Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 6/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/25
Method of interview: Zoom

Undergrad degree in progress at the UofM if that makes any difference???

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
School: Minnesota
Notification date: 8/5
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/5
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: late august

Last edited:
For those who got an interview, was your guys status changed to ‘Received/Under Review’ before you got an interview?

Interview #2
Notification date: 8/30
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 8/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.57, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/25/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/15

Does anyone know when we should think about sending a letter of interest? Minnesota is my top choice even though I am OOS (Canadian) and I have not heard anything from them despite applying in June. My application has not even changed to 'Under review'. When should I think about sending a letter of interest if I do not receive an interview?

Interview #3
Notification date: 8/24
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27
Application complete date: 8/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/8
Method of interview: Virtual

Does anyone know when we should think about sending a letter of interest? Minnesota is my top choice even though I am OOS (Canadian) and I have not heard anything from them despite applying in June. My application has not even changed to 'Under review'. When should I think about sending a letter of interest if I do not receive an interview?
I think you can send an LOI now as there are so many applicants applying. It could only help your chances in my opinion. It’s a good way to check on your application and for them to glance at it again. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I think you can send an LOI now as there are so many applicants applying. It could only help your chances in my opinion. It’s a good way to check on your application and for them to glance at it again. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the response! My only concern is thag my application still hasnt been reviewed (despite me applying in june) because the status on AADSAS is still ‘application complete’ so im worried im jumping the gun with sending an LOI before the app is reviewed. Also, what did you mean by ‘there are so many applicants applying’, did you mean that this year has a significant increase in applications?

Thanks for the response! My only concern is thag my application still hasnt been reviewed (despite me applying in june) because the status on AADSAS is still ‘application complete’ so im worried im jumping the gun with sending an LOI before the app is reviewed. Also, what did you mean by ‘there are so many applicants applying’, did you mean that this year has a significant increase in applications?
It all depends on how you approach it. With the letter, all you are doing is showing your interest to the school. I’m not sure about how the status change work, but due to high volume of applications, it’s worth a shot! Not sure how many applications they receive, but they select limited number of candidates for an interview. Good Luck!

Excited to meet all of you! Good luck to everyone during the interview cycle!
Interview #3
School:Minnesota
Notification date: 9/7
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: In-State
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.63, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/22

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
School:Minnesota
Notification date: 9/21
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: Out of State
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.63, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/23/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/11

Congrats! Did your status change from complete to under review? And When?

Interview #5
Notification date: 09/21
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/22
Application complete date: 07/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/No
Date given: Oct 11 (trying to reschedule)

Congrats! Did your status change from complete to under review? And When?
Yep it changed! I didnt check the portal until after I got the interview but when i looked after it said under review.

Interview #5
Notification date: 09/21
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/22
Application complete date: 07/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/No
Date given: Oct 11 (trying to reschedule)
Hi I am from Canada too. which province u are from and which other university you applied\invited?

Hi I am from Canada too. which province u are from and which other university you applied\invited?
Hey Im from Ontario and I applied to mostly schools on east coast and near the border! Interviews are from UDM, UMN, Roseman, MWI, and NSU

Hi guys, for those who already interviewed- how long did the interview day last? The email says 7:20 - 11:30AM but I just wanted to double check if you guys ended approximately at that time?

My AADSAS status went from "Under review" to "Application complete" today, Does this mean I am rejected?

My AADSAS status went from "Under review" to "Application complete" today, Does this mean I am rejected?
No, it means all of your materials were sent in and it is being moved forward for further review

Interview #1
School: University of Minnesota
Notification date: 10/19
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/19/No
Dates available: Only was given my date

Last edited:
For those who have already done the in person visit, did you bring a notebook or laptop to take notes?

If you didn’t get an email at 2 AM CST today, do you think all acceptances are done until January?

Does anyone know how the U of MN notifies students about scholarships if they recieved any? Would appreciate any info about this as financial aid is one of my top priorities!

Congratulations upcoming dental students! Well done!
Soon it will be time to decide where to go and start completing the checklist before your orientation. Enjoy your time before orientation!

Generally, the school sends scholarships with acceptances. It is done at the time of acceptance to persuade candidates that they really want to bring. The exception is the Health Professional grant that is $1k/year and announced at the time of the FAFSA award letter (qualification must include parent's income and needs to be low).

For those who are waiting, there is still a chance of being interviewed and accepted. Typically, you are more likely to be accepted after Dec 1st, when you were interviewed after Dec 1st compared to those being waitlisted on Dec 1st. Best of luck!

I can answer most of the questions about any parts, just let me know.

Hi Guys! I applied late Nov and it says "received/application complete." Do you know what changes on your profile when they review/if they interview and how long it typically takes to hear back? Thank you I'm curious and the suspense is killing me after seeing all the acceptances (congrats btw!!!)

Hi Guys! I applied late Nov and it says "received/application complete." Do you know what changes on your profile when they review/if they interview and how long it typically takes to hear back? Thank you I'm curious and the suspense is killing me after seeing all the acceptances (congrats btw!!!)
Mine stayed at "Application complete" and changed immediately to "Invited to Interview" (or something along those lines) right after I received an interview invite via email from them. I applied early June and interviewed in September but I also know people that applied mid October and interviewed with them at the end of November.

Mine stayed at "Application complete" and changed immediately to "Invited to Interview" (or something along those lines) right after I received an interview invite via email from them. I applied early June and interviewed in September but I also know people that applied mid October and interviewed with them at the end of November.
Mid-October interviewees IS or OOS?

Mid-October interviewees IS or OOS?
In-state! And I am in-state as well. From what I've heard from previous years, a batch of acceptances went out Dec 1, and then they keep interviewing until another batch of acceptances go out right at the end of January. I had a friend last year who interviewed mid-January last year, and was notified last day of Jan.

Does anybody know if sending a letter of interest in December would be ok? Maybe after the 15th?

Did you interview?
I haven’t :( but I recently had an additional reference letter emailed to them at the beginning of November. They confirmed it was added to my app too.

If you're an OOS student but haven't heard back anything but just applied 11/21, should you send a letter of interest or wait? Minnesota is my top school even though I am instate for another school, but I'd go to MN in a heartbeat.

Interview #3
School: University of Minnesota
Notification date: 12/10
Residency: OOS (International)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.66, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/20/23/22/No
Dates available: 01/10

Is anyone waitlisted? I had a pre-Dec interview but still have not received any updates..