University of Minnesota Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just got the email for alternate list. Anyone have any idea how many people they have accepted from this list in the past?
congratulations! what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

also just got the email, does this mean all seats are filled since everyone has been interviewed?
Hi, this means they are waiting for a response from accepted applicants. Some will accept the offer, some decline and there is a third option where they accept the offer and pay a deposit, and later get accepted to their preferred school and afterward withdraw from here. Thus, there is a need for an alternative list; however, to my knowledge, it does not move much but there is a chance. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, this means they are waiting for a response from accepted applicants. Some will accept the offer, some decline and there is a third option where they accept the offer and pay a deposit, and later get accepted to their preferred school and afterward withdraw from here. Thus, there is a need for an alternative list; however, to my knowledge, it does not move much but there is a chance. Good luck.
so there will still be acceptances from never-filled seats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people get on the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same camp as both of you.
So 4 of us on the waitlist and 3 without another school. Wonder how many more of us there are? And….. what the chances of making it off the waitlist this late in the game.

Does anyone know if rejections are sent out or if it’s just accepted/waitlist for those that interviewed?

Gave up my seat.. hope it goes to one of you guys :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if rejections are sent out or if it’s just accepted/waitlist for those that interviewed?
Rejections are usually sent out all at once after about a month from the interview cycle.
By the way for future reference, this year there were 35 interview days with 10 students each.

Rejections are usually sent out all at once after about a month from the interview cycle.
By the way for future reference, this year there were 35 interview days with 10 students each.
so they would already be sent? sorry i just get confused they seem to do it differently each year. if you got on the waitlist are you good?

has anyone heard anything from minnesota lately? or of anyone else getting accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

Gave up my seat.. hope it goes to one of you guys :)
It is interesting to know what are your alternative plans, if not a secret?
And what is the reason for your giving up?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Education advisor at https://uk.edubirdie.com/college-application-essay-writing, providing assistance for college application writings. "I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure. I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm." -the Hippocratic oath(modern)

Last edited:
It is interesting to know what are your alternative plans, if not a secret?
And what is the reason for your giving up?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure. I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm." -the Hippocratic oath(modern)
i decided to go to another school that was cheaper - minnesota is OOS for me and i had a better scholarship offer from another school

also, were rejections sent out or was everyone who was interviewed and not accepted waitlisted?

when i called for an update a week or two ago, they said waitlist is moving and if your waitlisted there is still a chance. did anyone else ask and get more of an update??

This might be a dumb question. Since the next cycle started and we can't see our previous cycle status on AADSAS anymore, can schools still see it?

This might be a dumb question. Since the next cycle started and we can't see our previous cycle status on AADSAS anymore, can schools still see it?
i have no idea, i had the same question and was going to email them asking what my status is now that the app is no longer available (from our pov) unless anyone else knows this :) did you interview at minnesota?

i have no idea, i had the same question and was going to email them asking what my status is now that the app is no longer available (from our pov) unless anyone else knows this :) did you interview at minnesota?
Ah okay. yeah I interviewed and I'm on the waitlist

nice! what are your stats? are you is or oos?
So basically, everyone who interviewed must be on the waitlist as this makes at least 5 of us that are still “waiting” to not go to Minnesota this year! This is so frustrating. The waitlist is definitely not short and not moving!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
So basically, everyone who interviewed must be on the waitlist as this makes at least 5 of us that are still “waiting” to not go to Minnesota this year! This is so frustrating. The waitlist is definitely not short and not moving!!!!
anybody have another acceptance?

also, sort of wild to just waitlist everybody when the new app opens up soon. being on the waitlist and wanting to reapply is stressful

I received an acceptance email on May 3rd. Good luck to everyone still waiting! I have heard of a current D4 who was accepted in August, so keep the faith :)

Reactions: 1 users