to travel to Duluth when I am already in the Twin Cities. But hey, I'd travel to Timbuktu if that is what it took.:)

Most interview days they have them at both campuses, but there were two scheduled this year that I think were only at Duluth that day - sept 24th was one of them.

Good luck, daniellegene!

Thanks! I am hoping to get in early so that I don't have to go to other interviews. It will really save me money. Yes the interview is in Duluth.

Interviewing for c/o 2015 already... We haven't even started classes yet... well we do tomorrow - well actually later this morning...

Good luck!! :) Which campus?

- A newly minted P1

If you mean me, yeah, I'm a P1 at Duluth.

So if you're there you could probably figure out who I am pretty easily if you look at some of my posts in the OT thread...

The "which campus" question was actually directed at the OP. I'm in the Twin Cities, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one still following SDN at Minnesota. :D Maybe we met at orientation?

Maybe, I only met a few of the TC people.

Sept 24 there are only interviews at UMD none at TC. You should have come up here for Duluth Days, we had fun. I think 4 people from TC campus came... but a fair number from all 3 years here and p4 or two and a couple profs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be applying here as well, but won't be up for interview until the Dec/Jan timeframe due to my PCAT date. Best of luck to you all! I'm going for the Minneapolis campus.

Hm is anyone going to interview on 10/22? :)

Congrats! When did you receive your invite? and where is it taking place? I interviewed with 9 other students at the Duluth campus on 9/24. I chose the third option for campus choice with preference for the Twin Cities.Still waiting to hear back:xf:
Good luck!

How long did it take for you to get an interview after submitting your supplemental?

I got the invite this morning, but haven't responded yet because I need to get the date cleared with one of my professors first :(

I submitted my supplemental on 9/23 and it was deemed complete the next day.

The invite email says that I can choose which campus to interview at, and that spots fill on a first come first serve basis. I'm thinking TC campus since I prefer being in a large city, but not 100% sure on that yet :)

I'm going to be at the interview on the 22nd at the TC campus. So I will see you at that one too if you get it cleared with your professor :)

I'm going on the 22nd too. Which hotel are you staying at?

I'm going on the 22nd too. Which hotel are you staying at?

i'm not sure yet. i was thinking the radison since that seems like the only hotel which is actually within walking distance of where we meet for the interviews. what about you?

Oh... I had no idea that there was one within walking distance. I just barely booked my flight last night. I wonder how much it will cost. Where are you coming from?

Well, thanks to this thread, I decided to check on the status of my app and found out that by some computer glitch my application was not submitted! :eek: My fee went through three weeks ago, but the application itself did not. Thank God I checked.

I am so upset.:(

Oh, well. At least it is in now. Boo.

Did you get the schedule for the interview day? I booked my flight home for 6pm and I'm trying to see if I need to change it.

Yea I received the schedule. It is supposed to end at 1245. And in their email regarding hotels they suggest walking. Wow you booked your flight before seeing the schedule I would be worried about time conflicts.

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn. I got a really good deal and it's close to the school. Where are you coming from?

I will see you guys on the 22nd!:banana: I'll be at the Minneapolis campus - just received the invite today. I am so excited!

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn. I got a really good deal and it's close to the school. Where are you coming from?

sorry for some reason i missed this reply. yea i still havent booked the hotel so i am going to look at all the ones they mentioned. I'm coming from Ca, what about you?

sorry for some reason i missed this reply. yea i still havent booked the hotel so i am going to look at all the ones they mentioned. I'm coming from Ca, what about you?

I'm coming from CA too. I'm going to be there on the 21st. Have you booked your flight? What about transportation to the hotel? I'm thinking of riding the bus...

Eeeeeeeeeeek! Today is the day. Good luck to everyone!

Just wondering how interviews went and what people thought about the college? Sorry there were not many students there as it was Fall Break. I should be at every other interview day. If there are any questions feel free to PM me or write a general question here. I am a current 3rd year student pharmacist

I thought that the day was pretty well organized and the facilities and building in general were pretty amazing. I ended up getting lost often though! All those buildings connecting together was pretty confusing haha. Overall, faculty + presentations were well thought out and gave me a pretty positive experience. My only concern was that I'm from CA and it was a little sad to see that every single person on the student panel that day was from MN. It kind of worried me that they didn't have any OOS representatives at all :( & I kind of wonder how those OOS students fare.

My only concern was that I'm from CA and it was a little sad to see that every single person on the student panel that day was from MN. It kind of worried me that they didn't have any OOS representatives at all :( & I kind of wonder how those OOS students fare.

I went to the preview day last spring, and I think a couple of students on that panel were OOS. In fact, one might have been from another country.

Were you morning or afternoon? I was afternoon, and it was pretty much all MN and CA people.

My interview went well (I think), but not the way I imagined it would. The next three weeks are going to be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

I went to the preview day last spring, and I think a couple of students on that panel were OOS. In fact, one might have been from another country.

Were you morning or afternoon? I was afternoon, and it was pretty much all MN and CA people.

My interview went well (I think), but not the way I imagined it would. The next three weeks are going to be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

I was in the morning group, and it was pretty much the same. Only CA & MN people :rolleyes: Sucks that I missed you! I wasn't even fully aware that there were two groups that day haha. Glad the interview went well though :) & ditto on the loooong 3 week wait.

I'm glad that OOS people were at least represented in that, I was just afraid that I'd feel left out if I was lucky enough to be accepted haha

How long did it take after your PharmCAS was mailed for you to receive the link for the supplemental application?

It kind of worried me that they didn't have any OOS representatives at all :( & I kind of wonder how those OOS students fare.

No worries about that! I am a P1 at the Twin Cities campus and there are many people from my class that have come from out of state and even out of country. There are also several people who are from Minnesota but did not attend the U of M as an undergrad. You won't be alone and lost :)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong Bowler, but the U of M does not give preference to Minnesota residents as other state schools do. So your chance of getting in as an OOS resident is equal to someone from Minnesota.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong Bowler, but the U of M does not give preference to Minnesota residents as other state schools do. So your chance of getting in as an OOS resident is equal to someone from Minnesota.

I am about 99.5% sure that this is true.

I'm applying right now as well... I go to UMD in Duluth and I believe that yes, there "official" stance is that they do not prefer MN residents, but unofficially, I think it may be a slightly different story.

The wait is killing me. Does anyone who already got accepted know if they send out decisions officially on said date or if the acceptances go out before rejections?

You are right when you say that there is no preference given to those from Minnesota. I personally believe those that went to U of M for undergrad seemed to have an easier time getting in (By all means no stats with this but generally comparing stats and experience----but the university understands what they do for their undergrad work). With this being said there are more Minnesotans applying than other states but when I was accepted they did state that there were about 60-65% of students that were instate residents so don't feel that OOS would be at a disadvantage.

I would also assume that since it was fall break, those from OOS may have went home to visit family.

Good luck with everything!

I was in the morning group, and it was pretty much the same. Only CA & MN people :rolleyes: Sucks that I missed you! I wasn't even fully aware that there were two groups that day haha. Glad the interview went well though :) & ditto on the loooong 3 week wait.

I'm glad that OOS people were at least represented in that, I was just afraid that I'd feel left out if I was lucky enough to be accepted haha

What was the interview like? What types of questions did they ask?

How long after you submitted your supplemental did you hear about the interview? Also, how long did it take for PharmCAS to update with your school's information after submission?

What was the interview like? What types of questions did they ask?

Check the interview feedback. It has a wealth of information.

How long after you submitted your supplemental did you hear about the interview? Also, how long did it take for PharmCAS to update with your school's information after submission?

I heard back within a week. Not sure what you are asking on the second question - are you talking about verifying transcripts? If so, that really depends on when you submit.

I wonder how long we have to wait. (People who interviewed on Oct 22)

I wonder how long we have to wait. (People who interviewed on Oct 22)

I think they said by the 17th? So maybe next week! :) Or at least before Thanksgiving. Snail mail is going to drive me crazy!

I know... Lucky people who are already in MN and will know quicker. It seems like some people from previous years found out they were waitlisted via email.